Possible Hotfix Nerfs?

100 Human Paladin
So I started my first heroic today and I've noticed two things:

Light of Dawn heals for 3k less than it used to.
Tower of Radiance is not generating holy power when Holy Light is cast on the beacon target.

These seem too specific to be elaborate bugs. Perhaps blizzard decided we were able to do too much AoE healing on the cheap? Am I the only one noticing these changes?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I might have to laugh a lot if these are actual nerfs... and then cry because now ret and holy are useless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Noticing the exact same thing. Crossing my fingers it's a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same here. Tower of Radiance doesn't work for Holy Light. Started about halfway through a heroic run - about 20 minutes ago.
Hope it's a bug because we're worthless if it's not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yup, I'm hoping it's a bug, otherwise...lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If it is not a bug and is indeed intended Holy will not be a viable healing spec. This bug removes our toolbox completely.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Re-rolling if it isn't a bug lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I'm pissed.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Welcome to healing issues the other classes have now. But seriously, I really would have rather seen other healers getting buffed to Pally level of healing. I never expected them to nerf you guys. But just think...now healing will be "fun" just like the developers wanted for us! lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not really the attitude I was hoping to see. The Sky is not falling, These aren't game breaking. Now this does make Tower of Radiance not worth the talent points, but that's as upset as I am.

I saw these nerfs coming several thousand miles away. I simply want to confirm that I wasn't the only one seeing this.

This is not a dealbreaker. Holy is not "No longer viable". If that's what you feel you need to post, please do it somewhere else.
Edited by Marudas on 12/14/2010 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Glad im not the only one then ... i cant even heal SFK anymore ... lol gg on the re-roll ill join ya
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Eh. I expected nerfs. But not being able to generate holy power makes us HL bots.

There's no point in using holy power heals more than once every 18 sec (from HS).

Casting expensive heals to get "free" heals is not fun, interesting, or balanced. It's just broken.

This will remove holy play viability in raids. I expected Light of Dawn to get nerfed (specifically; it procing beacon of light) but for them to remove the ability to generate holy power is just flat out stupid.

It's akin to doing to holy what they've done to ret.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
oh man, you gotta be kidding me....
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I could understand slightly tweaking Light of Dawn to adjust how much it heals Beacon and also tweaking the amount of mana gained from judgements, but this is ridiculous. Practically makes Holy Power spells a retarded gimmick.
Edited by Omèn on 12/14/2010 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I had the same problem after the patch with Tower of Radiance not generating HP when healing the Beacon. I did not see any mention of this in the patch notes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If this was a nerf it would be under patch notes w/ other classes that were changed.. This is a bug that hopefully is hotfixed before raids tonight
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Is this confirmed as a bug or nerf?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]