So, is healing still "fine"? lol

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Shaman
Healed the majority of the heroics and healed the baradin hold boss, healing is fine once you learn the new model.. my gear isn't even good l2p ;/

also i pugged everything
78 Blood Elf Priest
"As I've said many times, I envision a healing mode where mana is a factor, but spell payoffs are big. Combat proceeds at a decent pace; we don't heal constantly, but we make what heals we do cast count."

I wish it was like this.
90 Orc Shaman
"OMG We have to use our brains and actually work together?! Thanks Blizz"

Yeha i guess the down side is that I can no longer play one handed. :)
Still think its funny people spin the argument back to "Its not Wotlk" Or "Its supposed to be hard its Heoric" Im not talking about challenge im talking about fun and im not the only one i just logged in to talk to my GM and found out 3 guilds just lost there main healers as well

So is something wrong or am i just QQing think about it 4 healers from the same realm quitting in the same day hmm.........(and two of them have been playing for 4 years like me) Take your lips off of blizzards butt and open your eye's.

So what's making it not fun? The vast majority of complaints I've seen have been "it's not fun because I can't do heroics." If you honestly think it's not fun because you prefer to hit a button every 1-1.5 seconds instead of every 1.5-3 seconds, that's a different issue.

"As I've said many times, I envision a healing mode where mana is a factor, but spell payoffs are big. Combat proceeds at a decent pace; we don't heal constantly, but we make what heals we do cast count."

I wish it was like this.

The sheer amount of (ridiculous, unfounded, ignorant) backlash when Blizzard even made the tiniest suggestion of healer downtime makes this impossible. Instead, we got healer autoattack, which is basically the same thing.
Edited by Galashin on 12/14/2010 5:09 PM PST
86 Worgen Druid
Healed the majority of the heroics and healed the baradin hold boss, healing is fine once you learn the new model.. my gear isn't even good l2p ;/

also i pugged everything

careful, they're coming for shaman next.
90 Orc Shaman

And ill adapt, again, and agian, and again.

90 Night Elf Druid
12/14/2010 4:06 PMPosted by Galashin
At this point, I really can only see the game moving in the two directions I mentioned. Either the casual players remember that "hardmode" isn't restricted to "hardmode of the latest tier of content," and accept it, or Blizz has to nerf everything to oblivion to keep revenue up. I hope I'm wrong.

If the former is what ends up happening, then we will more than likely go back to a bc model where the majority of players don't get past the first tier raid, and only a tiny percentage ever see any of the last tier raids. That would be fine if there were alternatives to pve end game play other than raiding, but there aren't. Running out of content is a guaranteed subscriber loss. It's still a waste, however, when so many design resources go into content that will be utilized by a very small percentage of the player base.

Perhaps they believe the new model will draw in more subs than it loses. Sony thought that as well before the NGE shed 200k subs in a matter of days. To quote Raph Koster, "You have to dance with the one you brought." The ones Blizzard brought both by their design in Wrath and their marketing to ultra casuals are the ones failing now. A little patience and a plan to slowly tighten up the game over the course of six months would have been more constructive as it would have made an effort to teach the less experienced players how to play.

If the former is what ends up happening, then we will more than likely go back to a bc model where the majority of players don't get past the first tier raid, and only a tiny percentage ever see any of the last tier raids.

What are you talking about? Hyjal/BT were pugged pre-3.0 on LS, and front half Sunwell post-3.0 (back half shortly after WotLK's release, for people who wanted to see it).

When the frontrunner guilds moved into SSC/TK, the middling guilds moved into Kara. When the frontrunner guilds moved into Hyjal/BT, the middling guilds moved into SSC/TK and the purely social ones into Kara. Etc.

Perhaps they believe the new model will draw in more subs than it loses. Sony thought that as well before the NGE shed 200k subs in a matter of days. To quote Raph Koster, "You have to dance with the one you brought." The ones Blizzard brought both by their design in Wrath and their marketing to ultra casuals are the ones failing now. A little patience and a plan to slowly tighten up the game over the course of six months would have been more constructive as it would have made an effort to teach the less experienced players how to play.

The key is that the casual players got used to "level cap --> heroics --> most recent tier of content," instead of "level cap --> normals --> heroics --> progression through the tiers." They'll either remember that's how it's supposed to be, and stop whining about heroics being too challenging for LFD pugs who don't CC, or they'll win out through sheer economic weight and the game will get nerfed.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Posted by Verrez

And ill adapt, again, and agian, and again.

He ain't scurred

OH SHI---
@Galashin

Its annoying a class you've been playing for 4 years is now a sub par pally, its annoying that in rpg's you level up to get stronger not weaker like we have here, heals not scaling is annoying, i feel like i got ripped off and that is why its not fun for me just frustrating

All i hear is deal with it, no blizzard should deal with it they made a crappy product imo activision probably told them to get it out asap and it wasn't finished. maybe they should just suck up there pried and come clean if Square Enix can do it Blizzard can
Edited by Bahska on 12/14/2010 5:32 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/14/2010 4:54 PMPosted by Braks
As a priest, healing is perfectly fine. If you don't think it is then you are either using the wrong spells or wearing the wrong gear.

I'm in the right gear, casting the right spells. Armory me. I have over 2400 spirit plus a mana trinket and a weapon enchant, I'm properly enchanted, respectably gemmed (could be improved some), and I have a solid spec I'd defend against anyone's criticism. I know my spells, how they interact, what they do, how much they cost. I never run out of mana and never lose anyone to anything other than fight mechanics fail. I've healed all but two heroics to completion (something about Stonecore and Blackrock makes pug tanks fail and guildies want to go for achievements). I am a good healer.

Priest healing is not fine. It is easy, boring, limited, clunky, irritating, and frustrating. I do not say this because I am bad or because I am not succeeding at doing it or because I've failed to adjust to the new model. I have adjusted. I am healing heroics with rousing success. I am at a point where I can heal an awful lot of stupid. A few purples will put me back in godmode. And I still hate it.

If I quit healing and go level my lock as my main (which I would truly love to do, I'm a good destro lock and adore the class post 4.0) then my guild will not raid. We've already lost 75% of our healers including some of the best. One, who I've been healing with since I first hit 80, our best resto shaman and a close RL friend, seems to have basically quit the game in frustration. If I quit, I'm letting the guild down. So for now, I'm not quitting. But healing is bad right now. It is not fun and people are not happy.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
To answer the (not so) veiled question in the OP, Paladins aren't upset because "ZOMG we're 'on the same level' as everyone else (whatever the hell that means... it's been a week... how about we see how things turn out when we have gear and people know what the hell they're doing when they're playing with a few thousand spirit instead of 500?)". Paladins are upset because the entire mechanic that was the Paladin playstyle just got removed, yet they left in beneficial oddities that are almost certainly bugs (or at the very least, inconsistent with everything they've ever said about Paladin abilities), and in fact directly impact their stated "problem" with Holy Paladins.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]