Heroic Dungeon Healing Strats

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
Very useful thread, I really appreciate all the encounter specific tips as I'm transitioning to heroics.

One more general tip that's helped me: If a mechanic in a pull is giving you trouble there are three places you should look. Debuffs on players and spell casts are obvious, but the third is something Blizzard hasn't used very much in the past - offensively dispellable self buffs on enemy mobs. Blizzard is using this mechanic much more than they used to and I've started to watch for it. Buffs on mobs are responsible for the nasty AoE damage by the big guys in HoO and the static pulls in the ToT gauntlet, among others.
85 Draenei Shaman
Excellent Post - Very helpful, this really should get stickied so it doesn't get lost :D I've already bookmarked it myself to refer to later.

Thanks!
85 Draenei Shaman
12/18/2010 3:51 AMPosted by Aschiera
the third is something Blizzard hasn't used very much in the past - offensively dispellable self buffs on enemy mobs. Blizzard is using this mechanic much more than they used to and I've started to watch for it. Buffs on mobs are responsible for the nasty AoE damage by the big guys in HoO and the static pulls in the ToT gauntlet, among others.

I didn't even think about this - awesome tip :D I guess it's time for me to dust off my ol' purge button :D
90 Worgen Druid
Nice to see, i will have to keep this as a bookmark and review it. Thanks. nice to see a post thats not qq.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, it made "Popular Topics" on the home page, but still no sticky.
85 Goblin Shaman
Fantastic Posts!
Exactly what I was looking for.

/Goblin_Hugs
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
100 Blood Elf Priest
I cant find a way to report this for sticky and I see it has already been reported so please STICKY
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
100 Tauren Druid
I haven't been in heroics yet, but this is a great post. Thank you!
85 Troll Druid
Slabhide

A whole lot of "don't stand in that" in this fight. Hide behind the pillars when he flies up and starts shooting shards.

Everyone is going to take a few ticks of something here and there so there's a lot of party damage. Just keep them at about 60%.

If the party does what they're supposed to do, the only person that should take any damage is the tank.
85 Goblin Priest
Didn't read the entire thread but you may want to mention that the Temple Runecasters in Halls of Origination also have an extremely hard hitting Runic Cleave and the Temple Fireshapers also have a Meteor to look out for.

Man I feel for the melee on those pulls.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lockmaw & Augh
Phase 1:
Randomly someone gets targetted by a debuff that makes crocs be attracted to them. Just keep them healed up. The tank can and should taunt them off of the person. Augh runs in and whirlwinds. Just get away from him.
Cleanse the poisons if you can and don't stand in any dust clouds.
Phase 2:
Augh attacks. Very easy fight. Just avoid the whirlwind and heal people that get blowdarted

I'm not sure I agree with this tip. I have experienced the tank taking too much damage to heal through as a result of the stacking bleed affect from the baby crocs. On our successful kill we had the crocs aggro to me (healer) and aoe them down at first. After the adds became too much we resorted to kiting them around.
Excellent. Thank you.

I'll add something rather than a simple bump :-)

When Valiona (Drahga Shadowburner's drake in Grim Batal) cast's Valiona's Flame (the frontal-cone shadow-damage DOT-breath), I like to have the whole party attacking point blank. You never know which way she will turn to cast, you can't out-run it because of it's range, so IMHO your best bet is to side step it by running past her. When you get to her belly, you are no longer in the cone and she doesn't have a tail swipe.
Edited by Zuidam on 12/22/2010 12:04 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
I think dancing with the dps on Corla's beams is a bit unnecesasry. I always just get out of the beam at 88 stacks or so and then hop back in when it wears off. 2 other dps do the same in the other 2 beams and the 3rd dps runs into a beam if people miss the fear interrupt. Works pretty smooth, but hey, theres many ways to do everything! :)
90 Troll Priest
bump
40 Night Elf Mage
Thanks a bunch. Bump
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]