Ret paladin pvp

85 Human Paladin
Alright I know that this is extremely early in the expansion and the new season isent even out yet, but is it just me or is ret once again going to suck in pvp?

Now i am not qqing in anyway because if ret does suck in pvp again ill just as easy go holy. Problem solved.

But seriously now that rets have their HoF not getting rid of stuns anymore and without the mechanic of a slow rets just seem to be played with by casters and now in order to do any damage you have to have inquiestion proced, wings poped, and have them in melee range. Which seems quite frustrating to me. And although we have a new intterupt I barely get to use it at all because of the amount of control everyone have on me.

Again if this is just me then w/e i would just like to hear some logic and not just trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret lacks survivability and requires a ramp up to deal decent damage in addition to being extremely kiteable, i wouldn't expect to do well in any competitive pvp until ret gets some of its issues ironed out.
Edited by Fabius on 12/14/2010 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Alright well im glad its not just me and i get some real logic instead of trolls =D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Eh healing isent broken so ill just keep throwing out some green numbers until its safe to go back to yellow and white...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yea.. I'm going prot for pvp until ret is better. Ghostcrawler makes me sad panda.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I swear when servers are back up if i go against any rets im going to laugh my a** off lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm not having too much trouble with casters, with HoF, repentance, HoJ. But relying on 2 procs for big damage is terribly unreliable. No one comparably geared to me is going to die to a HoW or two. So I need procs. Sometimes I get them. Sometimes I stay alive a long time and die still waiting for some serious DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I have to agree. THis time around Ret paladins got screwed all the way around. pve and especially pvp. I might have to consider going Protect as well for pvp. Frustrates me. My first toon I made 3 years ago was my paladin and I loved ret. Holy pwr has not beena good idea at all. and it sucks to have to wait on procs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My paladin is hurting. Yeah this has been the wrose changes for ret paladins I have seen in my 3 years of playing. If it was not broke then why mess with them. I hate to say it but yeah. I may have to go prot for pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]