Holy Paladin nerfs?

85 Human Priest
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d16xlusk1rf76ete/sum/healingDone/?enc=bosses

Paladins were far, far more "overpowered" in WotLK than now.

Gotta love it when blizzard balances off of forum QQ by people who try to heal heroics two minutes after hitting 85 with no CC, undergeared dps/tanks, no strategy, and no gems/enchants.

Well, if they were OP they should have been fixed then, but better late than never. Past OPdness is no excuse for current imbalance.

They might address the POTI bug, as well.

Blizzard has said they don't balance off QQ... so the most constructive use of time is probably figuring out how to adapt to the changes, and just be happy you enjoyed the previous high level of power.
90 Draenei Shaman
Paladins needed nerfs. Something like 95% of WOL parses were paly...

You might have disagreed with how they nerfed you, but you can't honestly say this was a surprise or uneeded.
100 Troll Druid
I love how paladins are now QQing about it. I've been looking at the healing forums and all the complaints were from EVERY healer that wasn't a Paladin, they even were telling us to learn how to play and that "healing was fine".

I have completed every heroic as a resto druid, and was thinking about raiding but after reading these forums about holy paladins dominating healing and not even going near OOM kinda discouraged me about it. Lets see how it works now, they needed the nerf.
Edited by Swel on 12/14/2010 1:01 PM PST
@Jynus:
A stealth nerf that changes our entire way of healing isn't the right way to fix things. At this point, we don't even know if we're still viable because no one has any numbers, whereas at least everyone else knows they're viable if played right and had plenty of data from beta to learn in advance how it would be. Now we've been flip-flopped with no warning at all and don't even know if it's for keeps. Sure, we knew a nerf might come, but when you hear "hotfix" you don't generally think of something that changes the flavor of the entire class.
85 Tauren Druid
Swel is right, everyother class is QQing about OOM whle Pallys sit pretty with full mana. Hope this levels the playing field.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The worst part about it is that some of us have been spending our time gearing up our holy spec and then this (shamefully unannounced) nerf hits and its like... well, i just wasted all those JPs and passed on all that tank/dps gear for nothing... time to rewind the past week and start from scratch with a different spec.

Now I'm sure pally's will have no trouble adapting and healing with the ToR nerf. I personally, however, have no desire to do so. Its a sharp needle that has just burst the bubble of fun that I've been living in for the past few days. I'm don't think upsetting your players is a wise move, but part of me is grateful that I no longer have the desire to log in and waste half a day away playing this game.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Doesn't look like LoD has a target cap anymore.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The LoD change is one thing and perhaps it was necessary, the change to ToR, however, is absolutely ridiculous. This better be a bug.
85 Worgen Druid
All healers should have expected changes within the first few weeks of the Cataclysm launch. And all of us should expect many more over the coming months. This new heal philosophy is a huge change and will take a lot of tweaking to correct. To expect Blizzard to have hit the nail on the head on the first try is foolish. In addition to additional healer changes, I fully expect to see the cataclysm heroics nerfed. Certainly not back to WOTLK style easymode dungeons, but maybe to a level where a normal LFD group can be successful.
85 Human Priest
Something less drastic, like tweaking the percentage on HL proccing HP (maybe something like a 50% chance) would have been a better first step.

Not gutting our HP generation.

Well it would have nice if the changes were less drastic for everyone lol.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think a lot of the posts are not happy about paladins being nerfed... but at the irony of the preponderance of paladin dismissive posts and now the reaction to a leveling of the playing field.

It's easy to say everything is great when you're on top. The smugness was a bit annoying, although- admittedly, the nerfing of paladins really doesn't bode well for anyone.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]