Holy Paladin nerfs?

85 Human Paladin
I think I wrote before, I would trade raiance back for having Holy Light gen Holy Power again. They can keep the thing, or change it to increase healing recieved by anyone affect by my aura. That would make the other healers happy, and classes as they're own self healing would increase.

Reducing the cool down on holy shock would be good to, especially if it scalled with haste. I read that above somewhere.
85 Night Elf Druid
Im gonna try not to lol at this. Considering the flak us Druids get for our complaints from mostly priests and paladins.

At least you Paladins keep organized with a 127 page complaint form over our messy multitudes of Druid complaints.

Cant wait to see what happens if/when Priests get nerfs.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/05/2011 4:01 PMPosted by Ryllandaras

Expect 127 individual threads about how their class is now broken and the game is unplayable.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins and priests are the two best raid healers at the moment. Stop claiming that holy is a broken spec or healing sucks and start playing better. Use addons to track cooldowns and procs, stop spamming Holy Radiance, Flash of Light, or Divine Light because you will go oom, and communicate with the other healers when you plan to regen.

You need more Holy Power? Start learning to use Crusader Strike more often.

Still need more Holy Power? Spec into Blessed Life, you have been grossly misinformed about this fantastic talent. MANY, if not all of the raid bosses will hit you for damage and it WILL proc all the time, the description is completely misleading.

Need even more Holy Power? Holy Shock every time it's on cooldown.

STILL NEED MORE HOLY POWER?! Toss a quick Flash of Light or Divine Light on your beacon.

This thread is embarrassing. Paladins are not broke and healing is fine. This isn't a one button class anymore like Wrath, either you get it or you don't, but to say that Holy Paladins are broken is just laughable.

Please Blizzard, do not cave in! Healing is fine, and you guys did a fantastic job at changing the play-style from Wrath. It is so refreshing to actually be challenged again during raid.
Edited by Judgenasty on 1/6/2011 10:58 AM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
lock thread please?
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy is fine.
85 Draenei Paladin
In fact, we're pretty damn good!
Edited by Evaal on 1/8/2011 11:25 PM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
*double post*
Edited by Evaal on 1/8/2011 11:25 PM PST
85 Draenei Paladin

12/15/2010 2:51 PMPosted by Zarhym
Holy paladins can generate Holy Power through a number of mechanics: using Holy Shock is intended to be the main one. They can also take damage through Blessed Life or heal a Beaconed target with Flash of Light or Divine Light.

Hey,

So I am semi-disgruntled by this nerf on Tower of Radiance, but like I still manage. I know my class all too well, and am usually thanked in Heroics for being a great healer.

One thing that I find just a bit... Naive is that you want us to rely on getting hit to gain HP. Sure, its a cleaver idea: Tank dies/sucks and aggro goes crazy and your the next one cause of your legit heals. Your getting hit and you keep yourself alive to run away.. Sure

Now notice: Tank dies/sucks .
Are you implying that we need to assume that the Tank will be horrible? With that logic I might as well go into tier 2 of Prot tree and grab toughness. We heal, we don't dps, we don't tank.

Another thing, our Mastery. Sure, it sounds like a fantastic idea on paper, but it isn't that great in reality...
We are like terrible disc Priests. Our bubbles created don't hold for alot (mine range from 4-6k damage absorbed) and in instances of many adds or truck-hitting bosses, its ineffective. Looking at the other classes, we have Resto Shaman's mastery which gives 20% more on direct heals, we have the Holy Priest's mastery which leaves a HoT.

I wouldn't nessesarily say that we need to have the ol' Tower of Radiance pre-nerf, but atleast another HP gaining way other than by fail tanks. And give us a Mastery that is beneficial to us..

Thanks

/end rant
85 Undead Priest
01/05/2011 4:01 PMPosted by Ryllandaras
Im gonna try not to lol at this. Considering the flak us Druids get for our complaints from mostly priests and paladins.

At least you Paladins keep organized with a 127 page complaint form over our messy multitudes of Druid complaints.

