Holy Paladin nerfs?

90 Draenei Paladin
Nikkita do you really think watching the CD of judgement with Seal of Inight at all compairs to the mana regain spells Drdruid mentioned common
93 Dwarf Paladin
I think the op has to think about how the player base will react to the turle effect in pvp
85 Human Paladin
Maybe change the text in the talent tree? Doing work halfway is sloppy.
100 Human Paladin
As a holy paladin who started in wotlk and was only just learning the new spells skills having my main mechanic of holy power generation ie tower of radiance and holy light being revoked had a major negative effect on my progression and usefulness in dungeons just because a few elitest groups were abusing a mechanic you allowed , other less experienced players like myself were nearly floored by the changes i have had a problem with mana conservation since cata was released which was only exacerbated by the nerf to such a degree that i was made useless and endured ridicule and derision from tanks and party members so that i stopped doing heroics for over 3 weeks instead spending my time lvling professions. I have since restarted heroics and am venturing into raiding where i am finding every healer class except pallies maintaining mana quite well wheras i go oom around 3 minutes into the fight even while using judgement divine plea and my trinkets on cooldown the speed of divine judgement vs the cost and gain of it makes it the only choice in certain raids due to the shear dmg taken by tanks in the opening minutes of these new raids my mana pool is 100k and my regen is around 2300 while casting so i use alot of mana really quickly and when i try lesser heals the tanks die or try quicker heals i run out of mana quicker the effect of your nerf to pallies wont affect those who were abusing the mechanic as they are knowledgable enough to find ways around it but you will probably stop new pallies from rolling heals due to the increased difficulty
85 Human Paladin
Personally I say blizz should drop all the crap grp heals and bring them back to tank heals only what raid in there right mind is gonna bring a Holy pally into a raid to raid heal with these spells. My Holy spec has a 7k gs and its still difficult to do Grim Batol reg I dont have enough haste for HL to be at all useful and now with the tower of radiance nurf you go oom at the end of every fight. The most efficent way I can heal is to spam HS for Holy Power. SO yea IM playing my Priest and leaving my Pally to tanking SIGH what a disappointment

/blink
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If u cant heal on a hpally dont expect to be able to on any other class. judge more qq less
85 Tauren Warrior
A blue responding to paladin QQ? Why that's just unheard of

Poor shammies.
85 Tauren Druid
12/14/2010 1:20 PMPosted by Seladrys
I'm pretty sure all of us expected them to start out by fixing the bugs that were benefiting our spec by an unknown amount then seeing what happened instead of skipping to step 3: nerf the fun of the class rather than just the healing.

Yes it is sad to see you guys get hit by the nerf axe. Sadly you must experience the loss of fun in your healing class we druids felt when our tree form was put to the nerf axe (for those of us who enjoyed ToL form full time). It was only a matter of time that it would find its way to you since there is no more wood for it to chew. A buff to other the other healing classes was called for, but it seems its easier to take than to give.
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote="15315855311"] A buff to other the other healing classes was called for, but it seems its easier to take than to give.

if one is thriving while the other 3 are hurting, painfully, then that calls for a "give." But if 3 are thriving with challenges to overcome and 1 is thriving with ease regardless of the challenge then, unfortunately, you gotta "take." :(
100 Night Elf Druid
12/15/2010 11:04 AMPosted by Nethaera
It is intended that Protector of the Innocent and Light of Dawn transfer healing through Beacon of Light.

Paladins
Beacon of Light no longer triggers from Light of Dawn.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? Is it intended or is it not?
85 Human Paladin
02/12/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Kittybabies
It is intended that Protector of the Innocent and Light of Dawn transfer healing through Beacon of Light.

Paladins

Tells me no one at blizz cares or knows whats going on.

the blue admins are just the scapgoat for all the flak,they really dont know whats going on.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah they changed there minds, now buff my god damn light of dawn back to 40% or give us back lod transfer not cool blizzard!!!! :{
85 Draenei Shaman

Paladins

So Blizzard changes its mind about something after months of internal testing, whats the problem?

Tells me no one at blizz cares or knows whats going on.

the blue admins are just the scapgoat for all the flak,they really dont know whats going on.

I think you guys should simply be thankful that blue even responds to you, apparently no amount of shaman information gets us anywhere.
Edited by Ashaar on 2/12/2011 10:45 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
So Blizzard changes its mind about something after months of internal testing, whats the problem?

I think you guys should simply be thankful that blue even responds to you, apparently no amount of shaman information gets us anywhere.

While I do feel sorry for the current state of resto shamans, this is not an appropriate place to discuss your displeasure with your class. This discussion is about holy paladins and their related changes/hotfixes. If you feel like discussing the state of resto shamans, please go make another thread.

As per your original comment, this seems extremely heavy handed. Let's analyse this change.

Assume your LoD heals for 5k per hit (round numbers are nice). If you hit 5 targets (tank included), your total healing is 25k. Now, before this change, it would also bounce 10k additional healing to the tank (4 targets*5k healing*50% beacon). So, in this situation, this effectively nerfs LoD's healing by 29% (25k/35k).

If paladins were really this far ahead of other healers, there certainly should have been other ways of adjusting the numbers instead of breaking a core component of a spell that was working as intended, especially after the recent nerf to WitL (counter-balanced of course by the fix to conviction).
85 Blood Elf Paladin
@Kittybabies

This was something that needed to be done for a long time. LoD Beacon transfer was such an unintuitive and awkward design that, up until the post you quoted from Neth, everyone thought it was a *bug*. It made no sense. Light of Dawn is a raid heal. Not a tank heal that splashes a tiny bit of healing around.

Don't worry too much about it. They'll see that Light of Dawn is too weak now, and they will likely return it closer to the original output. It will likely end up somewhere around the effectiveness of Circle of Healing.

LoD -> Beacon transfer was a broken mechanic. Everyone knew it. That's why people were so surprised when they nerfed the output of LoD instead of removing this obvious bug.
85 Dwarf Paladin
So in other words, all you Paladins that are saying the sky is falling.....chill out!!!!!!!!!!! Take a deep breath, calm down a little, and learn to adapt like the other healers have had to do.

nahh it only solidifies that pallys are now officially tank heals just like blizz want them to be and that blizz has no idea whats the difference between a tier 7 or a tier 5 talent honestly if you see a talent that adds remove magic to cleanse you wont think twice not to get it now we see a tier 7 skill that heals like 7k at 3 holy power provided of course that this isn't cataclysm and we don't need to run around alot and scatter and pray you hit everyone in a 30yrd cone.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]