Heroic Dungeon Healing Strats

(Locked)

100 Human Priest
You can just melee the boss to get the melee DoT.
85 Draenei Paladin
I just wanna say thank you also. :)

I just came back after quitting for almost 2 years and obviously these whole changes in the paladin heal strategy made me confused as hell. Now I can actually understand how things work and be prepared for what will happen.

Thanks a lot for spending your time doing this.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
in H HoO on Setesh the strat i find most successful is to have a melee pick up boss after he casts the first portal tank grabs all adds coming out of it and the other dps burns all adds if its up long enough to spawn a void it must be killed fast to free the person in the bubble as the bubble is a channeled spell after the portal is down all go back to boss till next portal rinse and repeat
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Giefu
Great guide but did not answer the question I had.

What do holy paladins use to dot Ozruk in Stonecore?

I found the fight very difficult to heal since I was paralyzed longer than the dps when I stayed at range.

Judgement will get you the bleed effect without having to be in melee.
85 Human Priest
12/15/2010 9:07 PMPosted by Melkar
For the Crystalspawn Giants, the trick is just to jump as it finishes casting earthquake. Best to jump at 80% actually 'cause of lag. I know that works from range, not sure if it's different in melee range.

If you're a priest, cast levitate on everyone except the tank to avoid the quake damage. As a tank, I've been able to avoid damage from quake by jumping at around 75% casting.

Levitate is also good for those mobs that throw you up in the air and then start pounding on the ground for aoe damage as you land. Levitate helps you avoid that damage.
85 Worgen Druid
Nice thread....I feel you guys on the rate of QQ....if you learn your class and time your heals its all good. But i had to copy and paste these notes for when i start on heros...already implanting them in norms with great success!!
90 Human Priest
12/14/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Amaranth
Wow, something that isn't QQ on the healer forums? Thanks for this! Was wondering if you had any advice for the first trash pull in HoO. Tank and melee just seem to get messed up and no amount of healing can save them (pretty much ooming after a few casts since the damage is so intense). Even with 2 CC'ers it's very difficult.

Cant remember the mobs names off the top of my head but theres 2 of them you need to worry about. First I think is called a runecaster, he debuffs the healer, making it hard to cast somehow. He needs to be CC'd. Second is the big guy in the back. About 10-15 seconds into the fight he buffs himself and you need a purge or spellsteal to take it away or he does a lot more damage. For cc, do the runecaster and the archer type but even then it needs to be an los pull. Make sure the dps and you are out of the line of sight of these mobs or the big guy will just stand in place and start casting on anyone he can see.
Edited by Sandraberry on 1/18/2011 4:49 AM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
I dont know if anyone wrote this, but one quick correction, for lord walden there is 2 debuffs. One is the green(green light) in which you run around or die a painful death. The 2nd is a red debuff(red light) where you want to stand still, Ive noticed he does this maybe once a fight but still can mess you up if you arent paying attention. For commander, get a hunter or rogue to misdirect to tank and run to courtyard where dps should be waiting. The lack of adds make the this fight a lot easier to heal through.

For ozumat, if you have a bubble ability use it for high stacks in phase 3 as this 'cleanses' you of stacks and effectively doubles the time you can stay up and keep your tank up. I know divine shield and HoP work, not sure of anything else.
85 Draenei Paladin
For the giants in SC, tell you dps/tank to jump on quake, and for dps to try and kill shard that he throws out, it does a hefty hit on explosion, and leaves an annoying dmg debuff on whomever it explodes on.
85 Troll Shaman
RAW
CC'ing isn't just about turning the trash into sheeps, frogs, turtles or ice cubes but about getting the interrupts. Getting most of the interrupts will save mana and time. If I'm pugging, I'll call people out who can but don't interrupt. And yes, I do interrupt myself.

As far as guild runs, don't succumb to "invite me" and build a group that will make it harder than it has to be. It's much easier and much less stress to go with a group that has some ability to cc and interrupt.
85 Night Elf Priest
:) I wood of quit The heroic dungeons if i hadnt read your Healing strats . Thanks for a easy to understand forum
85 Worgen Priest
thumbs up thanks so much for this. it helps out a lot.
Edited by Alorienn on 1/19/2011 12:41 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
I love you for this.
I have the hardest time healing on my druid. This will probably help me. Although, my main trouble is managing mana.
85 Tauren Paladin
OK, I am very frustrated!!! I've gone from being called "Epic Heals", to calling myself "Fail Heals" before anyone bothers to mention it!! I go OOM so fast, it makes me want to vomit on my keyboard!

I've geared up in all plate, being the pally that I am. Should I mix and match with cloth, leather, chain and plate for maximum Intellect/Mana? The 5% bonus for all plate sure isn't doing the trick with the gear at hand. I'm out of quests, so am having to rep farm (which takes ages, of course) in reg dungeons.

It's extremely frustrating, and I am at a loss. I tell my guildies it's going to be a long time before I even attempt another heroic, which is horribly embarassing.
I have no problem healing in dungeons unless people stand in the fire....It is rarely but it takes all of my mana to heal 1 guy from 30% to 80% and i just heal tank and area of affect heal if needed.But people still get killed and i use Clearcasting then regrowth on a non tank if there very low but it takes all my mana.
87 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2011 5:36 AMPosted by Orgazmoo
OK, I am very frustrated!!! I've gone from being called "Epic Heals", to calling myself "Fail Heals" before anyone bothers to mention it!! I go OOM so fast, it makes me want to vomit on my keyboard!

I've geared up in all plate, being the pally that I am. Should I mix and match with cloth, leather, chain and plate for maximum Intellect/Mana? The 5% bonus for all plate sure isn't doing the trick with the gear at hand. I'm out of quests, so am having to rep farm (which takes ages, of course) in reg dungeons.

It's extremely frustrating, and I am at a loss. I tell my guildies it's going to be a long time before I even attempt another heroic, which is horribly embarassing.
Try to use less spells. If you use and addon like Vuhdo, set people to irrelevant above 70% health. Having 1 HP is perfectly fine so long as the boss has 0, even if others tell you differently.

Might not make you feel epic, but at least you finished it. Try only use Holy Shock/Holy Light for most of the fights. You don't always have to be casting something.

Make sure you're judging the boss every 8 to 10~ seconds, and if you have to, run up and melee. It's a bit more annoying for trash, but don't be afraid to use CDs. I still have to pop GoAT on some trash pulls or if the tank pulls too many mobs.
85 Goblin Shaman
Very informative thread, keep up the good work
85 Human Priest
i would like to to turn this char into a raid/heroic healer any tips on a good disc rotation?
85 Draenei Paladin
12/14/2010 2:08 PMPosted by Zi
Feel free to correct me or comment. Thanks!

Just saying on "Forgemaster Throngus" When he does his sword phase.. there is a debuff you need to dispel asap.. or it will eat the tank.
85 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2010 4:45 PMPosted by Psirko
Dumb question, but on Ozruk in Stonecore I've had a hell of a time on my resto druid getting a DoT to break out of the stun from range. I've tried Wrath and Moonfire and both failed at reflecting (might be a hit cap issue?). I've given up to just using melee with my slow staff and running in and out. Is there any trick to doing it easier from range?

It could be a hit problem, but also one thing I noticed when my flame shocks were not getting reflected is that that the buff only has a 20% chance to reflect the spells(if i remember right. I do know that it was a % chance). We were looking and told the dps to watch out for the shield and not use a skill that would reflect. After that I was still having some problems getting it reflected but I noticed that it was on the boss. That is when I actually looked at the buff itself. Hope this helps.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]