What talents now with Holy nerf

90 Human Paladin
Just wondering what people are thinking of doing with their talents trees with the Holy nerf. Are points in Blessed Life an option now? Will you leave points in Tower of Radiance? Or will you change your spec?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
leaving points in ToR after this change? Not smart. Huge waste of points now. At least I think I will be trying a new spec soon to see what I can make work.

And I will get in habit of using crusader strike....at least till they take it away from holy for HP generation. I am predicting that will happen next week.
Reply Quote
Sadly, I see CS getting nerfed too, because I'll be doing the same thing.

[Edit: This is wrong --->] I wouldn't go for Blessed Life. You don't take direct damage in pve except on bosses that summon adds or if your tank is doing poorly. It'll never proc.
Edited by Janaire on 12/14/2010 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You don't take direct damage in pve except on bosses that summon adds or if your tank is doing poorly. It'll never proc.

Any hostile debuff thrown at you procs it as well. It is invaluable in raid boss fights. Please don't post about current raid talents being useless until you've downed a boss.
Reply Quote
Any hostile debuff thrown at you procs it as well. It is invaluable in raid boss fights. Please don't post about current raid talents being useless until you've downed a boss.

A simple correction is all you needed. I wasn't aware that a debuff was considered direct damage from Blizzard's perspective. No need to be condescending when most people here aren't even geared enough to raid yet.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What I'm going with.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sfIbzrduubkhbZc
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Oh yes, your mighty two bosses down make you the bastion of credibility on this issue sufficient to talk down to others.
Edited by Sarannah on 12/14/2010 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Judging from a quick glance at your armory, why are you posting about current raid talents then?

Considering I've downed two raid bosses and ranked 86th holy paladin in the US on Omnitron, I think I can say a thing or two.

I didn't mean to come off as hostile, sorry, I'm just not a fan when people are so quick to dismiss something they haven't had the chance to test themselves. Even concerning Tower of Radiance, I'm still skeptical that it's worthless. I've changed my healing rotation, I now use Divine Light on tank and seem to be just fine in heroics.

I will be raiding in a few hours, I will be able to comment on how ToR and DL tank healing works out now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh yes, your mighty two bosses down make you the bastion of credibility on this issue sufficient to talk down to others.

Way to edit your peaceful comment to something more hostile.
Reply Quote
I didn't mean to come off as hostile, sorry, I'm just not a fan when people are so quick to dismiss something they haven't had the chance to test themselves. Even concerning Tower of Radiance, I'm still skeptical that it's worthless. I've changed my healing rotation, I now use Divine Light on tank and seem to be just fine in heroics.

I'm a grouch right now anyway. Right now, you could probably tell I'm the most amazing person in the world and you're going to give me a million bucks and I'd misinterpret it in my tired stupor as you calling me an idiot and saying I owe you a million bucks. I probably shouldn't even be anywhere in the vicinity of the internet. Apologies for grumpiness.

I made an assumption based off of how the tooltip was written and was caught off guard again. Not the first time it's happened, probably not going to be the last. At least you caught it, so really I should be thanking you. That was a pretty big fib on my part.

As for ToR, I'm tempted to keep it, at least for now. Even knowing Blessed Life procs from those nasty debuffs, I don't actually see enough going around in heroics for it to benefit more than ToR would, and with how...amazing my server is, it'll be a little while after I'm geared for raiding that I'll actually be able to raid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not sure I use Divine Light or Flash of Light enough on the tank to make it worth it. Will need to test myself to see whether or not to spec out of it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Way to edit your peaceful comment to something more hostile.

No offense, but hostility begets hostility, bro.

Not a problem. The simple fact is we're in the opening week of an expansion phase and pretty much everything's still in the air as evidenced by today's stealth nerf and probably has a while yet to settle into orderly fashion. I don't think now is quite the time to be saying any particular thing is must-have or a complete waste of points with any sense of real credibility or authority on the matter. The best we can really do is say what's good for this build and remain open and responsive to changing conditions.

Either way, I completely agree that ToR is still useful, it's just no longer the font of "free" holy power it used to be. Proclaiming it to be a waste of three talent points is exactly the half-cocked, knee-jerk response we all need to avoid for the moment. It does raise questions for me regarding Blizzard's planned healing model for the expansion, because to this point I was under the assumption from my own investigation and Blizzard's commentary that we were intended to use our baseline heals the most and reserve the more-powerful heals for either heavy damage phases or emergencies, which obviously is not panning out the way it seems to be planned for a number of reasons.

I blame the people who obviously treated the Cata beta as less a test phase of a commercial product than a free content preview, for why goofball crap like this survives a six-month test to go live, but that's beside the point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]