Shadow priest pvp

80 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, so im kinda new to being a priest, just started leveling one yesterday, and i dont really know how to pvp on him. I was wondering if anyone could give me some good pointers on how to pvp with a shadow priest. :)
Reply Quote
Make your initial attack rotation VT>SW:P>MB>DP so that the burst from MB/DP hits all at once, and definitely spec into all the CC.

That's the most important non-obvious stuff imo.
Edit: Ok, so the CC part is incredibly obvious.
Edited by Iscarion on 12/14/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My rotation follows Mind Blast > SW: Pain > Vampiric Touch > Mind Flay and depending on orbs, preferrably 2-3, I'll pop devouring plague.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Keep Shadow word: Pain on your target. use MB and VT when you are in range. If all Dots are up, use Mind fray (range only! spam SW:P to run away from melee!)

Edit: yeah, the whole point of priest is stay away from melee as far as you can cause priest ain't got any useful "escape spell"
Edited by Pitiens on 2/28/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
12/14/2010 07:00 PMPosted by Iscarion
Make your initial attack rotation VT>SW:P>MB>DP

Well no. That shouldn't be your initial rotation, since you would only have one orb you don't want to DP. You almost never want to DP without full orbs.

Keep everything dotted with VT and SW:P, keep mind blast on cooldown. Dispel buffs and procs from enemies, Mass Dispel CCs from teammates (especially healers), bubble and offheal as needed and as soon as you have 3 orbs then you DP (make sure to dispel any bubble from them before DPing).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Try this
Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9TOhd2N8U
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/28/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Shimmergloom
My rotation follows Mind Blast > SW: Pain > Vampiric Touch > Mind Flay and depending on orbs, preferrably 2-3, I'll pop devouring plague.

VT into SW:P is better. You can get them in the same cooldown in that order.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]