Rare Spawns

90 Night Elf Hunter
Just to justify a bit about the TLPD2 there's two different ones the most famed one atm is Aeon as he gives the flying mount however there is also the Camel Hoarder guy from the mysterious camel figurines which may be more rare than Aeon. i'm not sure of this fact but Aeon has come up about 5 times now on ShC and i don't know about the mysterious camel figurine (the Gray camel)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
01/12/2011 7:47 AMPosted by Cerwys
Congratulations on Madexx! I've seen him as a hunter pet once or twice but I'm never really in the area where he spawns. I'm a fan of the green coloration myself, but then again I'm just a fan of green in general.

01/12/2011 8:07 AMPosted by Teng
Shouldn't you be on our side of the fence then? >_>

One you go green...
Well, honestly, I didn't have anything prepared for that.
Possibly something around 'Machine' or 'seen'.
Reply Quote
01/12/2011 8:07 AMPosted by Teng
Shouldn't you be on our side of the fence then? >_>

Pfffft. I like my humans and worg-people.
Reply Quote
01/12/2011 8:29 AMPosted by Dagerunn
Just to justify a bit about the TLPD2 there's two different ones the most famed one atm is Aeon as he gives the flying mount however there is also the Camel Hoarder guy from the mysterious camel figurines which may be more rare than Aeon. i'm not sure of this fact but Aeon has come up about 5 times now on ShC and i don't know about the mysterious camel figurine (the Gray camel)

I know at least one person has the Grey Camel; There was a post on the forum about it which was how I came to know about Dormus the Camel Hoarder and the secret camel level. The Mysterious Camel figurines have three different NPC IDs, so if you have a scanner like NPCScan and the ID's aren't already input, you might want to add them. I think the last update of NPCScan added the other two IDs in, though.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Blue version of Madexx found at 10:30pm server time on 2/4/11, for those tracking timers.

I should have called for a Hunter buddy, but most of them weren't online (looking at you, Cerwis, and your going to bed early)! He dropped a "Crystalline Tear of Loyalty", a fairly nifty possible RP item, vendor trash that sells for 25g.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Anything that drops that tear, FYI, is meant to make you feel bad for killing a pet that is clearly intended for hunters.

Anyways, was questing on my hunter and found the spirit wolf in Highlands. I don't play BM so got someone else to tame it, but it was around 10 pm server time I think for anyone looking for its' respawn.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
I noticed. :( Cerwis told me I should have just woken her up anyway.

This morning between 9 and 10 server time I think, a small group of Dragoons, Meddlers, and Ghost Scions took on Mobus, the boss rare spawn whale shark around the Abyssal Breach. Not too hard once you get his couple of attacks down, just has a ton of hitpoints.
Reply Quote
Just started camping Arcturis ( Bear Spirit Beast in Grizzly Hills) Spawn point.
Any helpful tips with spawn times and whatever would be great =]
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I tamed Ghostcrawler at roughly 8pm server, if that helps anyone.
Reply Quote
Just tamed Arcturis at 7:27 AM. He Was right infront of me when I logged.

Hes known to have a 22-24 hour respawn and I hear all spirit beasts respawn at the top of the hour (i.e 7:00-7:10) or right before (i.e. 6:50). Not 100% sure about that but its been said.

So if you want him, good chance he will respawn between 6:00 AM - 8:00 AM ST !] on Febuary 7th

His respawn point is right by Amber Lodge in Grizzly Hills. Right by the river, close to the waterfall. He will always be around there.

Get _NPC SCAN and Overlay. Will help out big time if your lookin for any rares

SWAGG !
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sambas tamed at 9:20pm server on 6th Feb. Lucky Pix, no other hunters in the zone when there was 8+ an hour earlier!
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
...camel...pet? *bambi eyes* Want.

-Feisty.
Reply Quote
...camel...pet? *bambi eyes* Want.

-Feisty.

It's not a pet! It's a mount! The TLPD of ground mounts, in fact!
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Oh. Then I'm still holding out for a pet Giraffe.

-Feisty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Jadefang: Killed somewhere between 8 and 10 server, forget exactly when. Would have tamed him but I was still 15% from 85 at that point. Alas.
Reply Quote
Congrats on your minipet, Fortune :)
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
I would like to know why? They have Bloody rare and Frostbitten but no Achievment for Cata WHY?
Reply Quote
02/19/2011 1:58 PMPosted by Sikhealz
I would like to know why? They have Bloody rare and Frostbitten but no Achievment for Cata WHY?

In all honesty, likely because Hunters got the short end of the stick with Bloody Rare and Frostbitten. We'd be attempting to tame a rare-spawn mob in BC/WotLK and somebody would come along and kill it for the achievement.

The thing with Rares in Cata is that most of them drop unique loot unless it's a hunter pet mob. Then it drops a crystalline tear of loyalty that makes you feel bad.

So very, very bad.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It's likely tied to NPCscan and similar addons. They were setup by using the achievements to easily grab the IDs of what to look for, which probably made tracking rare spawns a lot easier for the average person than Blizzard intended (IE, every shlub is warned about cool Hunter Pet in the area rather than hunters just looking for it specifically)Granted, NPCscan adapted but it took a lot more effort on the part of the addon author to get it working again for Cata.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Thank you so much for the pointers on how to find the rare pets, Cerwys! I downloaded the addons you had mentioned but I wanted to thank you once more.

-Feisty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]