Why does shaman healing blow chunks?

84 Orc Warrior
I have a level 80 Holy paladin:
Divine light: Crits 28k-31k when it heals.
Flash of Light: Crits 17k-19k when it heals
Holy shock: Crits ~7k when it heals if I remember correctly.
Holy light: Crits for 10k-11k when it heals.

My guildy has an 85 shaman with 35k more mana (Meaning he most obviously has a nice bit more intellect):
Greater healing wave: Crits 25k-27k
Healing surge: Crits 15k-17k
Riptide: Crits ~5k-6k when it heals (Not including the hot)
Healing wave: Crits 8k-9k

What's on the go? My 80 paladin heals more and is 8000x more mana efficient. Can I just please heal heroics on my 80 paladin please?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
They arent bad. The player makes the class good or bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
ES, earthliving etc etc
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
That doesn't make ANY sense. But I appreciate your concern. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/14/2010 6:56 PMPosted by Hemeon
35k more mana

Typo?
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
No?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Lol, another player who doesnt understand Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
80's heal better than 85's this is not news.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
I'm talking about the amounts that his heals heal compared to a level 80s. This has nothing to do with skill. We just sat in goldshire healing each other. My heals were larger than his. I'm leaving out my earthshield equivalents and such, such as my extra bubbles I leave on the targets for 14% of my heal, my mana free heals that I get with holy power, and all that jazz. I'm focused more on the ACTUAL heals rather than the hots. It's really low.

You don't have to understand an expansion to know that having more spell power is SUPPOSED to make your heals heal more. Are my heals going to become weaker as I level? What kind of game is this?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm not like 85 or anything, and I play pretty casually, but Hemeon is correct, I used to have no problems healing at 80 with chain heal, and with cataclysm I've noticed that chain heal is basically useless because it doesn't heal for anything. In instances especially, I have to use healing surge ALL the time just to keep people alive. Maybe I suck hehe but thats just something I've noticed too.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
12/14/2010 7:02 PMPosted by Totelements
Lol, another player who doesnt understand Cataclysm.

I came here to ask a question. Why say "Another player asking a question"? Troll somebody else's thread.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Its the new mechanics mate. Thats just how they have rolled it out.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
So just answer straight up. Do heals ACTUALLY get weaker the closer you get to 85?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The critz seem larger but the normal heal appears to be the same, but if you want numbers try EJ.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm 83 now (I leveled today yay) and basically chain heal sucks, along with healing wave (pointless, it heals for 3k).
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
lol @ 35k mana
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]