Ok, maybe I QQ'd prematurely...

1 Blood Elf Priest
I have made several posts on this form re: sucky priest healing. I gave it another heroic shot last night with a moonkin friend. We came in on the third fire boss in BRC and I was like, "great". I can say it was hard, really hard, we had wipes, but the pug was polite and wanted to get it down and open to ideas. We skipped him, went and struggled thru the next two bosses, learned to kill Lucky first and I got two ups. Wow, we beat the big core hound, I freaked out!

Boy, did those two ups help. Evey single piece of gear really really does make it easier. We decided to go back and do the fire boss again. This time, we improvised and had the pally be the second tank for adds because the tank needed to pull him thru the lava more often and 3 attempts in, we did it and I felt completely rewarded. I forced myself to keep PoM up as much as possible.

Now, this was one good pug, it was 4am, I spent way longer than I really wanted to, but I feel much better and actually think I can do this.

I am in all blues that are enchanted, even my offhand has the new 100 intel. My ilevel is 333 and from 329 I can tell the huge difference.

I still don't like the being boxed in by chakra, but I moved some keybindings around and it's doable....I think im going to keep pushing because when the scale finally tipped and I s wee were going to beat him, it was a wonderful feeling.

I say to those who still feel sad and upset, I feel your pain I do, and granted it's just one heroic and I had a good group, hang in there. It really has just been a week and as much as people pounded this into my head I didn't care. Maybe when pugs and dos learn the mechanics and get some crafted gear, it will be better.

We as healers need to stand up and say, bandaid yourself, sit down and eat between pulls, cc or no heals for you....I see it now.

I think it will be ok.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Im glad to see another player adapting to the changes successfully. Congratulations :)
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Welcome to the fun part of the game. Actually trying and feeling accomplished at your success.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So we have shamans and priests coming around... now we just need to hear of a Droods life changing story to put this akward first week of Cata behind us.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
From all of us healers who didn't fall to the QQ trap and waited it out because it's only been a week since launch and adapted, we would like to congratulate you. Not being a troll, I'm being serious. At the beginning of every xpac it feels like blizzard just does doesn't care and almost seems like they want people to quit. But it's not true. I'm not a blizz fanboy, I've just seen the trend since BC. Again, welcome and I'm glad you're having fun. Now back to reading the paladin forums because their QQs about their nerfs are what I like to call carma.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Welcome to the fun part of the game. Actually trying and feeling accomplished at your success.

This.

That feeling of accomplishment is such a rush. ...It's been sorely missed.

I think the difference that a lot of people are missing is that before, wiping was horrible because the content was so easy. Now, it's a lot less of a hassle. Sure you've got to run back, but if the content was easy you wouldn't be wiping in the first place.

Yes. Healing is hard, but it's because the content is hard. It wasn't before. That makes finally beating something extremely gratifying now :D
Edited by Lashiel on 12/14/2010 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had the exact same experience in H SFK. I got in with a group of really good players and while we wiped a few times on the first boss while we figured things out (we went in ignorant, nothing like trying to figure things out for yourself), but as we got comfortable with things it was difficult but we managed. This was unbelievably more satisfying than later Wrath where you went in 2 tiers above the content. More than anything though, it was the patience of the other players and people that knew their role without having to be told that really made it an enjoyable experience.

We're all learning, it's difficult, but it really is a sense of accomplishment when people start to work together and overcome difficult situations.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
A lot of people don't like change... that is what 99% of the qq seems to be about really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I finish heroic run everyday on my priest, but yet I don't see how it is going to make me into a successful healer. I just felt miserable. 2-3 hours to spend couple days a week, yet they all spent on 1 single freaking heroic run.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
We all cheered in vent when we downed the Commander (3rd boss) in H SFK, and got his achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Froyo - Maybe if you posted on him we could help you out.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks all.

Yeah the reward was so sweet, and once more ppl experience that, pug and heals, things will start to shift. Those going into pugs now need to train that mindset. You just have to keep pushing at it, and sometimes the pug will be total crap, sometimes it will be pro. That's the chance you take. I went with a friend on vent who could back me up on heals as needed. We improvised and broke the rules of classes. Sometimes, DPS needs to stop and heal or tank too. We were lucky to have a DPS that had tank gear, so you have to break free of that I'm DPS only mindset.

Also, It helps there are portals in the instance that take you to your last checkpoint. I think the walk backs after wipe and wipe is a moral killer, so i totally appreciated that. More opportunities at attempts rather than walking. I remember slave pens use to be the longest walk ever and that's when I really learned how to heal, so it's coming back to me now. The first heroic I did took me six hours and, yeah wrath spoiled me. Farming heroics in the morning was my habit, now I'm changing it to all the great dailies in tol barad and deepholm.

I'm liking it, you got my support again blizz!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
This is why I've been a bit... vitriolic towards the QQ - the difference between squeezing into Heroics with 329 and actually have an equipped score above 333 is huge. There's a hump in there where all the numbers start lining up and you can afford the more expensive heals a bit more often, the "weak" heals are punchier, and so on.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
This is why I've been a bit... vitriolic towards the QQ - the difference between squeezing into Heroics with 329 and actually have an equipped score above 333 is huge. There's a hump in there where all the numbers start lining up and you can afford the more expensive heals a bit more often, the "weak" heals are punchier, and so on.

I definitely am noticing this as well. Particularly in the "punchiness" of my efficient heal when my Gale of Shadows is fully stacked compared to when it falls off (not the best trinket for a disc priest, but better than most. 300 SP is nothing to sneeze at, and the haste reforged quite nicely to spirit). I highly recommend it to druids and holy priests.

Also, I recommend staying away from haste at this level. Just back away. Don't gem it. Reforge it to crit or mastery. Wrath haste ruined us. Get yourself as close to base casting times as you can and unlearn haste-enhanced healing. You can have it back in a tier or two (Haste is a terrific DPS stat though).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
The sense of accomplishment is back in WoW.... and it's a fricken rush!
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
I did some more heroics last night and we even managed to get a few of the achievements done for the particular bosses!!
That was awesome! I get it now, I totally get it.

Hang in guys, just run your rep up and get some better gear and enchant your stuff and give it a few days. LET DPS and tanks learn .... it's going to get better, trust me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
INC
Thank you for this post. I hope we will see more of this over the next month, as people have Christmas time off and spend more time in the game and see how to play it according to the changes.

Please, more of this.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This is a good post and you should feel good.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
The boss in question is one of the more difficult heroic bosses in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I remember this one time when I felt accomplished in WoW and then it dawned on me that I was in fact playing a game and no one game a damn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]