Protection Paladin & Word of Glory

85 Human Paladin
Are any other Protection Paladins using Word of Glory (in conjunction with Guarded by the Light talent) more so than hitting Shield of the Righteous?

Currently in Heroics, this has been wonderful. I have no threat problems while not using Shield of the Righteous, and typically my Word of Glory + Holy Radiance amounts to 20-30% of the groups heals. Casting 30k instant heal crits is awesome while tanking.

I think I might even spec out of Sacred Duty to get Rule of Law.

Reply Quote
I think I might even spec out of Sacred Duty to get Rule of Law.

Getting Rule of Law is good, giving up sacred duty for it is idiotic. That is one of our best threat talents.

Drop seals of the pure for Rule of law. You will end up with MORE threat that way and better WoGs.

And for the love of god get reckoning.

Reply Quote
and before you ask, get the points for reckoning from hammer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Rule of Law give crit to crusader strike which we pretty much spam unless there is AoE, and as i previously mentioned I have absolutely no threat issues and I pretty much never use Shield of the Righteous. I prefer to spend holy power on Word of Glory for self absorb shields or spot heals on others.

I did drop Seals of the Pure for Rule of Law, that was a good call. And IMO reckoning is meh, in my scenario where threat isn't an issue but survivability is reckoning would just stack Truth faster.

I'm running a much more defensive build, but it's working well--especially while everyone is still working on gearing up.
Reply Quote
And IMO reckoning is meh, in my scenario where threat isn't an issue but survivability is reckoning would just stack Truth faster.

Then use Seal of insight and get more self healing from reckoning. If one day you do have threat issues just change seals to seal of truth and you would get the benefit of Reckoning (3rd best threat talent)+ the extra expertise.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I normally tab target HotR when in groups if there's only a few to keep up threat on them all, especially if the dps are taking mobs out faster than I noticed. Or just to keep up single target threat. While technically WoG is aoe healing aggro, it is nothing to the aggro of one SotR with SoR on.

As prot we are tanks with the capacity to heal ourselves some if we choose, not that we should, but we can. >> And sometimes it is a good thing, othertimes it'd be stupid to self heal. We're paladins, we get to decide. Just keep mobs off people and don't die, all that matters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]