just remove "heal"

85 Undead Priest
that's it, this spell sucks, adjust every other ability we have.

NO, i do NOT want to sit there casting "heal" for 10 seconds only to recover 30-40k dmg
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
no
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/16/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Woo

NO, i do NOT want to sit there casting "heal" for 10 seconds only to recover 30-40k dmg

30 -40k recovery of damage?? You are lucky my basic "Heal" does 7k - 10k healing. And all that on a 2+ sec cast time. I agree with you maybe they should just get rid of "Heal" and buff the others.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Your tears............are delicious.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/16/2010 3:52 PMPosted by Italia
Your tears............are delicious.

Jackass4LYFE!

How does swearing at someone make you different?
I think perspectives need to be re-tuned. Cata is no more spammy than other expansions and it is not much more of a challenge when people don't do their part. This is NO different than anything else in life or most other games. Let's make our response to challenges to be "We can do it guys, lets try this new strat ..." rather than get angry and frustrated and take it out on others rather than learn and improve.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I wish it were gone. It's a pretty boring spell. Luckily I don't have to use it much when raid healing, but ugh, I HATE spamming it in heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/16/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Woo

They can't remove it. They built all the healing classes around it this expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You just need to stop healing if you're that up in arms about the way it's built. I love healing now, it's challenging and you need to decide what spells to cast in relation to how much mana you have.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Not if you're a priest, you don't. We don't need to decide - the decision's been made for us. Is anybody about to die? Has Renew fallen off the tank? Is the whole group below 70%? Is anyone near death? Has PoM expired/been consumed/bounced to someone's pet? Is there/is there about to be massive groupwide aura damage? If the answer to all these questions is "no", as it is about 60-70% of the time, the correct spell to cast is Heal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Heal is fine. You honestly need to relearn how to heal for cata. That or switch to dps.
No backpeddaling to wrath idiocy because you can't find a way to adjust.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
They can at least give it a new tool tip pic. Package it all nice and shiny.

On the other hand, I can understand why its so gimp.. so that you have to use your other spells. If it did a decent job healing then we would just spam it and nothing else. It is designed to be a POS spell.

I am happy with it as an enhanced "Serenity spell" almost .... but not quite. Again.. that gets me to use my other spells. I use an occasional Gheal to catch up.

What I'd like to see improved is aoe heals just a tad. Either in effectiveness or mana consumption. But I' guess I'll just have to get used to it. As gear improves I am seeing a difference.
Edited by Hollywould on 12/17/2010 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I use healing wave the most out of any of my spells. When healing was back in classic WoW we downranked our spells to top off players and preserve mana. The "heal" is generally there for that reason. If you are trying to save a persons life you are better off using a healing surge.
Reply Quote
12/17/2010 1:12 AMPosted by Sedivy
Heal is fine. You honestly need to relearn how to heal for cata. That or switch to dps.
No backpeddaling to wrath idiocy because you can't find a way to adjust.

I don't think you grasped the concept of the thread. He's obviously learned the new way to heal and isn't having fun with the way it is designed. It's an opinion a lot of people share as casting one spell over and over in heroics is insanely easy and boring.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Heal gives me a nice heal while refreshing my HoT for free and giving me a super cheap instant heal AND allows me to roll my 17% mastery heal (also free) on the tank..Heal is a good thing.

So for 0 mana cost after regen....I get 8k healing every 2.3 seconds, a tick of 3-5k every few seconds for 12 seconds and a 17% rolling heal of about 800 that ticks every 2 seconds....FOR BASICALLY FREE.

On top of that I get access to a small cooldown, instant heal for about 1250 mana...

In the current model I can even flash heal and use that instant heal and regen the cost of the flash heal in less than 5 seconds (5 man buffed, my regen is about 4000 mp5 in combat.

And before you come in here spouting nonsense Vidoma, thats not bragging, thats showing what proper gearing SHOULD be doing.
Edited by Tiffamy on 12/17/2010 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't think you grasped the concept of the thread. He's obviously learned the new way to heal and isn't having fun with the way it is designed. It's an opinion a lot of people share as casting one spell over and over in heroics is insanely easy and boring.

...and for that reason, the complete and utter lack of any dynamic quality to the new healing model, that I support the removal of "heal." Regardless, just ignore Sedivy. I've yet to see her make a worthwhile post that's anything but bashing people who don't enjoy the new healing model. Guess what Sedivy, you, like so many other posters, try to paint a false dichotomy. Not enjoying healing in Cataclysm (noticed I said ENJOYING, not "failing at healing in Cataclysm"") does not automatically mean we wan't Wrath style healing. This is not an either/or statement, it doesn't HAVE to be that style if it isn't this style. A great many of us have re-learned how to heal for Cataclysm, and still don't like spamming "heal" so that we can watch a health bar do.... nothing. The new healing model may work, but it's not engaging and it's not dynamic.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
"Im standing there doing my job and its boooorrring"

Reroll please.
Edited by Totelements on 12/17/2010 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
12/17/2010 1:10 AMPosted by Kaels
Not if you're a priest, you don't. We don't need to decide - the decision's been made for us. Is anybody about to die? Has Renew fallen off the tank? Is the whole group below 70%? Is anyone near death? Has PoM expired/been consumed/bounced to someone's pet? Is there/is there about to be massive groupwide aura damage? If the answer to all these questions is "no", as it is about 60-70% of the time, the correct spell to cast is Heal.

...how is that *not* deciding what spell to use based on a bunch of factors? I mean, yes, I get it that many people feel that something with a cast time isn't fun, but we're almost always going to have a "go to" spell. Toward the end of Wrath, it was renew. At other times it has been flash heal or a downranked greater heal.
Edited by Hekimi on 12/17/2010 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]