Post Nerf LoD still better then WoG

37 Blood Elf Warlock
Its true.

By paladin's LoD is hitting for about 1400 and change, with WoG being about 3600-3800, all per holy power. So? Well, a 6 target LoD will be ~1400*6= 8,400, transfered through beacon for 4,200...

LoD at its maximum power is still a larger tank heal then maximum power WoG. Way to absolutley fail at design. The Tower change was bad because it devaules HL, and the LoD change was bad because it did nothing except lower maximum raid HPS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the point of the nerf was to stop it from being able to be cast every 4 seconds for free. Now its every 18 seconds off shocks, or every few seconds while spamming retardly expensive spells. So shut up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Use CS; cast HL and hope for daybreak procs.

Basically you have to just keep HP saved until you need it. Its a crutch now; not a standard.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's also still better to spam the tank (now with divine light) and use light of dawn, then it is to actually target raid members to give them healing.

Since Light of Dawn still transfer to the beacon this is great for tank healing. Guess we will just have to stack mana regen and judge on cooldown to be able to sustain spamming an expensive heal.

I can't believe I actually though Cataclysm was gonna be different than WoTLK.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
Some math for those who are interested, note that this might have the wrong stacking of healing mods, I forgot if I updated this part of my spreadsheet.

Pure DL SPAM on beacon, no ToR
~10,000 HPS
~3.04 HPM

DL SPAM off Beacon:
~15,000 HPS
~5,000 HPS Beacon
~10,000 HPS Raid
~4.56 HPM

DL SPAM ToR (note that the reduction of LoD makes using HS in this rotation less HPS for higher HPM)
~13,000 HPS
~10,000 HPS Beacon (
~3,000 HPS Raid
~4.71 HPM

DL+HS SPAM ToR
~12,500 HPS
~8500 HPS Beacon
~4000 HPS Raid
~5.36 HPM

HS+DL Rotation, No ToR
~14,300 HPS
(breakdown n/a)
~5.11 HPM

Do you guys see the absurdity of this? Tower of radiance is now a loss of HPS.

For giggles. Renew spam with similar stats is:
~15,800 HPS
~5.41 HPM
~1200 HPS per target
Edited by Faelyne on 12/14/2010 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
Can we get clarification that LoD is intended to be a better a tank heal then WoG still? Or should we anticipate more unananouced changes in the future?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Until they start reading the feedback that says, "Light of Dawn transfers to the beacon target" I'm pretty sure there will be more unannounced changes. Since they apparently don't read feedback from holy paladins, we can only hope they will stumble upon the problem on their own sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
There are so many things wrong with paladins mechanically right now its a joke. I thought they were going to get rid of the "increases X by Y%" talents, and yet we have a massive 30% one that is required to make Holy Shock not terrible...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 5:18 PMPosted by Wasselin
Until they start reading the feedback that says, "Light of Dawn transfers to the beacon target" I'm pretty sure there will be more unannounced changes. Since they apparently don't read feedback from holy paladins, we can only hope they will stumble upon the problem on their own sooner rather than later.

I doubt it. The LoD -> BoL bug has been reported and talked about on the forums since Beta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They messed up.

The people at the top saw people complaining

The devs were like theres bugs that need a patch that wont be ready till next week

The top people were like do what you can

That happened to be removal of HL from ToR

grats top level leadership on not letting devs do their job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]