Why a holy pally is mad?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I do care that they nerfed our class. It is harder to heal and I do run out of mana quite fast now but I'm not mad about the changes. What makes me angry and upset is how it's a stealth nerf

I love blizzard and their games but no need to sneak a nerf in there that wasn't on the patch notes. To add on to the frustration... the tooltip still isn't updated and I had to find out the hard way when I entered dungeon to find out that my usual routine of HL, holy shock, HL chain to WG or LoD no longer worked and my tank dropped dead.

Could've given us paladins a heads up next time?
Edited by Yibby on 12/15/2010 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Would you say a mad holy pally that is Tuarin would have mad cow disease?

The nerf was justified IMO, I have ran with many types of healers and I pay attention to their mana, Resto druids (played well) and holy pallys (played by anyone) always seems to have a much easier time with never running oom. Shamans and Holy Priest on the other hand...
Reply Quote
Posted by Zenkai
Would you say a mad holy pally that is Tuarin would have mad cow disease?

The nerf was justified IMO, I have ran with many types of healers and I pay attention to their mana, Resto druids (played well) and holy pallys (played by anyone) always seems to have a much easier time with never running oom. Shamans and Holy Priest on the other hand...

No one has said it wasn't justified. We're unhappy with how they killed our new mechanic. And the stealth part of it kinda sucked too.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
A nerf was incoming, to be sure. At times I was close to doubling the throughput of my other two guild healers on some fights, and I was doing this because my mana supply is so solid.

I think it could have been handled with number tweaks instead of overhauling the class mechanics, however. Boost the cost of Holy Light a bit, lower the throughput on Light of Dawn, etc. I'm not a game designer, but this change seems very clunky and is going to take a little while to get used to since it fundamentally changes the way we heal.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
The nerf was deserved. I don't see many issues that the changes posed, aside from correcting a problem with some pallies using it to trivialize the game and encounters.

LoD unfortunately becomes somewhat useless, which sucks for sure and takes it out of the equation. But this nerf is not an 'into the ground' moment.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think it's frustrating because we kind of expected that all the other class will get a buff to make the healing output equal, not this. I am alright with the nerf and have mostly adjusted but I find myself never using HL anymore. In heroics and onward it is just too low in HPS to keep tanks alive. I'd rather cast DL and generate HP faster.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So you're not mad at the loss of mobility or AoE capabilities? You are not mad that holy pally are now at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to those two aspects?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Loss off mobility and AoE healing? Have you used holy radiance? Movement speed increase plus AOE healing over time? My holy radiance crits near 2k or so one some occasions.

Holy Shock + WoG = 2 instant heals that can be used on the move. With WoG being mana free.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/15/2010 8:36 AMPosted by Solidstate
So you're not mad at the loss of mobility or AoE capabilities? You are not mad that holy pally are now at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to those two aspects?

I am angry because they have given us a new mechanic and then broken the effectiveness of it.

Holy Power was not well thought out or implemented.

PS. My three point talent, Tower of Radiance is now a joke.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Posted by Moorous
Loss off mobility and AoE healing? Have you used holy radiance? Movement speed increase plus AOE healing over time? My holy radiance crits near 2k or so one some occasions.

Holy Shock + WoG = 2 instant heals that can be used on the move. With WoG being mana free.

WoG heals for as much as holy light now after the "hotfix", so we basically have a mana free holy light equiv spell to cast...and to get that cast we have to spend...lol...much mana for the charges!

Tower of Radiance is a joke now. The whole point of TOR was to make us effective. It's dead now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/15/2010 8:36 AMPosted by Solidstate

Bottom of the barrel?

How so?

Druids have Tranquiliy - pretty good 8 minute cooldown.
Efflorencsence(Spelling) - Doesnt heal for jack since ppl QQ'd and it got nerf'd.

So what did you expect to happen?

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
KABOOM BLIZZARD %@@#ED US.

Instead of nerfing LoD and WoG they should have buffed both, hence they made a talent that's so far down in the tree tier that is now almost useless that it renders it moot.

I'd rather beacon a tank and heal the others I'd get more healing off this way.
Beacon tank, HL and Shocks on party judge when possible, FoL or DL on tank when needed.
They decreased the time it takes to stack Holy Power to AOE cone heal, and nerfed LoD by 40% its healing power.

They not only destroyed the holy mechanic they hid it this entire time. They said it was an intentional nerf as if it was going to happen before, but instead they let Holy Paladins waste their time and leveling.

Why on earth would they let us play through 4.0.1 to here with these then decide to nerf it is beyond my questioning. BUT as far as I'm concerned it's very disappointing to see what Blizzard has done.

Instead of working on three other healing classes to bring up their healing to make Heroics do-able in PUGs what they decide to do is nerf one class, hence it's much faster.

I know some Blizzard employs are disappointed with this as well but whoever decided to make this change to us and those who agreed to finalize it took no time in deciding it. Instead they just dove into it and made sure it screwed us in the ass.

Did they take in everything when deciding these changes for example our LoD 40% less? Blizzard have you forgotten why it was strong? because OUR AoE heal heals in a cone.

Yes, we have HR and it heals all around, but it heals for !%#* when it's actually needed 1500 clicks when people are taking 10-30k hits?

You expect us to use FoL and DL the entire party when it consumes 7k mana a cast? Assuming the party is taking massive damage?

- Haste|Spirit|Intel|Mastery this is what Paladins stacked.

Haste is almost useless if we are casting FoL which heals 4k less than my DL.

It seems not only have you made HP useless, changed the rotation and mechanics of a Holy Paladin. You changed how we should stat stack ourselves.

They failed horrible at attempting to balance us out.
These forums show it.
We show it.

I am disappointed with this nerf, but not mad. Mad because healing is no longer grinding on rails and doing sick %@@#ing Big Flips and 360 flips. Not it's a chess game.

Very boring Blizzard Entertainment.
Edited by Enola on 12/15/2010 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'd have more sympathy if Holy Priests had any mention in any of the patch notes since mid November...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]