Holy Paladin nerfs?

85 Draenei Paladin
They seem to have hotfixed some nerfs for Holy Paladins, my LoD is healing for 1700 per HP instead of 2600, and Tower of Radiance isn't generating HP when used with Holy Light (FoL and DL are still working). Not really excited about the changes.

Ninja Edit: For those of you reading this for the first time, these changes are real, but they shouldn't really affect your ability to run heroics very much-- Pretend Holy Light doesn't exist, and use Divine Light to heal the tank (~15-20% less efficient), but use your free GCD (since 1 DL > 2HL) to either CS the mobs (if it's safe), or judge the mobs. I've found plenty of success with using DL as my primary casted heal. It is however a pretty annoying nerf to LoD in raids, but still doesn't make WoG EVER worth using in an organized raid environment since LoD-beacon will heal the tank more than WoG on the tank.
Edited by Mailius on 12/15/2010 12:18 PM PST
85 Human Priest
I hope they didn't nerf paladin healing... I think most people were hoping for other classes to be brought up to paladin level.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
same here...
90 Human Paladin
These are pretty bad changes if these are intended. Holy Light was only worth casting for Holy Power, previously, so without Tower of Radiance it makes the spell a pretty bad choice with any meaningful damage going out, at all.

The Light of Dawn nerf isn't as bad, although it relegates the spell back to the rear burner unless you can hit 5 targets with it.
90 Undead Priest
I hope they didn't nerf paladin healing... I think most people were hoping for other classes to be brought up to paladin level.
Not me, I am quite happy with the level of healing output and mana efficiency priest has currently. Like I said in another thread, if paladins aren't needing CC on trash and melee to move out of "fire" on bosses to not run out of mana then they need to be brought down. I'd rather people adapt to use CC and play intelligently than turn healing into another simple wack-a-mole game like WotLK made it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If tower of radiance change isn't a bug they must really hate this class cause that kind of cripples your holy power generation.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm about to be on a serious rage right about now. Can confirm that Tower of Radiance is not being proc'd by Holy Light. And LoD hitting for 5.3k at FULL holy power? Seriously?
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm not sure how a 10% difference in healer strength (with GOOD healers, not the terribles who plague these forums) warranted a 30-40%+ nerf in paladin healing on both the tank and raid.

Sigh.

In other words, Tower of Radiance not being normalized with no Tower of Radiance is something myself and many other beta testers warned about long ago. Why they suddenly see the need to fix it now - when the entire last two months of holy paladin balance was based around Tower of Radiance on nearly every cast - is beyond me.
Edited by Eloderung on 12/14/2010 12:04 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I just dont get it. Paladin healing was still stressful in PuG's. I never once said "WOW this is so easy!" while eating bonbons and watching Young and the Restless.

The other healers needed brought up to paladin levels not the other way around.

Holy power was supposedly balanced around gaining it by healing your beaconed target. With your direct mana-spending heals. Not just your "run yourself out of mana" spells.

Not even wanting to think about LoD change. That was a kick in the face after realizing the other change.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard, you ever think maybe you needed to buff the other classes and not nerf this one? My Priest is still about as broken and unfun as it could possibly get.
90 Dwarf Paladin
They seem to have hotfixed some nerfs for Holy Paladins, my LoD is healing for 1700 per HP instead of 2600, and Tower of Radiance isn't generating HP when used with Holy Light (FoL and DL are still working). Not really excited about the changes.

I'm sure glad they told us about this change before hand, instead of doing a major stealth nerf.

So, for my fellow paladins, is it safe just to spec out of Tower of Radiance now? Since it's not a realisticly reliable way to generate holy power?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty stupid nerfs. I knew they would find the dumbest way possible to nerf things. When will they finally just remove beacon and tower of radiance?

Like I said in another thread, if paladins aren't needing CC on trash and melee to move out of "fire" on bosses to not run out of mana then they need to be brought down.

I still needed CC on trash and I couldn't heal melee standing in fire. I seriously doubt that any paladin could.
90 Human Paladin
I'm curious how the "bring the player" is going to work for AoE healing now with paladins. Our "spammable" AoE heal is now either going to cost us either 16000 mana (2 DL's and a HS on the Beacon) every 6 seconds or have an effective 15 second cooldown for a paltry 5k heal on 6 people. Meanwhile, Holy Radiance in a raid setting hitting 25 people is so capped that you'll get maybe a few hundred health a tic on each person. We have no preemptive heals, our Mastery is still pretty terrible, and we have plenty of mana problems with less ways of addressing them because of the "MS yourself for less mana than an innervate" that is Divine Plea.

Something has to give here, unless you want to go back to the "Holy Pally on the tank only" model of healing.
90 Human Paladin
so tower only works on two spells now? Flash of light (which is never used on a tank) and divine light (which is only for heavy damage phases or when the tank sucks... spam it and you go OOM).

Yea... thats worth 3 talent points...
85 Human Priest
I'm not sure how a 10% difference in healer strength (with GOOD healers, not the terribles who plague these forums) warranted a 30-40%+ nerf in paladin healing on both the tank and raid.

Sigh.

In other words, Tower of Radiance not being normalized with no Tower of Radiance is something myself and many other beta testers warned about long ago. Why they suddenly see the need to fix it now - when the entire last two months of holy paladin balance was based around Tower of Radiance on nearly every cast - is beyond me.

I think I read that good healers will adapt. Also, I am sure it's an issue of gear... that will make it better.

Now paladins can experience all the fun that the other healers have been told they are having! If you have a problem in your groups or raid, you should probably find better people or tell them how to play.

Did that cover all the bases? Oh yes, if you can't do it, try using more efficient spells and figuring out how you can play better instead of blaming your personal failure on the new healing model. (I almost forgot that one).

-In all seriousness.. I am sad they nerfed paladins. Despite the paladin attitude posts, I would have liked others brought up to their level.
Edited by Vidomina on 12/14/2010 12:18 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
^^this
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]