Blizzard, please.. DON'T GIVE IN TO THE QQ!

85 Worgen Druid
For the first time in awhile.. healing is difficult! It's quite perfect, actually. It's forcing us to adapt to certain situations and be more cognitive as to which spells need to be needed and when they should be.

I am having a blast with the new content. I rolled a Druid for Cataclysm because I've always liked them, just never made one. I have been healing for 4 years or so, and I've completed all content pre-nerfs, including KJ and H LK @ 10% ICC BUFF, so I'm in no way, shape or form new to this side of town.

There are also many other healers who are having a blast right now, it's fun! The game is fun for once. Why would you revert anything and take it back to the zzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZ snooze fest WoTLK was? I mean, Heroics FEEL like Heroics now. It's epic!

The strain on healers force the DPS and Tanks to step it up, it's either they kill the boss before we go OOM (if you're really bad) or they push it a little and down the damn boss. Why is everyone complaining? Sure, it's going to take awhile before everyone gets situated with the changes and begin to learn more about their particular play style so they can be a more effective healer, but that's normal - there's no need to change the mechanics or nerf the Heroics because people who aren't taking the time to learn how to get passed the curve are whining about it! I mean !!!%, if you can't take the heat in Heroics - DON'T DO THEM! You have two options, and Heroics are now only for those who have the gear, skill and confidence to do them.

Anyways.. that's my little rant. Just know, though.. if you take the difficulty out of the game, ESPECIALLY after making the 10/25 man loot tables the same and introducing the new lockout system, the players who like challenge and more elite content are going to be really, REALLY sad pandas!

D:

So please, don't give in! <3

...please?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Why is the only solution a complete return to WotLK?

You DO realize they purposely implemented a bunch of "knobs" to turn for adjusting in Cata, right?

I don't know why people insist on being so dramatic.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I don't think you read what I was saying properly. Dramatic? Nah. Concerned? Maybe. Hoping things stay as difficult as they are? Hell yes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You're 84. Unless you have a secret 85 up your sleeve somewhere you haven't done heroics and don't have a clue what healing is REALLY like now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're 84. Unless you have a secret 85 up your sleeve somewhere you haven't done heroics and don't have a clue what healing is REALLY like now.

This is it exactly. Now don't get me wrong I don't want it changed either but he's right you don't.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I have a 85 Holy priest, leveled it to 85 with my Brother's DK as a tank. Sure, they're tough at 85, but why does that surprise you? Dunno maybe it's just our skill set. I don't see any problems with some challenge. Wow, a Heroic is actually hard huh? Amazing!

Didn't know Heroic meant easy, my bad.
Edited by Lawls on 12/14/2010 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
armory link to you lv 85 priest?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/shisai/simple

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
yeah having healing go back to Classic wow is cool amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I would just like to add my voice to a seemingly small minority.. I really like the challenge of healing - especially druid - at this time.

I've raided with all five healing specs in WotLK - some more than others. In every case, once you hit a point where your gear was content-appropriate, the challenge dropped considerably. I try not to be an elitest, but there were more than a few healers just mashing buttons without fully understanding what was going on.

One caveat - I have avoided pugs at this point because I believe the idea of CC is still being worked through with the tank and dps communities. I only run with guildies coordinating through vent. If I didn't have access to a great group of skilled and relatively geared people, I might not be having as much of a good time.

As a resto druid, I had to make fundamental changes in the way I heal. I use every single healing spell at our disposal - even including bandages. It's different, it takes some time to learn and adjust, and your success may be dependent upon how well your other group members are geared and skilled - but it makes each successful encounter that much more of an achievement.

I know the nerf to content is coming soon - the cry for mercy is simply too loud. But I would urge Blizzard to just give folks a little more time to gear-up and learn new ways of approaching healing before reducing the challenge too much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Challenge is not fun....mark my words...when the healing population declines below tanks, I garantee Blizz will change. From what Ive experienced and read, those masochists who enjoy "challenging" are a minority.

Besides, thats why they made hardmodes. For all the nutbars out there.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i havent healed any Hardmodes yet, but what iv experienced so far is a serious breath of Fresh air for the healing classes, wrath druids just blanketed the raid in rejuv and wild growth

but now we as healers are all required to do a Little Thinking while healing.

Im Lookin forward to healing some Heroic content soon, and i Agree with lawls that Heroic should Literally mean HARD not another cake walk example WotLK lol

Blizz Plz keep it the way it is!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
+1000000000000 OP

blizz please don't cave in yet again to the bads, or seriously start thinking about doing seperately tuned realms where the whiners can go live in the happy dream fairy land of infinite mana wotlk faceroll tactics.

healing is fun now, and the heroics are tuned great. Obviously they are hard currently since the entire wow population just went through a full gear reset, but soon enough we'll be at that TBC heroic sweet spot.

DONT CAVE IN BLIZZ!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
^ THis please blizzard dont ruin your game by caving in!

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Healing is fun right now do not buff it. I think a lot of healers will think healing is hard right now for one or two reasons.

1) our gear went through a reset and we are under geared/dont have equal gear for the stuff we are doin just yet.

or

2) The Dps can't CC or move from avoidable Damage, which takes mana from the healer causing then to go oom, and making their heals that was meant for the tank to go on the dps.

So i hope in due time people will get better and the people that are complaining about healing being hard will think its not hard a lil difficult yes but not impossible.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Priest
Healing is boring at 85, I pray to god they do something other than this. Healing is so crap right now (as a spec). God I want a level refund, at least healing in pvp at 80 was not broken.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Priest
"Yes, overtuned Heroics are so much fun! I definitely want 5 mans to be harder than last expansion's raids!

No, healing is not "fun" at all now... it's not "broken", or "hard" either, but it still isn't fun.

I don't think Blizzard should change Healing (Yes I have an 85 Holy/Disc Priest), but I'm not going to lie, and say casting Renew and spamming Heal is fun.

I could seriously open Microsoft word, hit E E E E E E E E E E E E E E Q E E E E E E E E E E E E Q, while hovering my mouse over where my frames would be, and get the same enjoyment, but without the "HEEELER UUR FAULT KICK" part of it"

I agree
Reply Quote
I dont want Bliz to cave.....I just want the fails out there to jsut L2P, or not join a random. To those who are having fun, My question to you is are you doin randoms or in DF lookin for grps, or are you doin guild and friend runs? cause im finding a ton of grps that are full of fail tanks and cc classes, or like someother posts 4k dps and then say healer is crap. i have stoped healing a tank who pulls b4 im full on mana (i will run out of the insatnce or tele out if i can) i will not heal a dps who thinks standing the fire or to keep hitn the wrong target will make them better. That is not fun to me Iam a healer cause i want to keep ppl alive not let em die. so to all you who joined in WotLK and were in a guild who had no problem carring you, and you have no idea how to play your class, gtfo plz, or just wait untill your guild is better geared and and can carry you again to top tier gear, or just go lvl a new toon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]