You must be joking.. Pally Changes..

85 Blood Elf Paladin

We were seeing a strategy develop where paladins would cast Holy Light on a Beaconed tank, and then cast Light of Dawn on the raid (and use very few other spells).

So, you tell us Holy Light is supposed to be our go to heal.. Flash and Divine are supposed to be situational.. This is why the ungodly Mana costs were justified.. And now.. you're forcing us to use the situational spells to generate Holy Power, which by design is now a staple in our healing. Flash and Divine, combined with Holy Radiance which are 3 spells used quite often if you have a clue how to heal.. Holy Light was supposed to be our most used heal.. now I'm not sure anymore.

Make up our minds would ya.. Learning to play my class over again every other day is getting old.

Light of Dawn was adjusted because it was completely eclipsing Word of Glory. We lowered the healing of Word of Glory late in development, but also redesigned Light of Dawn. They had fallen out of sync, and Light of Dawn was just too good.

Maybe you should consider the fact that there is More AOE damage than there is single target...this is quite possibly due to bad players, however its there. Could possibly be why the AOE heal was eclipsing the Single Target heal...
Pallys are not raid healers, but when doing heroics, we at least had LOD and HR to fall on when people did stupid things and large amounts of AOE heals were needed. Now, LOD feels like a waste of a GCD and holy power, and as everyone knows.. Single target healing everyone up to a reasonable amount kills your MP.

All I know.. I'm feeling like Vanilla Pallys are making a comeback..
Welcome back to the world of buffbot..

/rant continued

I find it ridiculous that we're having to find out we got our healing hacked n slashed after we enter a random heroic and wonder wtf is going on.

When you decide to make a nerf, without using the same wisdom you're pushing onto us (give it time and see what happens) at least have the common curtiousy to list it on your hotfix pages. We have enough political sneaky shady BS to deal with IRL, we don't need you guys trying to sneak stuff in hoping we won't /rage when we read it.

You want .. no expect us to wait wait wait for you when the community feels a buff may be in order, using the excuse that we're not geared or havent given it time to settle in. But you in your all mighty (sarcasm here) wisdom see fit to make snap judgement calls on something that may or may not pose a problem in some unforseeable future realm of possibilites.
Edited by Baggerz on 12/14/2010 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^this
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It has nothing to do with rotation or no rotations, and not being a Pally Healer I wouldn't expect you to understand. The issue here is that they made these changes and failed to include them in the hotfix notes. Almost as if they were trying to se if they could changes things and hope we wouldn't notice before we got used to them.

The real issues are that Divine Light and Flash of Light were intended to be situational spells, used in times of clutch healing, or in need of Large healing, but not for regular use.
Divine Light costs 5k, Flash 4.5, and Holy is only 1.5k. Respectivly they will heal for 22k+, 15-17k, and 8-10k per cast on non crits.

Now when you think about the damage being taken in heroics, using holy light is no more than a bandaid effect for the incoming damage, with the now defunct bonus of getting a single holy power. In a near perfect situation only the tank was taking any damage, so we could heal as Blizzard had intended by casting 3x holy light followed by a WOG. And in the case of random AOE dmg, we had LOD to fallback on.

Now it would seem that since some random LOD spam (don't see how this happened) we're now having our one useful AOE direct heal cut practically in half. It now feels like a waste of HP to use this..

A more correct fix of this issue would have been to revert it back to its original design and have it cost MP to cast with a CD. This would not have hindered our ability to use our mana efficent heal as they wanted us to, while gaining the valuable HP for WOG.

Edited by Baggerz on 12/14/2010 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
After I learned I would be spamming holy light again I died a little inside. Good change, holy light combo was too op and pretty robotic.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think what really set me off the most about this change was the lack of information.

The only thing you Devs do here on the forums is tell us to Wait and See, Get Better Gear, or see how things progress with our spells and rotations. Yet, you will perform a snap nerf quicker than greased lightning, and not even wait and see yourselves.

What I have to say to this is either lead by example, or stop reguritating the same broken lines to the community. If you expect us to eat every line you're feeding, then realize that we're not all morons and can handle the information we request.

If something is broken.. hey guess what, come to the forums and let us know.
I'd be greatly appreciative if I saw one you actually post a thread with some information more useful than some quest rewards stats have been tweaked.

Neth, Make a Post.. Pally Healing being looked into.. Details inside.
You have no idea how many people would actually respect that, instead of bashing on you for sneaking crap in.
Edited by Baggerz on 12/14/2010 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
so you want them to just buff all healers to pally status? did you not read that they are outperforming all other healers?

Lol. did you not a read a damn word I wrote... If you want to troll.. do it elsewhere.
Edited by Baggerz on 12/14/2010 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry, we are the only healers that require Combo points to cast an aoe heal that isnt on a 1 minute cooldown.

Anyway, we still have a rotation but now its 16-24 seconds long.

