Fix pvp or I quit

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have never gone as far as to say that. I've only played since around the middle of burning crusade, but up until now i've thought that pvp balance was pretty close, close enough at least to where it should be. Since 4.0.1 the balance has been absolutely TERRIBLE, many spells were even bugged, for instance the imp polymorph bug that put the polymorph stun on the target's BUFF bar so as to able to be clicked off at will, or the avenger shield interrupt+silence that's actually only supposed to just be a silence and is STILL bugged going into the next arena season. The bugs are the least of it though because I have NEVER seen worse class pvp and pve balance than now. Mages are godlike. I struggled to beat a level 80 mage, as ret at 85 in a FULL lvl 85 RESILIENCE blacksmith crafted ret set. It's not just that they are kiting and lockdown GODS which they are, but they just do immensely STUPID high damage with all their spells, even scorch and ice lance spam. Feral druid bleed ticks are hitting rediculously hard, they bypass all armor to boot right? Prot paladin pvp is STILL godmode impossible to kill and does far more damage than Ret in pvp. Ret damage is absolute garbage in pvp though even WITH all the long cooldowns that are completely dispellable. Oh wait, weren't you gonna make dispels costly so that they wouldnt be spammed? I have yet to see that change be implemented. And lets not forget heals. Hmm, do I want to cast my 2.5 second cast time heal in pvp that will get me interrupted for sure, or my 1.5 second cast time heal that will oom me in a few casts? I can't decide! And lets not pretend either way won't still oom us incredibly fast, so perhaps my 2.5 second cast time heal that heals for 8k is the way to go? I suppose I could stick to my instant heal that heals for 6k every 6 seconds. Healers are INCREDIBLY underpowered in pvp. Pve damage taken was nerfed just to a point that we could use a model where healers oom in pve if they are't careful with their heals but also if their group slips up and forces them to use a bigger heal. This model is fine in PVE but when it comes to PVP its causing all the healers to be incredibly HANDICAPPED.

All these problems are going, undealt with into the next RATED pvp season and this isn't HALF of it. If I can't play my class because it's not competitive without going into a freakin tank spec for pvp and if the godmode classes are allowed to remain godmode then I quit and I'll find a new game to play pvp in.
Edited by Emar on 12/13/2010 9:20 PM PST
First, you're only $15, so they won't care much for this post.

secondly.....I would love to see all of you complaining about numbers go into the blizz and balance EVERYTHING. do y'all have any idea how hard they work to get everything come close to even a bit balanced? they have to nerf op pvp classes while at the same time keeping their pve dmg in check. yeh yeh frost mages do epic damage in pve and pvp i've heard. but we're a week into the expansion i think other classes will get their time as better epics come out.i suggest YOU take a break from WoW if you're not enjoying it and come back later when things look better
1 Draenei Shaman
Honestly you seem to have a bigger issue with ret pvp and your opinion on mages than anything as it filled half of your post.

As the other guy said its impossible to balance the game but your problems seem to be mainly 1v1, the ret pvp balance has changed from a 1 man army to more of a team based class.

Don't cast the heal if you can't get it off simple, its still good where you can cast it on a friendly player or use your word of glory to heal yourself or an ally, don't use every bit of your power for offensive damage and expect not to die mix it up.

Honestly the heal never was worth it if you had people on you.

Healers are ok... i play a healer mainly they just aren't godmode anymore which isn't a problem for me since i am a team player.

If you don't feel the balance is great im sure they are glad you gave your feedback now give it time this xpac got released a week ago.

NEw expansion all i can say is forget all you have learned and adapt, its pretty fun. Old play styles won't work...sorry.
85 Human Mage
I have never gone as far as to say that. I've only played since around the middle of burning crusade, but up until now i've thought that pvp balance was pretty close, close enough at least to where it should be. Since 4.0.1 the balance has been absolutely TERRIBLE, many spells were even bugged, for instance the imp polymorph bug that put the polymorph stun on the target's BUFF bar so as to able to be clicked off at will, or the avenger shield interrupt+silence that's actually only supposed to just be a silence and is STILL bugged going into the next arena season. The bugs are the least of it though because I have NEVER seen worse class pvp and pve balance than now. Mages are godlike. I struggled to beat a level 80 mage, as ret at 85 in a FULL lvl 85 RESILIENCE blacksmith crafted ret set. It's not just that they are kiting and lockdown GODS which they are, but they just do immensely STUPID high damage with all their spells, even scorch and ice lance spam. Feral druid bleed ticks are hitting rediculously hard, they bypass all armor to boot right? Prot paladin pvp is STILL godmode impossible to kill and does far more damage than Ret in pvp. Ret damage is absolute garbage in pvp though even WITH all the long cooldowns that are completely dispellable. Oh wait, weren't you gonna make dispels costly so that they wouldnt be spammed? I have yet to see that change be implemented. And lets not forget heals. Hmm, do I want to cast my 2.5 second cast time heal in pvp that will get me interrupted for sure, or my 1.5 second cast time heal that will oom me in a few casts? I can't decide! And lets not pretend either way won't still oom us incredibly fast, so perhaps my 2.5 second cast time heal that heals for 8k is the way to go? I suppose I could stick to my instant heal that heals for 6k every 6 seconds. Healers are INCREDIBLY underpowered in pvp. Pve damage taken was nerfed just to a point that we could use a model where healers oom in pve if they are't careful with their heals but also if their group slips up and forces them to use a bigger heal. This model is fine in PVE but when it comes to PVP its causing all the healers to be incredibly HANDICAPPED.

