Tower of Radiance

85 Human Paladin
Yes there was a big nerf. I personally healed how i thought i was supposed to heal, which is, use holy light on the tank and holy shock as well, to build HP. I would then spend the HP on words of glory, in order to maximize the benefit from the tank talent that has a chance of the HP coming back. I used all my spells, since i had to in order to keep people alive in heroics. I might have done something wrong, or maybe i need to L2P, but i found it a challenge. I almost never used Light of Dawn for the cone heal, since it was rare that more than two were injured at once to the point that i needed to, except during aoe damage phases. My mana pool is around 70k, alot less than i have seen other healers with. I found i not only had to use cooldowns, but also time them right and use the right ones together to get heroics down. And then this. I can understand that in raids Light of Dawn is OP, especially during aoe phases. I dont think the answer lies in nerfing the main way to get HP though. I personally think that instead, light of dawn should place a weakend soul like debuff on the players it hits, so that it cant be used on them again for the next 20 seconds. I feel that this would bring about the nerf that is needed on paladins being "OP" while keeping the basics of the healing model i love so much. I found just spamming holy light wasnt enough to keep a tank up, i also needed to use word on him. With holy light giving Holy Power and then using that as an instant heal to increase the effect of my holy lights, i felt it was perfect. And now? I dont know how i can honestly step into heroics KNOWING i cant keep people alive with the way i used to heal. Holy light hitting for ~8k is just not enough to keep people alive, and there is still holy shock, but at its relatively long cooldown it doesnt build HP fast enough for my tastes. I might just be spoiled, but for having to be nerfed just because other paladins played different from me sure makes me sad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Agree... Give us Back tower of radiance!
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
Yes there was a big nerf.

I personally healed how i thought i was supposed to heal, which is, use holy light on the tank and holy shock as well, to build HP. I would then spend the HP on words of glory, in order to maximize the benefit from the tank talent that has a chance of the HP coming back.

I used all my spells, since i had to in order to keep people alive in heroics. I might have done something wrong, or maybe i need to L2P, but i found it a challenge.

I almost never used Light of Dawn for the cone heal, since it was rare that more than two were injured at once to the point that i needed to, except during aoe damage phases.

My mana pool is around 70k, alot less than i have seen other healers with. I found i not only had to use cooldowns, but also time them right and use the right ones together to get heroics down.

And then this.. . .

I can understand that in raids Light of Dawn is OP, especially during aoe phases. I dont think the answer lies in nerfing the main way to get HP though.

I personally think that instead, light of dawn should place a weakend soul like debuff on the players it hits, so that it cant be used on them again for the next 20 seconds.

I feel that this would bring about the nerf that is needed on paladins being "OP" while keeping the basics of the healing model i love so much.

I found just spamming holy light wasnt enough to keep a tank up, i also needed to use word on him. With holy light giving Holy Power and then using that as an instant heal to increase the effect of my holy lights, i felt it was perfect.

And now?

I dont know how I can honestly step into heroics KNOWING I cant keep people alive with the way i used to heal. Holy light hitting for ~8k is just not enough to keep people alive, and there is still holy shock, but at its relatively long cooldown it doesnt build HP fast enough for my tastes.

I might just be spoiled, but for having to be nerfed just because other paladins played different from me sure makes me sad.

walls of text r bad mkay. . .
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy light hitting for ~8k is just not enough to keep people alive, and there is still holy shock, but at its relatively long cooldown it doesnt build HP fast enough for my tastes.

You have divine light and flash of light, learn to use them like every other good healer has been.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Agreed.
blizzard, just what in the hell are you doing?
why not remove holy paladin from the game, considering you cannot seem to get us right.
why not force us to reroll, instead of making it so irritating to continue playing a class that changes from week to week...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have been using flash of light and divine light, but it takes a whole tenth of my mana pool
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I have been using flash of light and divine light, but it takes a whole tenth of my mana pool

Maybe if you werent terrible and enchanted your gear you would have more mana.
Edited by Awsmgoat on 12/14/2010 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You have divine light and flash of light, learn to use them like every other good healer has been.

I promise you healing a heroic with FoL and DL with HS kept on CD and using what little HP you build is not going to cut it. I have found my self begging for inervs during fights if we have a boomy in group and I have 77k mana in 5 man buffs with 2500 combat mp5 which jumps to 3500 when pop JC trink....and trust me it's kept on CD. At least prior to the nerf Pally heals were starting to feel 'normal' again. No you can't get by just using 1 or 2 buttons but you could at least viably heal a heroic and it was fun. Each and every heal spell a pally has has a proper use and in I personally use them all but to be out of CDs, out of mana and begging for innervates when a boss is still at 30% + is just stupid.......peroid

Thank you Blizz for confirming that I leveled the wrong healer first. Cata Pally heals = OP /lawl @ the fool that claims that....cause recount = win right? Oh wait for you it probably does......
Edited by Sevorat on 12/14/2010 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
"starting to feel 'normal' again"

wotlk normal = cata OP

get over it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Now that you've been brought in-line with the rest of us priests and druids, now you will understand what healing is truly supposed to be like.

