You must be joking.. Pally Changes..

85 Human Paladin
way to mess up with what it use to be a good mechanic
Edited by Renaud on 12/14/2010 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
like that we were given a new resource, but now have no way to generate it outside of using dps skills or spamming inefficient heals. Way to go

DPS.. I wouldnt waste the GCD.. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally like to...

Grats. You don't use a rotation.

Obviously enough of your Comrades WERE though for Blizz to cite that as a reason for the change.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
The closest to a "rotation" is when nobody is taking much damage and you can easily afford to heal the group exclusively with HS, than get a few HL on the tank and spam LoD. This works great for normals when the group isn't retarded. For anything other than that, the "rotation" falls apart and you have to use the whole toolkit.

redit: So does that mean druids using Nourish to keep LB up on the tank equates to a "rotation"? I'd love to know which paladins used this "rotation" to do anything beyond the easiest of content (you know, the kind you basically sleep through).
Edited by Dumpydump on 12/14/2010 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
With holy light healing for less than the iq of a democrat

Haha, oh wow.

For the record, my nourish hits for 5.5k without hots.

Let's not bring politics into wow, thanks.
Edited by Evolute on 12/14/2010 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
With holy light healing for less than the iq of a democrat

Haha, oh wow.[/quote]

Yeah, I just noticed that. Politics on the internet! Omagawd
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Heal for priests barely cut it in normals, I don't even use it in heroics during combat. Learn to intelligently use your long cast time, large heal just like everyone else. Basically you have three options...

1. Adapt and learn to play your class
2. Reroll to a different class (if you go to a different healer you will have the same issues and need to adapt)
3. Quit
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
Heal for priests barely cut it in normals, I don't even use it in heroics during combat. Learn to intelligently use your long cast time, large heal just like everyone else. Basically you have three options...

1. Adapt and learn to play your class
2. Reroll to a different class (if you go to a different healer you will have the same issues and need to adapt)
3. Quit

I would think that you would want priests buffed (which they should be a bit, they are struggling) than see other classes that are functioning more or less as they should be (some slight changes) nerfed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Still can't quote, but this is for you shammy. I know no one who attains holy power exclusively the way you imply that we all do. casting holy light is the most obvious way to gain holy power to use other abilities, but it's just the first stepping stone for new holydins in a process that allows them to find better ways of attaining holy power. By making the changes to holydins that blizzard snuck in, they aren't keeping baddies from being bad-they'll always find a way to be so, they're just retarding the development of the game for the others.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Stop for a second, OP. Stop.

Look around you at the healers who have been stomped into the ground. Meaning Priests and Druids. YOU - as a holy pally - have any of the following ever happened to you:

- you were removed from the group simply for being a priest
- you were removed from the group because "need pally"
- you were removed from the group because "healer oom"

Let me guess, the above 3 has never happened to you. Why? Because you simply didn't go OOM like the rest of us did.

There are other threads on the healer forums that I ask you to read. Read with your eyes, the sheer hatred and prejudice of LFD groups against priests and druids. They didn't want us. They wanted pallies, plain and simple.

Priests were being kicked from groups even before they even tossed a single heal. That scenario has never happened to you, paladin.

Do you not see the issue? If people want pallies so badly, that they all but shun every other healer type, what is the issue here? Now that you've been brought into line, this blind hatred will hopefully begin to cease. Because you'll have the same issues as the rest of us.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Phuzzums:
1. Most of us do adapt to the changes to our class.
2. Most of us have learned, or will learn, when to use our mana intensive spells.
3. It is childish to make the assumption that all holydins behave the same way.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Posted by Baggerz
Ok.. understandable you guys, being druids are not aware of WHY lod was being spammed.

Yes, we are all actual druids and priests. Our only hope of understanding a Holy Paladin's Perspective is maybe if we are all, respectively, reincarnated into paladins and then choose to Walk the holy path thereafter.
This is not some Game where an individual can just Create a New Character, and Be more than one class of Azerothian.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Eyv-
I have been kicked from group for being a paladin.
I have been kicked from the group because they "want a class with the ability to heal more than one target at once."
I have not been kicked because I oom'd. I have oom'd plenty of times, but here's the deal- reforge your gear for some spirit. Gem for it. Your problems will be greatly lessened. I have shared this last bit of advice with every healer in my guild, and they have had much less of a problem with mana. The things that other healers are qqing about can be fixed by learning how to itemize your character. I'm not aware if any other class has something similar to the holydin's new meditation where 50% of our mana gains are maintained in combat. This may be why at the moment paladins may seem to have a slight advantage, but this will get better as people learn how to gear, enchant, and reforge. If blizzard feels the need to listen to the masses and nerf paladins, I simply request that they undo the terribad thing they have done to holy light, and take out meditation instead. Holydins will once again have mana issues until they gem, enchant, and reforge correctly.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I agree that the way that these changes were slipped under the run was a little underhanded, however it seems like they're for the best.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How so ty?
Reply Quote
I still think we should lead off with holy shock. Infusion of light makes a critical strike with holy shock reduce the casting time of the holy light that follows. I like to do holy shock, holy light, something else and repeat. I let the situation determine what that something else is. There are a couple of bosses that hit a ton, but these hits seem to happen at regular intervals. I will rip off a couple of flash of lights to build people back up so they can survive another monster hit. I use word of glory in this situation too, if it is fully charged.

Our job is different. Learn the new job...Play the hand you are dealt...Improve your gear and figure things out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That's really wise coming from a paladin who isn't even max level, but sees it in his mind that he can comment on how to play in content he hasn't even seen. Hit 85, see how the content is, then come back here and comment. Until then, your arguments of play style are invalid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The problem wasn't that you had a rotation. All healers have some sort of flexible rotation that works well for them. The problem is you have an extra resource system that was granting you too many mana-free heals. I too wish we had been buffed to your levels; getting nerfed is far less fun. But this is how they decided to do it, and the change makes sense. It's not like you'll never gain holy power anymore. Ask a priest how many times they've had to use greater heal in an instance. It just won't be off of your most efficient heal.
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
12/14/2010 3:23 PMPosted by Earthenring
Sorry, but holy paladins had a rotation. That isn't what healing was about.

Right, have fun with your "rotation" because if that's all you do, either you'll go OOM, or your tank will die, depending on which "rotation" you're talking about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]