All these problems are going, undealt with into the next RATED pvp season and this isn't HALF of it. If I can't play my class because it's not competitive without going into a freakin tank spec for pvp and if the godmode classes are allowed to remain godmode then I quit and I'll find a new game to play pvp in.

My eyes are bleed

Also in 3.0, replace every class you just complained about with ret pallies. But seriously, your wall of text crits higher than any of my ice lances.
Edited by Bleakwinter on 12/13/2010 10:45 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
I like PvP. :D
Protection.
/shoc'd.
85 Undead Priest
I totally agree with Emar. PBP balance right now is worst than what it was at S5 beginning. I'm doing arena since season 1(on others toons) so iv seen a lot.

Mages are even more OP than DK was in S5. Incredible burst with multiple way to kite/snare.

Feral: Dps is too high.

DK: Necrotic strike absorb 30k of healing and more when it stack. LOL cmon how are healer supposer to heal?

Elemental Shaman: Press 2-3 key and burn down somoene from 100% to 10% in 3 cooldown.

Healer: Huge imbalance between class. Holy paladin and shaman mana regen is much better than Druid. Druid mana regen is much better than priest.

Playing a priest, not only our healing/mana ration is by far the worst but since power word:shield get remove in 1-2 shots, our survavibility has been greatly nerf. I'm not gonna start talking about dispell.....

85 Human Paladin
It's the first week of the expansion and we're all fighting in blues. Things are always going to look worse because resilience isn't that high yet.

I'll agree with you that mage burst is high (I play a mage and its stupid easy to kill melee) and that ret isn't really that strong right now. Classes are never balanced this early into a expansion and i'd say ret at the start of wotlk was far worse than the mages are now. The only thing you can do is wait it out or play a comp with a frost mage in it.
90 Draenei Shaman
REt pally suck BIG #%@%N DEAL !! GO PROT !!!! SRSLY ATLEAST YOU AHVE A GOOD SPEC!!

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING RET IF IT SUCKS.. srsly stfu go PROT OR HOLY.. you have 2 viable speccs.. thats better then MOST CLASSES that onlyhave 1 !! druids only had resto !! warriors only had arms for a while.

Every class ussualy only has 1 viable specc.. So they respecc every new big patch!! your just a dumbass that hasnt LEARNED TO RESPECC !! lol
85 Tauren Shaman
Ok lol. He is right class is not balanced right now and it will ever be balanced. 2nd elemantal shaman do big damage yes, but we getting oom very fast and our heals does around 10k MAX.

Ferals are the most retarded class iv'e seen. Bleed tick for 24k wtf?
85 Undead Rogue
He sure loved being a ret paladin in season 5. Now its too hard to play
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In season 5 i was pveing, i didnt get into arena until season 8 as holy. I hit 2.2k, almost 2.3k. I LOVE the freakin ret playstyle, I HATE that it does lolable damage. I play ret pvp quite well currently if I say so myself, yet the damage is just awful. Please stop trolling. I crit 20k hammer of wrath in pvp if i'm lucky, my balance druid friend crit 20k starsurges at lvl 83. There is serious imbalance and it needs fixing before the pvp season goes to #**!. PLEASE STOP MAKING IRRELEVANT COMMENTS ABOUT ME BEING BAD AT RET, OR UNABLE TO DEAL WITH CHANGE. I'M NOT BAD, AND WHAT I'M SAYING IS STILL JUST AS VALID.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My biggest issue is this. For the most part, all of what I said has held true through almost the entire lvl 85 beta experience to now and they STILL haven't done enough to balance it. And while most good pvpers know and have known since the start of the beta that pvp balance is %!@!ty right now, and that this is probably the worst it's ever been since burning crusade came out, and many have voiced their thoughts about that ever SINCE the beta came out, the developers continue to do almost NOTHING AT ALL to fix pvp. IT IS IN FACT VERY BROKEN AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
85 Draenei Paladin
i think you should quit so we can have 1 less nerd rage. rets decent just not op, how you want it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wrong, I want ret balanced and it's not. The majority of good pvpers disagree with your statement that ret is 'decent.'

Edit: Get to lvl 85 then talk.
Edited by Emar on 12/14/2010 8:26 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Holy wall of text. fix this post or quit life. not even readable. even if you made a point I couldn't make it past the first sentence.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]