Cross Faction Auction Houses

62 Gnome Warlock
I've noticed that the cross faction auction houses, the ones located in Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, and that one town in Winterspring, don't see much use. I know they're somewhat inconvenient and a bit out of the way, but it seems to me like if everyone used one auction house that prices would be lower and it would be significantly easier to find what you need.

Especially in the way of items like glyphs, where it is nearly impossible to afford immediately when they become available.

Just a thought. I'm also curious to hear if anyone has some insight as to why nobody uses the cross faction auction houses or if anyone else thinks it's a good idea to start using them. What might the repercussions be of using them?

I think we should give it a shot. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Prices won't drop until a few weeks into the expansion. It happens every expansion and the neutral ah is not going to help.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
It still does not defeat the argument that a single auction house is better than the split auction house we have right now. Prices will be more stable and both sides will be able to benefit from it. A lot of servers have uneven number of players; usually favouring one faction only and in this case having a single auction house would ease off some frustration that the opposing faction has to feel.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Sold an item for 2k and got back 1.7k. I wouldn't go for it. Also to boot some people on lvl 1 or w/e alts will stand there and wait for you to place an item up there and they buy it for themselves. It hasn't happened to me because i kill all lowbies standing near the AH just for that sole purpose of not having that happen but it's been told to me numerous times.
Edited by Darkgamí on 6/4/2011 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
You do realize the current neutral ah takes 15% while the normal ah takes 5% cut. Obviously they would take out the 15% cut from the ah if they implement a single ah. It will also allow you transfer gold to your alts on cross faction. I do not see a problem with that because with a single ah the prices will be balanced out anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think it would kill a lot of the gameplay for people starting out a new toon on the opposing faction - we can already mail BOA gear across to make life easier, if we could mail gold as well it would make the game too easy, it's already easy enough to level without BOA as it is.

Then there is also Blizzards point of view. Some customers only play to quest, they reach 85, get bored of one faction after a few toons, do the same and then lose interest. Keeping AH and gold transfer this way makes the amount of money Blizzard makes off these players significantly higher.

Since Blizzard is a company out to turn a profit I doubt they would implement this unless large numbers of players started to leave due to those specific requests not being fulfilled.
Edited by Tzimisce on 9/1/2011 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Back several years and several levels ago I tried to use to use cross faction AH's to post items when I was over stocked on the mats I had gathered but I got tired of getting ganked every time I tried to post anything to sell so quit bothering... Wasn't worth the hassle. I wouldn't mind seeing the sanctuary cities offering cross faction posting but doubt it will happen anytime soon. Otherwise I figure it's not worth having some jerk trying to kill me just so I can put things up to sell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]