If WotLK was Faceroll

1 Draenei Priest
Why so few H LK kills?

Why so few completions of hardmode ICC?

Why no entry into RS?

It was really easy to gear up and facroll heroics 5 mans. They were meant to be outgeared easily after several tiers of gear..

But how can you say the expansion was faceroll when you didn't finish most of the hard content?

I make no claim to achievements I have or have not done, but I am not claiming WotLK was faceroll either.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
If you had badge gear, you could do heroics blindfolded.
Since this is no longer the case, people are complaining.

Hard modes in raids arn't what people are calling faceroll.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
The general populace mostly talks about heroics. The general populace mostly does heroics as their main content. The comments about heroics all apply to trash in ICC as well. Most bosses in ICC also didn't require much thought (though the end wing bosses are harder in this regard). Just because there were 2-3 bosses in the game that required hard thought doesn't mean that the entire expansion wasn't characterized as faceroll.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Posted by Siegheal
If you had badge gear, you could do heroics blindfolded.

Since this is no longer the case, people are complaining.

Hard modes in raids arn't what people are calling faceroll.

Content is made to be outgeared though.

I don't think it was an intention for heroic 5mans to scale with T10 gear.

They were the entry before raids.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Because the intersection of most people's gear lust and effort/reward threshold stopped at normal modes. They could faceroll and get decent gear, or try decently hard to get great gear. Most people just want decent gear for minimal effort, especially when it looks pretty much the same as the great gear.

The people driven to complete hard modes are, I assume, by and large people who enjoy raiding for the sake of completing difficult challenges, rather than people who just want the highest item level sword they can get to whack on people in Alterac Valley.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
i say left the dps suffer... in about 3-4 months they'll be face rolling these "hard" 5mans and all this @!*%#ing and complaining will be for nothing... again.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/15/2010 4:21 PMPosted by Arienna
The general populace mostly talks about heroics. The general populace mostly does heroics as their main content. The comments about heroics all apply to trash in ICC as well. Most bosses in ICC also didn't require much thought (though the end wing bosses are harder in this regard). Just because there were 2-3 bosses in the game that required hard thought doesn't mean that the entire expansion wasn't characterized as faceroll.

If more people had accomplished what you did, then maybe.

But heroic 5 mans were made to be out geared. And everyone was tired of them because of badge gear. Once someone was running around in T10 frost badge gear of course it was going to be faceroll.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

I don't think content was made to be outgeared. Otherwise, you could still get your plagued proto-drake from naxx.

People are used to be able to do heroics, regardless of how skilled them or their group members are and this is no longer the case (untill later tiers of content become unlocked).

But yes, they are still entry before raids. However, people are also used to be able to doing raids almost regardless of the skill of them or their group members. This is also no longer the case (until later tiers of content become available).
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Posted by Voxstellarum
i say left the dps suffer... in about 3-4 months they'll be face rolling these "hard" 5mans and all this @!*%#ing and complaining will be for nothing... again.

I don't even care about the DPS, or CC, or how difficult the heroic 5 mans are. I spent over two hours back in BC just trying to get through Heroic Underbog. I remember two healing the first boss in Heroic Arcatraz.

Reply Quote
So let me get this cleared up. This thread is about Wrath H mode raids are not faceroll, but Wrath 5-man heroics are faceroll. That when you overgear for the heroic 5-mans, of course you'll faceroll it. Could I boldly infer that you also meant to say the inverse is also true, when you don't overgear the heroic 5-mans it may be kind of hard?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Posted by Siegheal

I don't think content was made to be outgeared. Otherwise, you could still get your plagued proto-drake from naxx.

People are used to be able to do heroics, regardless of how skilled them or their group members are and this is no longer the case (untill later tiers of content become unlocked).

But yes, they are still entry before raids. However, people are also used to be able to doing raids almost regardless of the skill of them or their group members. This is also no longer the case (until later tiers of content become available).

There was going to come a time when Naxx was "faceroll" though. Blizz didn't design that raid to scale with T10 gear. Gaining T10 then pugging Naxx for the lols doesn't make it faceroll, it was hard at the time, then outgeared like most content in WoW. I wasn't talking about the loot.

