Ready to stop complaining about Feral Druids?

85 Tauren Death Knight

Did you notice the OP is a SENIOR SERGEANT?

IDGAF at all, period. Senior Sergeant isn't anything special. I could careless if the dude is a High Warlord because we are playing in Cataclysm where he has ZERO experience. You can't talk about the present when you have no experience in the present.

Should I post on my General Rogue? Will that give me more credibility because I achieved a title from 3-4 years ago?
Edited by Dorkknight on 12/14/2010 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Posted by Volte
30 seconds to live from 1 DoT
what about the rest of the damage?

That's only if it crits EVERY TIME and guess what we don't have the crit rates we did in Wrath.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Did you notice the OP is a SENIOR SERGEANT?

IDGAF at all, period. Senior Sergeant isn't anything special. I could careless if the dude is a High Warlord because we are playing in Cataclysm where he has ZERO experience. You can't talk about the present when you have no experience in the present.

Should I post on my General Rogue? Will that give me more credibility because I achieved a title from 3-4 years ago?

So someone makes a post noting the lack of Achievement Points on this character, and I retort with the fact that he's old-school and I've played with others. Now you are telling me that even the experience I have in Cata -- WHICH IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE'S -- isn't good enough for me to make a point?

Get bent.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/14/2010 9:01 PMPosted by Tailswipe
I love how people argue that resilience fixes their damage, when it affects every specs damage equally.

That's not really a good argument either.

Feral damage is good, but it's not incredibly bursty either.

10k crits are not burst against 100k+ HP.

If people get to just 10% resil, that becomes 9k crits against 100k HP and so on.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
So we've moved from "85 will fix it" ito "85 plus full resilience sets plus HEY LOOK AT THAT CLASS OVER THERE!"?

Nice!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Posted by Pelican
So we've moved from "85 will fix it" ito "85 plus full resilience sets plus HEY LOOK AT THAT CLASS OVER THERE!"?

Nice!

remember s5 dks

it's exactly the same thing
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Oh I remember. I was one. Don't get me wrong it was an absolute blast, but I'm not that great of a PvPer, and I was a god. I've messed around with my druid a bit (Farming toon, 81 from herbs...success!) and I've killed two 85s. They were obviously not PvP types and yadda yadda, but it was pretty silly.

We have several feral druids and they are absolutely laughing about it all right now. One asked a GM if he should drop blues when he dies. It seems most long time/solid Ferals I know are aware they are too powerful, and they are having a blast with it.
Reply Quote
Basically classes or specs keep backing up into a corner throwing out excuses till they have none left.

right now the excuses left are:
people need resil
early in season, wait till 4.1 and bugs are fixed
only matters at high level of play
only matters in tournaments
only matters in top 1% of arena

So they got a couple weeks of this. Heard it all before. nothing new here.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
All cataclysm has done is given me a reason not to listen to anymore "feral druids are fine at 85" from any feral druid. Their damage is still retarded at 85. Resilience might make their damage go down, but it'll make my damage go down by the same amount.

Not only are they unpeelable, but they still do ridiculous damage even if they are peeled. Just dispel their DoTs right? LoL I KID!!!

But what 85 has done is change my list of OP as sh*t need nerfs classes.
Now it goes
Warrior > Feral > DK > frost mage > warlock > everyone else > ret/hunters
it will be obvious after a week or so if the spec needs nerfs or not.

if it does, it does, and i will admit i was wrong in my opinion from watching things in beta. in the matches i played tonight, the damage was extremely high in certain situations, and in others....not quite so much (still considerable though).

i am interested to see how things shake out when people are actually in pvp gear and the rake bug gets fixed.

edit: people do need to get used to the idea of feral being a very high damage spec though. really, no other spec should bring higher sustained single target pressure. whether or not the damage is too high right now is a separate issue, but i get the feeling that most people simply aren't going to be happy with feral being a high pressure spec. honestly i doubt that will change without massive changes to the way the spec works.
Edited by Cihlardr on 12/14/2010 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/14/2010 9:53 PMPosted by Cihlardr
people do need to get used to the idea of feral being a very high damage spec though. really, no other spec should bring higher sustained single target pressure.

I very much enjoy your posts Cihl, but that one is a spilled bottle of crazy pills.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Posted by Janeck
what about the rest of the damage?

What about the rest of your team? Also, enjoy 30k mortal strikes to the face today.

A hundred times, this. Why get so upset about a 30k bleed when several classes can just hit you for 30k in one shot?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/14/2010 10:06 PMPosted by Tailswipe
Why?

12/14/2010 10:12 PMPosted by Brochaidomus
I very much enjoy your posts Cihl, but that one is a spilled bottle of crazy pills.
it should go without saying that sustained damage specs- dot specs- should have higher sustained pressure than those with more burst ability.

feral is unique among the dot specs in that it is unable to do very much spread pressure via multi dotting like affliction and shadow. it stands to reason that it should make up for that with a bit higher single target pressure.

i am not trying to claim feral should just always outdamage people every match or something ridiculous like that, but that the sustained pressure of the spec (damage + control executed properly) has to be very high for it to actually function as a dot spec.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I think some of this is going to be limited by controlling the amount of mastery on pvp gear and different talent coefficients. If the devs know how much dps they want ferals to have in pvp, since the vast majority of damage is bleed damage, they can pretty much dial in whatever they want.

Whenever that happens. I suspect they are more busy add fun stuff and preparing for the holidays instead of parsing pvp fights.

Resilience won't fix it. It effects all classes as equally as it can. There will be variations because of some classes cooldowns become more or less useful based on fight times but it isn't a magic class balance bullet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Scare beast works pretty okay for me.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I read this post, then I logged on, dueled a feral druid, and got ravaged for 25k, feroicious bite for 30k, feral druid dps comes at a SLOW predictable rate? I think not. Fear immunities, Extremely good self healing, Immunity from movement impairing effects and polymorph, powerful snares and stuns, cyclone, lol the list goes on. Feral druids are just TOO good at control, and are just TOO good at damage output. This class specialization officially needs to be nerfed...

Edit: Im lvl 85 with 2 bloodthirsty and 2 of the craftables.
Edited by Hobbess on 12/14/2010 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]