A major reason the complaints are in one spot is that there is a blue post in this thread.
90 Undead Rogue
I run with some paladin healer who is high all the time and does amazing healing, so that tells me enough about them to wish for a nerf. Either make all other classes equal to them or bring them down to our level :)
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy is still too powerful, where's the risk of losing mana? Is it just bad balancing that Paladins became exempt from the new healing model?
90 Human Paladin
Well, its been a couple weeks since the "nerf" and I finally have my verdict on the whole situation.

Really the nerf did nothing but make my heal style more linear, now all I notice is that I cast holy light a lot less than I used to. Does it make me less mana efficient, nope, not at all.

I haven't had these huge mana problems people talk about all the time. We have tons of ways to regen mana and if you are casting judgments and using a spirit elixir or flask you won't have many issues at all.

I know I'll catch some flame for this post but honestly the healing doesn't feel all that different to me in raid settings or in heroics. So when cata started I enjoyed the new heal style because it made it feel like "white damage" holy lights built up a "bigger hitting" WoG. Now the healing isn't un-situational by any means, i'm not going to cast divine light on everyone all the time, i'm just saying in a raid group, I almost never cast holy light (which was supposed to be our most used heal). Whereas before the nerf I would cast it a lot.

On the up side it seems that most other healing classes are getting nice little buffs, so looking forward to that.
90 Human Paladin
Just saying, there are a lot of smart healers out there and if they are healing correctly they are probably playing very similar to me and understand what I'm saying about the lack of usefulness in holy light. Holy light was supposed to be our "white damage" and in reality with such a sad cast time it only really sees any use from me during divine favor.
Edited by Benadorant on 1/10/2011 2:25 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Spot on... the comments above are stupid
90 Troll Druid
I see paladins being quite unbalances as to say a druid or a priest....druids can lifebloom a tank and let it tick for a crit of 33k overall, a priest can get a double hot if they are holy on a tank, and paladins...well i guess we can use our 2.5sec cast and let him die cause spamming divine light or flash of light will make us go oom reguardless of the amount of spirit on our gear....plus they have a way to regen mana without decreasing heals....i mean come on blizz give pallys some sort of spell like shadow fiend, hymn of hope, mana tide totem, or innervate if you are taking away holy power generation.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Drduid
I see paladins being quite unbalances as to say a druid or a priest....druids can lifebloom a tank and let it tick for a crit of 33k overall, a priest can get a double hot if they are holy on a tank, and paladins...well i guess we can use our 2.5sec cast and let him die cause spamming divine light or flash of light will make us go oom reguardless of the amount of spirit on our gear....plus they have a way to regen mana without decreasing heals....i mean come on blizz give pallys some sort of spell like shadow fiend, hymn of hope, mana tide totem, or innervate if you are taking away holy power generation.

You mean like seal of insight? O_o
85 Draenei Paladin

what?

seriously...are people really this ignorant?

Only thing bad about Holy Pallies are the bad DPS we sometimes have to group with.

That and as someone above mentioned, Holy Light is left mostly unused (yawn). Holy Shock about triples the number of casts of the next most used heal in a typical Heroic 5man.

Also please make Glyph of Word of Glory better ;p
Edited by Sigirl on 1/12/2011 1:21 PM PST
85 Orc Hunter
Paladins are still OP. If any healers should be complaining about sucking it should be resto druids. Even then, I have seen resto druids who play their class and heal fine through heroics/raids.
90 Draenei Paladin
Personally I say blizz should drop all the crap grp heals and bring them back to tank heals only what raid in there right mind is gonna bring a Holy pally into a raid to raid heal with these spells. My Holy spec has a 7k gs and its still difficult to do Grim Batol reg I dont have enough haste for HL to be at all useful and now with the tower of radiance nurf you go oom at the end of every fight. The most efficent way I can heal is to spam HS for Holy Power. SO yea IM playing my Priest and leaving my Pally to tanking SIGH what a disappointment
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]