For heroics, not entirely. The gear score/ achievement craze was one such way to weed out people who hadn't done content or may not have been good enough to complete the content. Heroics are supposed to be hard, yes. But this time around I think healers wouldn't be as frustrated if they hadn't been artificially nerfed to make the heroics harder.

And it doesn't help when people pop out of the woodwork to claim WotLK was faceroll when they just picked up badge gear without doing hard content and then slept through the entry level heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
12/15/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Aultmore
So let me get this cleared up. This thread is about Wrath H mode raids are not faceroll, but Wrath 5-man heroics are faceroll. That when you overgear for the heroic 5-mans, of course you'll faceroll it. Could I boldly infer that you also meant to say the inverse is also true, when you don't overgear the heroic 5-mans it may be kind of hard?

When most people say: Wrath was....
they are talking about the last iteration of that expansion.
ie. wrath heroics and raids are faceroll.

Contrasted with now:
Nobody can faceroll heroics/raids = people are in shock.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
12/15/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Aultmore

I'm also trying to point out that there is an implication that the entirety of WotLK was faceroll and when it's really "I outgeared heroic 5mans with T10 so it was faceroll."

In other words: of course entry level instances were faceroll by the end of the expansion.
Reply Quote

Contrasted with now:
Nobody can faceroll heroics/raids = people are in shock.

I'm also trying to point out that there is an implication that the entirety of WotLK was faceroll and when it's really "I outgeared heroic 5mans with T10 so it was faceroll."

In other words: of course entry level instances were faceroll by the end of the expansion.

Gotcha, thx. =)
Edited by Aultmore on 12/15/2010 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Posted by Siegheal
[quote="null"]15364270286

Contrasted with now:

Nobody can faceroll heroics/raids = people are in shock.[/quote]

No one explicitly says that though.

And so bemoan the entirety of WotLK without having done most of the hard content.

How can it have been so faceroll when few people stepped up to the challenge it presented?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
For comparison's sake, Wrath heroics right at the beginning were much easier. They were't faceroll in blue/green gear, but they weren't nearly as much trouble to clear.

Then there was Naxx. Oh dear. That WAS faceroll even in blues/greens. My first impressions of Blackwing Descent are that it's about on par with Ulduar in terms of difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
theres a lot of stupid people with no memories. they are basically comparing everything that was wrath to wrath heroics. they are completely ignoring all the raids
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Victoriaaz
For comparison's sake, Wrath heroics right at the beginning were much easier. They were't faceroll in blue/green gear, but they weren't nearly as much trouble to clear.

Then there was Naxx. Oh dear. That WAS faceroll even in blues/greens. My first impressions of Blackwing Descent are that it's about on par with Ulduar in terms of difficulty.

My guild wiped quite a few times in naxx. It was a while before we had the gear/dps to down a lot of bosses. It was fun though and felt like the right level of difficulity.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Posted by Victoriaaz

This time around in Cata I don't think it's that the heroics are harder.

The class mechanics have created the difficulty rather than the content.

Though I do agree, within a tier or so of gear the Cata heroics will be much easier. Well depending on how HPS scales with Stamina.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/15/2010 4:51 PMPosted by Halems
theres a lot of stupid people with no memories. they are basically comparing everything that was wrath to wrath heroics. they are completely ignoring all the raids

Either that, or maybe they never did heroic modes. Firefighter as par content was HARD. Christ, the haunting memories of that (And if you feel like trolling my achievements, you'll see that I didn't even get the 25-man version of it until a couple weeks into 3.2). Algalon, even with 25-man Ulduar gear, man those tanks were getting owned. I went discipline for Algalon and spamming the tank along with the resto druid felt like we were falling behind unless the shaman tossed a Riptide/LHW here and there.

On the other hand, Mimiron on normal difficulty = LOL. Ok, there was a fair amount of coordination involved, but compared to the heroic mode it was face-on-the-keyboard-drunk easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]