Go over the to healing forums and witness for yourself that we priests have been KICKED from LFD groups soley because "need pally" reasons. Soley, because they didn't want us.

They wanted pallies, and only - pallies. Now that you've been brought in line, hopefully this hatred and prejudice against priests will end.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I promise you healing a heroic with FoL and DL with HS kept on CD and using what little HP you build is not going to cut it. I have found my self begging for inervs during fights if we have a boomy in group and I have 77k mana in 5 man buffs with 2500 combat mp5 which jumps to 3500 when pop JC trink....and trust me it's kept on CD. At least prior to the nerf Pally heals were starting to feel 'normal' again. No you can't get by just using 1 or 2 buttons but you could at least viably heal a heroic and it was fun. Each and every heal spell a pally has has a proper use and in I personally use them all but to be out of CDs, out of mana and begging for innervates when a boss is still at 30% + is just stupid.......peroid

Thank you Blizz for confirming that I leveled the wrong healer first. Cata Pally heals = OP /lawl @ the fool that claims that....cause recount = win right? Oh wait for you it probably does......

You are a bad healer then, I have healed heroics since this hotfix and it is almost exactly the same, it is barely any different.

Learn to adapt to the new healing system, learn to use ALL your abilities rather than crying because you cant tunnelvision holy light and word of glory only like a mouthbreather. Also learn to enchant your gear, its common sense.
Edited by Awsmgoat on 12/14/2010 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
"need pally" != "we hate priests"

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So Blizzard's mature and well thought out solution was to make one blue post and then completely change the way paladins heal? My two aoe heals have both been effectively neutralized and I'm reassigned to healbotting tanks again, oh joy of joys.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You are a bad healer then, I have healed heroics since this hotfix and it is almost exactly the same, it is barely any different.

Learn to adapt to the new healing system, learn to use ALL your abilities rather than crying because you cant tunnelvision holy light and word of glory only like a mouthbreather. Also learn to enchant your gear, its common sense.

LAWL... I have adapted and have never been bad unlike your ability to troll....there is no way in hell that there you experience almost no difference in heroics tardo. Maybe 3% of all servers have groups with dps and tanks that are smart enough to do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to......sadly randoms rarely pull from this small pool so you have to rely a lot on WoG and HP to survive. Congrats on getting to run with the top 3%..........
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have tried a heroic since i made this post, its not "bad" like i thought it would be... its just totally different... just as i was getting used to the old different. Its not as smooth as the former was though, in my opinion. And also fyi, i never "tunnel visioned HL and WoG like a mouthbreather" it was just another way to get hp for using. i still used every single other spell i had, now i rely only on those other spells. i didnt even take tower when i respeccd, its useless now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Just ran a couple heroics. It was definitely much tougher to heal, but it is doable still.

I would like to say though, that healing is way more fun pre-nurf. And not because it was easier. The mechanics involved were just more interesting. I hardly ever have holy power anymore.

If they needed to adjust pally healing that's fine, but I'd like to see the healing style closer to where it was before.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
In every expansion, holy paladins start out real good. Then they get nerfed. Then they get nerfed for PVP, then they're so over-nerfed that their overall representation becomes abysmal. Eventually Blizzard puts a bandaid on the nerf to make it kinda work but kinda not.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is absolute BS. Hl already hits like a limp noodle and now it doesn't proc a charge?? Really blizz?? it also seems like the LOD hits arent all proccing the heal on my beacon target. HL was supposed to be our main/go to/spam heal. flash/DL for oh ##%*t moments while keeping judgement/HS off cooldown. It was HARD healing WITH HL working as intended in ivl 340ish gear! Heroics were still HARD. Pally mechanics were FINE a few days ago--now this BS! This really pisses me off. nerf after nerf after nerf. Where is the logic? show me some logic/blue post Blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 9:13 PMPosted by Nerdstomper
This is absolute BS. Hl already hits like a limp noodle and now it doesn't proc a charge?? Really blizz?? it also seems like the LOD hits arent all proccing the heal on my beacon target. HL was supposed to be our main/go to/spam heal. flash/DL for oh ##%*t moments while keeping judgement/HS off cooldown. It was HARD healing WITH HL working as intended in ivl 340ish gear! Heroics were still HARD. Pally mechanics were FINE a few days ago--now this BS! This really pisses me off. nerf after nerf after nerf. Where is the logic? show me some logic/blue post Blizz!

agree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]