Guardian of the Ancient Kings Broken? (Ret)

90 Draenei Paladin
The Ret version of this spell is supposed to give a stacking strength buff however while I was out doing dailies today I happened to be looking at my character sheet and even when the buff got up to 20 stacks my displayed strength did not change.

Is this a display error or are we actually not gaining any strength from this cooldown?

Or am I missing something terribly obvious?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Str is going up based on BASE Str it seems. It goes up about 30 at 20 stacks and the numbers seem to match.

Who knows.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you sure it did not change at all? I check it yesterday and was getting 1-2 strength per stack, which means it is probably only increasing our base strength.
Reply Quote
How is this worth a 5 minute cooldown, again?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Still bugged after reset
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Okay for some reason I can't post on my main in this thread now..........

Any who is this a bug? I was looking in on my str expecting to see it go up by the hundreds so I may have missed it going up by ones and twos.

I mean really? It's not even worth the bother to use like this.
Edited by Shandrie on 12/14/2010 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
With what it does now, it would make a fun 1 minute cooldown... tops...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Is there any new word on this issue? I did a new test today and got a grand total of 34 strength at max stats. This is a huge DPS issue for Retribution.

I've made a bug thread in bug reports but it seems to be getting ignored.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i notice this as well.

but blizzard seems to be focusssed on nerfing us, not fixing our problems. just ask holy paladins today.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING

What do you expect to happen when the class is completely revamped and Blizzard is given an earlier release date than they were intending? Give Blizzard some credit for making due with what they were given.

As for "focusssed on nerfing us", it's called rebalancing. Ret will get their turn sooner than later. Until yesterday's holy hotfixes, 80-90% of the top healers in the world were holy paladins. That threw up many many redflags that had to be given attention immediately.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Mage
12/14/2010 2:36 PMPosted by Sov
How is this worth a 5 minute cooldown, again?

CUZ ITS TERRIBLY OP ITS NOTHING COMPARED TO RING OF FROST WHICH ONLY HAS A 2 MINUTE CD
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Retribution's Guardian does more than just stack strength when it's active. Read the damn tooltip.

EDIT: Also, if some of you are getting it up to 30 stacks, the better the Guardian's final move, although the AoE it causes would've been better with the prot Guardian for threat and the ret's final move should've been a single target bomb.

It only stacks to 20, not 30. Also, from what I've seen, the damage is dealt by both the guardian's attacks and AoE explosion are pretty underwhelming for a 5 minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What's the damage like? From the tool tip:

After 12 sec or when your Guardian is killed you will release Ancient Fury. causing 100 damage plus 100 per application of Ancient Power. divided among all targets within 10 yards.

It sounds like it does 2000 damage divided among all targets? It can't be that low..

At 6762 the tooltip says it deals 355 damage plus 355 for each stack of Ancient Power. So it deals 7455 split between all targets. That's not even two Holy Wraths.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
<blockquote data-quote="15361866384"><div>Posted by Palagasi</div>Retribution's Guardian does more than just stack strength when it's active. Read the damn tooltip.

EDIT: Also, if some of you are getting it up to 30 stacks, the better the Guardian's final move, although the AoE it causes would've been better with the prot Guardian for threat and the ret's final move should've been a single target bomb.</blockquote>

I've read the damn tool tip, evidently you haven't since you don't even know how many stacks it is capable of.

As others have pointed out the little explosion it does is laughable, the only real value of this cool down is the strength buff it's supposed to give and since at the moment it's going off base strength it's useless.

Still keeping the bug report thread active, still no reply or addition to the known issues list.

@Soultar thanks for the input in the bug thread, hopefully they'll notice eventually. /sigh
Edited by Cadenbrie on 12/15/2010 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]