STOP complaining about Holy Paladins being OP

11 Tauren Shaman
Sadly the only area where other healers really seem to need some addressing is in the mana regen department. Most of the horror stories we are reading are not "I can't keep people up" it's more like "I'm out of mana and people die". If people stand in stupid stuff a paladin is about as effective at keeping them alive as any other class going.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea after raiding the BWD with a pretty competent group, I can tell some things are definitely going to need a bit of adjusting. Sure I can heal the raid for insane amounts, but I would gladly trade that off to be able to focus on the 2 tanks solo mode again. Very unfortunate, I can't rely on DPS to not take damage, even the other healers.

Take this for an example:

We tried not stacking for Magmaw's fire pillar, and the healers went oom from spamming raid heals in about a minute.

We stacked for Magmaw's fire pillar, and because all my AoE heals were so effective, they were able to save their mana for probably about 5 times as long.

Nerfing us will just make it even worse for them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Jesus - look at all of this QQ! You're all broken as hell, and all you can cry is 'nerf pallies'!

Yeah, the World Of Logs shows that paladins are doing better relative to other healers. Obviously. Our level 85 spell is a Guardian that doubles our healing. You got a lifegrip, running while casting, and some magical mushrooms. The hell did you think those PvE numbers would look like?

Ask for a buff, or go put those PvP spells (except you resto druids... :p sorry) to use. QQing to break something that isn't broken so that you can be the misery that enjoys company is beyond childish.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Honestly though, Holy Paladins are OP. Not saying you need a nerf - although beacon procs on light of dawn should probably be toned down - but that healers do in fact need to be brought in line. That likely means that you'll take a light nerf, and the other three healing classes will get some sort of buff.

Scaling would be my target - healing spells scale miserably with increases in spell power at the moment, and thats an easy fix for a few % worth of healing.

Really, when it comes to the point where I need to start leveling a Holy pally to play if I want to be at my most effective in a raid, there is something wrong (And yes, I have gotten fairly geared up and done about half of the heroics on this char).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
True that. Problem is, if they wait too long, paladins will get geared a lot faster than the others, thus granting them an edge for most of the current content during raid compositions.

And Blizz didn't fix a %%#* this week for healing classes, which was a bad sign. Sure there were a lot of bugs with quests and stuff, but still. It's not their 1st expansion, they should know by now all the work needed during an expa release.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The meters count absorbed damage from our heal mastery (free shield) as heals.. If you removed that, you'd see that pallys are in line with other casters
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Jesus - look at all of this QQ! You're all broken as hell, and all you can cry is 'nerf pallies'!

Yeah, the World Of Logs shows that paladins are doing better relative to other healers. Obviously. Our level 85 spell is a Guardian that doubles our healing. You got a lifegrip, running while casting, and some magical mushrooms. The hell did you think those PvE numbers would look like?

Ask for a buff, or go put those PvP spells (except you resto druids... :p sorry) to use. QQing to break something that isn't broken so that you can be the misery that enjoys company is beyond childish.

As a former Resto Druid/Sham and Healy Priest, all I have to say is..

Ouch. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]