Function Keys

73 Tauren Shaman
I am not sure if this is in the right place to put this, but here goes.

I just got an HP Pavilion DV7 laptop, upgraded from my old HP. My old keyboard shortcuts included the function keys- however, on the new models to use F1-F12 you have to hold the the FN key. If you simply press F1, for example, "help" pops up, minimizing WoW. However, holding down the FN key while playing is sort of annoying. While I can remap my action bars, I would rather not- So I was wondering if there is any way to change this?

Thanks in advance,

Gudu
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nothing in WoW, no - any change would have to be on your computer and in its software.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My laptop is the same way. To change this function, you'll have to go into the system BIOS of your computer when you first start up the computer.

I would recommend searching online for the exact instructions on how to do this on your computer so you do it correctly. But that is how I was able to change that. :)
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Shaman
Thank you for the help, Cerylia- I'll look up how to change it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]