The nerf that came to late

85 Blood Elf Priest
I think it is horrible that Pallies got nerf'd ... I have a pally (its not heals!) ... I just think that instead of nerf'ing a pally why not buff up the other healing classes ... its absolutely outrageous that the mana cost of heals/spells is so so so far out of line.
I mean a guild already beat the game ... and I am positive that they had pallies healing in their world first achieve .... now we are not given that same opportunity. By nerfing a group as hard as they did and not giving another class a chance to help fill the spot that they just took away ... well it screwed us all.
We can all thank Ghostcrawler who apparently thought up this healing/mana starved strat but I would like to see them play a priest or a druid a shammy and now a pally in a Heroic Dungeon OR a Raid with the average gear we are all wearing at this point and try to keep the group healed up. They couldn't!
Shame on you blizzard for not thinking things through all the way. 50 dollars for a game and 15 dollars a month to play just to feel the anxiety of death and wipe and people yelling at each other and hating each other so hard core ... stop nerf'ing people for the love of HEALS and buff something .................... IMO if your going to nerf pallies now cause they were to OP for heals .... then you should have to take away achieves that were obviously gotten because pallies healed them through it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
11 Tauren Shaman
It boggles my mind that people pay $15 bucks a month to have the privelage of hating others.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Priest
12/15/2010 7:36 AMPosted by Coli
It boggles my mind that people pay $15 bucks a month to have the privelage of hating others.

It's a priest. Priests hate paladins and QQing about them is a past-time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Yea worlds firsts with pallies in 355 ilvl gear ,,,,

Reply Quote
We can't heal through LK anymore. Let's take away those achievements too.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Priest
12/15/2010 8:04 AMPosted by Woo
Yea worlds firsts with pallies in 355 ilvl gear ,,,,

When did they have the time to go farm that?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
That makes no sense .. of course you can heal through LK .. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pally heals ... I just think instead of nerf'ing them as hard as they did .. a small nerf yes but bump up the other heals so they have a chance also.

Its not a QQ ... I don't even heal! ... I just find it ludicrous that they think this is a great idea
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Healing still isnt that hard. Adjust. Its not a big deal
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Your words of wisdom should be written in a book ..... there is no choice but to deal with it. Your a pally so stfu
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Wickedkitty
That makes no sense .. of course you can heal through LK .. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pally heals ... I just think instead of nerf'ing them as hard as they did .. a small nerf yes but bump up the other heals so they have a chance also.

Its not a QQ ... I don't even heal! ... I just find it ludicrous that they think this is a great idea

You don't see the inherent problem with buffing everyone else instead of nerfing one when it is deemed to be outside of the predetermined numbers?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Relapse

You don't see the inherent problem with buffing everyone else instead of nerfing one when it is deemed to be outside of the predetermined numbers?

Do you even understand their justification for the nerf? What they NEEDED to do was put LoD on cooldown and have it not proc Beacon. That's it. Instead they make Holy Light a worthless spell and LoD only useful in a 25 man raid or a perfectly positioned 10 man.

Blindly agreeing with Blizzard because you can't think for yourself is cool man.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
INC
Posted by Drinfamous
<blockquote data-quote="15361264865"><div>Posted by Relapse</div>

You don't see the inherent problem with buffing everyone else instead of nerfing one when it is deemed to be outside of the predetermined numbers?</blockquote>

Do you even understand their justification for the nerf? What they NEEDED to do was put LoD on cooldown and have it not proc Beacon. That's it. Instead they make Holy Light a worthless spell and LoD only useful in a 25 man raid or a perfectly positioned 10 man.

Blindly agreeing with Blizzard because you can't think for yourself is cool man.

Did you read what Neth said about pally changes and the logic? I think she put it quite well and I agree with what they are trying to do.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Drinfamous
<blockquote data-quote="15361264865"><div>Posted by Relapse</div>

You don't see the inherent problem with buffing everyone else instead of nerfing one when it is deemed to be outside of the predetermined numbers?</blockquote>

It's also cool to put words into the mouth of another. Where did I express my approval or condemnation at the Holydin nerfs? I didn't because I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Understand what you're replying to before you reply next time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I never said they shouldn't have nerf'd them ... I said a small nerf .. a cooldown would have been fine ... the point being if you can read the whole post .. why not buff up any of the other healing class so they could heal though an entire pull ... I end up using my Hymn of Hope for them, along with them using mana pots and then I end up helping heal. I am not a healer as clearly seen in if you armory me. I choose not to heal for obvious reasons.
I do not agree with Blizzard .. again if you choose to read the entire post you would plainly see.
To be honest after reading the fail pally posts here I am glad they nerf'd you ... now your as useless as the rest of the healers ... so now you too will have to deal with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Nethaera

We were seeing a strategy develop where paladins would cast Holy Light on a Beaconed tank, and then cast Light of Dawn on the raid (and use very few other spells). This strategy was remarkably successful considering how simple it is.

Light of Dawn was adjusted because it was completely eclipsing Word of Glory. We lowered the healing of Word of Glory late in development, but also redesigned Light of Dawn. They had fallen out of sync, and Light of Dawn was just too good.

@Bewere, You are a level 51 Priest, so let me explain to you what happened in a raid setting and why paladins were using this strategy. Holy Paladin puts beacon on tank. Holy Paladin generates 3 Holy Power by using HS+HL+HL. Holy Paladin casts Light of Dawn on raid, hitting 3-6 people. Each person that LoD healed procced Beacon on the tank. Essentially healing the tank for like 60k-100k.

This essentially made Light of Dawn an amazing tank heal and an amazing raid heal. It in fact has very LITTLE to do with the fact that Holy Light generates Holy Power. LoD made Holy Paladins TOO efficient because it successfully healed the raid AND the tank for an incredible amount.

So the simple solution to this "strategy" Holy Paladins were employing is to put LoD on cooldown and make it not proc Beacon. Hell, reduce the healing on it too. Because YES it was extremely overpowered.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]