Suggestion for blizzard. Give daybreak a 50% bonus proc chance when holy light is cast on the beaconed target/50% chance to reset the cooldown of your holy shock. That way we can still generate holy power at a bearable rate, but we are actually paying for it through holy shock.

I cant believe i had to go on MMO champion to find out about this. I think of all the casual holy paladins who just had this cut from underneath them without any warning at all and still probably don't know whats going on. Its a fairly major change to the way we heal.

edit: seems when i try to quote, error 500 server explodes
Edited by Dewhunter on 12/14/2010 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It has nothing to do with rotation or no rotations, and not being a Pally Healer I wouldn't expect you to understand. The issue here is that they made these changes and failed to include them in the hotfix notes...

...The real issues are that Divine Light and Flash of Light were intended to be situational spells, used in times of clutch healing, or in need of Large healing, but not for regular use...

You're arguing two different points at the same time and letting your nerd rage muddle your argument. Deep breath. Calm down.

Earthenring's comment about Holy Pallies having a rotation was very valid. News flash: 3x HL followed by LoD, rinse and repeat, IS a rotation. Doesn't matter that you throw the occasional OH $#!T spell in the mix, the bread and butter is still a rotation.

Edit: spell abbreviation brain fart
Edited by Gaiah on 12/14/2010 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
As much as I hate to say it, this nerf was inevitable. I'm sure the only reason you're upset is because they didn't put it in the notes, but some of the anger is because you know aren't as OP as you have been for the past week. I do agree, however, about the dev's "wait and see" comments, then not even waiting themselves before a nerf. You bring up a good point there. However, like I said, this Holy Paladin nerf was coming, sooner or later, seeing as how the trend of stacking holy pallies for progression just for their superior output and mana regeneration was starting to occur.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok.. understandable you guys, being druids are not aware of WHY lod was being spammed.

Let me educate you..

LOD was an AOE heal, that hit everyone, you, the tank, and everyone else in the cone.
This heal, was then being passed to the tank via Beacon of Light. <<~~ OP Part

Now.. fix that.. and the Holy Power and LOD issue would have been resolved.

What they did, was by comparision no different than washington politics. Instead of fixing the issue that created the problem, they enhanced the problem by creating 3 more and calling it fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm just glad you got slapped in the face like the rest of us.

Pallies (one of the biggest QQ classes in the game) were extremely OP considering every other class (as was in the blue post) would still have a majority of their mana when the rest of the healers were OOM. Now hopefully you'll see that we're not just QQing when we say mana is an issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So what do we do now? Flash of Light till we have no mana? Do the same with Divine Light? Some times I wonder if the people who develop holy paladins are truly void of all electrical impulses. This sneaky change is wrong. Addressing comments of holydins being op: This is not the case. I've had just as much trouble in heroics as any other healing class, but once I figured out what to gem for and what to reforge for, it got minutely easier. I'd venture to say those qqing about holydins haven't figured this out for themselves. I was just beginning to feel that holy paladins were useful again when this nerf smacked me right in the face. I'm very disappointed with this crass change. Blizzard: The change was hasty and unsolicited. Please change it back to how it was prenerf.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just glad you got slapped in the face like the rest of us.

Pallies (one of the biggest QQ classes in the game) were extremely OP considering every other class (as was in the blue post) would still have a majority of their mana when the rest of the healers were OOM. Now hopefully you'll see that we're not just QQing when we say mana is an issue.

I love how you can make these claims. Doing heroics.. I'm drinking water between every pull, and on boss fights I'm using every single CD I have to maintain MP. Every healing class has been having mana issues, its not just you.

If you're a healer, how would you know how a pally healer is doing.. You're not healing side by side to compare. If you heard something, its more than likely someone swinging thier E-Peen, which as we all know is so accurate 99% of the time.
Edited by Baggerz on 12/14/2010 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ok.. understandable you guys, being druids are not aware of WHY lod was being spammed.

Let me educate you..

LOD was an AOE heal, that hit everyone, you, the tank, and everyone else in the cone.
This heal, was then being passed to the tank via Beacon of Light. <<~~ OP Part

If you read my post again, I made no claim about why the rotation was there.

You can speculate all you want about why the rotation existed and how to fix it. You, being a Pally, are obviously an expert on such things. My post and Earthenring's are no less valid, however.
Edited by Gaiah on 12/14/2010 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I like that we were given a new resource, but now have no way to generate it outside of using dps skills or spamming inefficient heals. Way to go.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't quote the druid, but let me nullify it's remarks. Many paladins may use 3 holy lights to attain three holy power: This is just the method many choose. I personally like to holy light, holy shock, holy light then use wog or lod depending on the situation. I'll throw a dl or a fol if the situation calls for it. This is no rotation, kiddo. With holy light healing for less than the iq of a democrat and dl and fol costing more than Comrade Obama's failth care, it's only logic that holy light will be our staple heal if we can help it. The druid healing style is completely different. You use hots instead of all at once spells. I can use your monkey logics and say that you casting hots on players in the same order is a rotation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]