Mages/Locks do you roll on spirit gear?

85 Blood Elf Priest
Im trying to get an idea as to whether yall tend to roll on spirit gear if a healer needs it.

SO whats the general consensus?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Pretty much what Mokh said...if healers need hit, I need mana regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I dont need spirit.

And it makes me look like a retard.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I dont need spirit.

And it makes me look like a retard.

^
My Hero!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Normally, no. However, as soon as the healer rolls on Hit gear, all bets are off.

I'm happy to stay away from items that are better for someone else than for me as long as that someone else stays away from the loot that's better for me than for them.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
I do. Because its inevitable that they will give us a spirit to hit talent out of fairness.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Only while leveling currently, but only then if it's an upgrade. Once I hit 85 I'll be sticking to non-spirit gear if I can help it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
TCS
Considering this stupid item level requirement that's been stamped onto LFD, and how heroics/raids are demanding item level (i.e. the new gearscore)....I don't really give a !@%. If I can equip it and it has a higher item level than what I got, I'm taking it.

I'm not a bad player, but to get around baddies demanding item levels.....you've got to be just as bad :(
Edited by Stupefy on 12/14/2010 6:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Druid
I'm pretty sure mages/spriest/boomkin get hit from spirit so i can kinda see them rolling on spirit items.
But a lock rolling on spirit is just stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Posted by Ðork
I'm pretty sure mages/spriest/boomkin get hit from spirit so i can kinda see them rolling on spirit items.

But a lock rolling on spirit is just stupid.
locks and mages dont get anything out of spirit only hybrid casters. i wouldnt roll on spirit gear as long as they dont roll on hit
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Like people have said, i only roll on spirit gear if said priest/shaman/druid has rolled on hit gear. So just keep in mind, hit goes to mages/warlock first since we have to reforge our dps away just to hit 17% hit.
Edited by Hakuren on 12/14/2010 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
only awful locks and mages roll on spirit gear
Reply Quote
Posted by Stupefy
Considering this stupid item level requirement that's been stamped onto LFD, and how heroics/raids are demanding item level (i.e. the new gearscore)....I don't really give a !@%. If I can equip it and it has a higher item level than what I got, I'm taking it.

I'm not a bad player, but to get around baddies demanding item levels.....you've got to be just as bad :(

That was in wrath too, it's nothing new... You couldn't do HoR if your average item level was below 219. Couldn't queue for any heroics if it was below 180.

Stop trying to cheat the system. I'm tired of seeing people decked in 318 gear and worse being stupid. People can't be carried in bad gear anymore and there's a reason it's 329.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Uh, I would like to point out that healing Priests DO need +Hit gear (to land Shackle and offensive dispels) but cannot effectively get the talent that gives them SPI > Hit because they need the other talents in their healing trees (Holy needs Disc talents, and Disc needs Holy talents).

I would also like to point out that a Resto Shaman cannot effectively get to their SPI > Hit talent either, because the Enhancement talents are MUCH better than the Elemental ones. Shaman need +Hit for Purge and Wind Shear.

Resto Druids COULD effectively take it, but then you are either giving up 15% more mana from Feral or increased healing output or reduced spell costs from Balance. Combine this with the fact that Resto Druids, more than any other healer, are called upon to CC (Roots, Cyclone, Hibernate) and you can see how this is problematic.

In fact, of all the healers the only one that has their SPI > Hit "baked in" to their healing spec in a manner that makes sense to pick up is Holy Paladins. For all other healers you are usually better off picking up some rings or trinkets or somesuch with +Hit on it and sacrificing some SPI rather than taking bad talents.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
12/14/2010 9:08 PMPosted by Zephyrus
I would like to point out that healing Priests DO need +Hit gear (to land Shackle and offensive dispels)

Priests get a nice glyph that gives their smite spell 17% extra chance to hit. While it might be necessary for druids/shaman to cc occasionally you only need a very small amount of hit to do so. If you are having problems go reforge some spirit or something. We have to reforge everything we have to get hit capped, you guys can sacrifice some fancy stats for it as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]