Elitists saying: "QQ more healers!" To you...

86 Human Paladin
Right, Lucylia. I too love some of the perks of the paladin class - the Hand spells. However, I feel like I'm so incredibly reliant now on the other 4 members in the group, because I really can't effectively maintain the group at the standards I want by healing through it. In short, people can't be derp a derps anymore, but it falls on MY shoulders if people fail. It's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
55 Human Priest
TGL
hey peeps, howbout we just play teh game?

... and try to see the fun in it and not what's wrong with it
Edited by Falaereon on 12/14/2010 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Well, man. At that point it just because ignorant of the other players to lay complete blame on you. You're right, all 5 member must, must, MUST pull their weight.

If your tank doesn't use his CD (in my case, 9 that I can use), you suffer. If the dps interrupt/stun/CC intelligent, you have to clean up the mess in damage. Ironically, you running oom because of these cases screws the rest of the group.

Don't try to carry a group. Even now, player skill with a class will go but so far, however player skill with communication goes a longer way.
Reply Quote
Obviously some of you people never raided in vanilla or TBC. I didnt really raid much in wotlk cuz it was lame. Part of what made raiding fun in vanilla and TBC was the struggling. I remember wiping on bosses night after night, but when we finally were able to get the mechanics down and win, such huge pay off.

Heroics are not hard, the trash can pretty much all be CC'd to make healing easy. TBC heroics were very similar to this... When you had tanks tanking heroics in blues, it was a struggle.

But hey, at least gold is a complete joke now and these repair bills are nothing :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/14/2010 6:29 PMPosted by Hezzy
Part of what made raiding fun in vanilla and TBC was the struggling

No, this is what created elitists who could stand the nightly grind. They didn't like it anymore than anyone else, however, they thoroughly enjoyed snubbing their nose at the rest of the server, and thats what online games are all about right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Posted by Viensa
Posted by Behldan
Oh, and Viensa, my guild was the second on our server to kill Yogg-Saron :P LK wasn't hard...at all on normal. Like...barely even a challange. WoTLK was nothing compared to BC and Vanilla raiding. Don't pretend it was.

I said Yogg+0.

And heroic LK. And Herald of the Titans. And Tribute to Insanity + Tribute to Dedicated Insanity. Not normal Yogg-Saron.

but whatever, that's getting off topic.

I absolutely support this statement.

If a Light of Dawn says WOTLK was ridiculously easy, well perhaps it was. But when someone who doesn't even have Herald, or better yet, KINGSLAYER says WOTLK was 'so easy'.

I'm beginning to suspect they're just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

It was more fun healing in WOTLK, or even better, Vanilla. It felt more rewarding and not such a drag.

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Vanilla raiding was horrid. Trying to progress meant a 6 hour grind to get through BWL or AQ to maybe get down one more boss three nights a week.

Then, any other free time you had, you spent farming the mats for the consumables you needed to do the raids.

It was an unhappy time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<blockquote data-quote="15364258151"><div>Posted by Lizzie</div>Vanilla raiding was horrid. Trying to progress meant a 6 hour grind to get through BWL or AQ to maybe get down one more boss three nights a week.

Then, any other free time you had, you spent farming the mats for the consumables you needed to do the raids.

It was an unhappy time.</blockquote>

Doesn't that show how much of a drag cata has become if vanilla is more fun. Hell, I distinctively remember healing fights like Twin Emps and Nefarian.

It seems to be that even heroics now are taking as long as raids. 1 1/2 - 2 hours for a heroic? They could definitely do with a little less trash.
Edited by Rwaar on 12/14/2010 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/14/2010 5:30 PMPosted by Viensa
But all that they succeeded in doing was to make a new generation of elitists while homogenizing healers and punishing them with boring spells, and severe mana issues.

It speaks the truth.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Gear should never make the player. I don't care if you have the best stuff cause you play all day, gear should never make a player. You can read all sorts of reviews from game critics calling this the MMO most reliant on gear. And they call it a barbie game. I'm over gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]