STOP complaining about Holy Paladins being OP

85 Blood Elf Paladin
We excel in single target healing like the intention was, with Light of Dawn we can get a tank up quickly but when the raid is taking extensive damage we aren't AS good and have to cast 8 spells to get 4 people up.

It seems so easy compared to other healers sometimes because the tank is the one taking most of the damage most of the time but we excel at healing tanks, DUR. Use common sense people. =)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
Everyone just hates paladins in general lol. Its just a steriotypical noob class that is catered by blizzard whenever the paladin community cries for buffs.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
WorldofLogs speaks for itself.

The numbers shows that pallies are absolutely dominating other classes and numbers don't lie.

Sorry to say.

*Edited for typos*
Edited by Siucra on 12/14/2010 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
There are two main things to keep in mind about paladins and why they appear so strong now but may not scale as steeply as other healers with better gear
-Holy power is a very strong resource right now because of mana being more of an issue putting a premium on getting mana free output. However, as Int and haste and regen scale, it may outscale the value of holy power based healing and make using straight Divine Light spam the optimal play style
-One of the things that makes holy pally regen so strong is Judgements and getting 15% of base mana every time you judge. Keep in mind that this is off base mana and will never scale ever. All other healers have active regen mechanics that scale directly off gear (either int, spirit or crit) and the gap will be closed as everyone gears up. Plus, judgements take a GCD, and if future content/heroic modes makes us more GCD capped than we are now, we may be forced to judge less because we can't afford the GCDs - the regen model for every other healer is largely passive.

That said, if you want to complain about pallies, here are some legitimate things that might be argued to be OP
-Protector of the Innocent self healing passing through beacon. It's essentially a free 2-3k on every healing spell you cast
-Light of Dawn passing healing from all targets through beacon. This makes it so that Word of Glory is largely an after thought in a raid, because you will always get more single target and raid healing from using LoD with your holy power. The beacon transfer on LoD could maybe be toned down to make using the AoE heal vs the single target heal an actual decision you have to make.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
My only problem with paladins is that they seem to have far less mana issues than my priest. It could be a gap in gear, it could be that my heals cost more, but there you have it. I don't hate them, though, and I always used my off-spec (Holy) when a healadin was in a raid so I didn't contend for their spot as tank healer. At any rate, until the majority of the other classes feel comfortable healing you can expect that one of two things will happen: 1) The people will continue calling you OP or 2) Blizzard will nerf you instead of buffing the others. Take it from a veteran hunter, because I've experienced it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
What other class is capable of aoe healing better than a paladin? None of them, because we're out of mana inside of 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Why do trolls keep making these threads and why do people feed said trolls

These forums make me sad

:(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/

^ Numbers don't lie.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Pretty sure you're the most "op" raid healer out there now....
Edited by Shootdafoo on 12/14/2010 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
For some reason, quotes with references don't seem to work right now, but it should be pretty obvious where those are from:

Light of Dawn passing healing from all targets through beacon. This makes it so that Word of Glory is largely an after thought in a raid, because you will always get more single target and raid healing from using LoD with your holy power. The beacon transfer on LoD could maybe be toned down to make using the AoE heal vs the single target heal an actual decision you have to make.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with that entirely, even limiting Beacon healing strictly to single target heals. Not just because it's too powerful, but because it takes away an element of choice when you almost favor one spell over another (at least in raids), both of which are supposed to be a core part of your healing arsenal.

Protector of the Innocent self healing passing through beacon. It's essentially a free 2-3k on every healing spell you cast

As far as I can tell, it doesn't happen when you heal the Beacon target (and of course not for AE heals, which don't proc Protector of the Innocent). While there is some benefit, it doesn't seem to make up more than a few percent of a paladin's total healing, one way or another. It's likely a bug that will be fixed, but it's not going to change much.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/

^ Numbers don't lie.

I'm a bit ambivalent about these logs. While in their aggregate they probably indicate a balance issue, looking at some of them individually just seems to indicate either L2P issues on some of the healers' parts or some weird healing strategy. When the paladin outheals both other healers with just the Holy Light portion of their total, the other healers don't get outhealed, they get outplayed (and I'd actually suspect that the log in question was faked to get to a top position). When I see a holy priest never, ever casting Prayer of Healing on an AE-heavy fight (Prayer of Healing is twice as much HPM as Heal when it hits five targets and better HPS than anything else you have as a holy priest, outside of Lightwell), that's not a balance issue, either.

That said, I suspect that Blizzard will look very closely at the data they're mining from their own server logs and will adjust numbers accordingly. And I do suspect that Light of Dawn will be changed (it's just way too good in a raid environment at the moment for any spelll), regardless of balance issues.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

we'd stop if you guys werent op :p druids depend on hots to heal to their fullest and they're waaay to expensive to use in anything other then emergencies now, let alone to raid heal! our innervate got nerfed...we have the worst "cheap heal" because in order for it to heal like the others we need at least two hots on the target we're healing, we need a rejuv/regrowth before we can even cast our aoe heals...so we have to cast a 5/6.5k heal THEN cast our aoe heal. tell me where this is fair -_- especially in aoe heal intensive fights. you guys have your 5k aoe heal we have our 12k aoe heal....that doesnt heal as much because you have beacon, ya i think you're a bit op on that department!
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Shaman
Paladins need a nerf, or the other healers need a buff to be brought in line. WoLogs has multiple parses loaded with Pallies just decimating every other healing class.

-Z
Reply Quote
20 Human Paladin
Whoever posted the World of Logs link just made this thread look pretty ridiculous. I think it's safe to say holy pallies are OP healers if they have 90% of the top HPS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's obvious Beacon of Light/Light of Dawn combo is the culprit to those high numbers. That's what will get fixed.

Other healers aren't that far off. I see priest with 11k hps as well. Only class that appears to need buffs are shamans based on those numbers alone.
Edited by Paincake on 12/14/2010 6:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Did you really turn to "The pallys were just better healers" when the WorldofLogs was posted?

Really?...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
My only problem with paladins is that they seem to have far less mana issues than my priest. It could be a gap in gear, it could be that my heals cost more, but there you have it.

I have been outhealed and outlasted by paladins that I outgeared. I also had to gimp my single target healing in the process while they did not.

Things are definitely unbalanced at the moment, but that's to be expected.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
So, nerfing the one class that can actually do it's intended purpose is going to help those other 3 classes do better jobs?
How about buff all the other healers? It seems that every other post is a complaint about the sorry state of Priest/Druid/Shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]