PvP healing.

80 Night Elf Druid
What's it like? The main reason why I made this toon was to heal in pvp. It would seem that the new more advanced healing system would make the chaotic world of pvp healing very difficult. Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I find it irrelevant at best, mostly. It can turn the tide of a fight for a short time in the beginning, but you will never be able to keep up with the damage output of people.

And if you do use your fast / big heal to make yourself able to keep up, DPS do not have to worry about ooming within 10 casts so your target will die anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's relevant because the other team has healers, too. So all you have to do is make them go OOM before you go OOM. This is basically the gist of how PVP actually used to be in the early days of arena. I'm not sure if I mind this so much.

Against triple DPS though, we'll see... and if nothing else... resilience will fix it™.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
WTF double post? Failing at the forums today.
Edited by Runatery on 12/14/2010 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I wonder if these issues will be addressed.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
So then where is the QQing for pvp healing? Or is everyone just QQing over healing in general.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Zero issues in twos right now, though dispels are broken.

Doing threes later, will update.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Stupid to say they will not matter. As for being fun, that;s another story.

But if x healer can heal for ~500,000 with his mana pool and cd's, you really think that 500,000 worth of mitigated damage will not change the outcome?

Yeh, resources are limited, its about who limits them the most... I would assume.

Not that its better or worse, just stupid to say they are irrelevant. The other team and those dps all have the same problem.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
So worth playing a healer in pvp? Or not so much?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
im gonna say at this point not so much, because as people get better gear dmg and health pools will increase even more and heals will become even more meaningless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]