Priest worth rolling?

70 Draenei Death Knight
A lot of controversy over this lately but i was thinking about rolling a priest and would like to know if i should even bother with it. Thank you xD
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I'm sure all healers will be at the same level sooner or later..the xpac is only a couple of weeks old. All the pally's jumping ship are refusing to change or adapt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Chauster, level it for a bit then ask yourself this.

Am i enjoying it?
Yes -> Keep playing
No -> Stop playing

Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I'm biased, but I love a priest :) I'd say yes it is worth it.

But then again I do not know you or what you're looking for, so really - what Verrez said.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Death Knight
Posted by Lizzie
I'm biased, but I love a priest :) I'd say yes it is worth it.

But then again I do not know you or what you're looking for, so really - what Verrez said.

I want to be able to heal a lot but i hear priests oom fast now. Also i was thinking about rolling blood elf priest disc, good?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nobody knows what class balance will be like by the time you get a character to 85.

Remember how patch 3.1.0 pretty much rewrote entire classes/specs from the ground up? That was the patch that gave paladins the full beacon effect even for overheals, made PW:S spammable for discipline priests, nerfed the OO5SR regen for all classes, made Prayer of Healing work on other groups in a raid, made Mana Spring Totem and Blessing of Wisdom no longer stack, and that's just a few parts out of several pages worth of patchnotes.

I doubt that 4.1.0 will be as extensive, but I expect several iterations of the current healing model down the road with quite a few tweaks for class balance.

My recommendation: Focus on a spec/class that provides you with a playstyle that you enjoy playing; this makes for enduring fun, and will keep you entertained regardless of adjustments in power.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Flash heal/prayer of healing spammers will say no.
Reply Quote
55 Human Priest
TGL
I totally love priests and i never oom and have almost never had any1 die on my watch... ik im just lvl 55 on my priest but PRIESTLY HEALING PWNS! and im holy :P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
12/14/2010 5:59 PMPosted by Chauster
I want to be able to heal a lot but i hear priests oom fast now. Also i was thinking about rolling blood elf priest disc, good?

If you become a GOOD healer, then you'll be able to heal a lot. As a holy priest right now you'll become a really smart healer.

You'll only oom if you have no understanding of your spells
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
<blockquote data-quote="15364255010"><div>Posted by Lizzie</div>I'm biased, but I love a priest :) I'd say yes it is worth it.

But then again I do not know you or what you're looking for, so really - what Verrez said.</blockquote>

Everyone OOMs fast if you heal wrong.

• Make sure you will enjoy how the class plays.

• Make sure you enjoy how the spec heals.

• Make sure you don't spec dumb.

• Make sure you gear correctly.

• Make sure you learn to play correctly.
Edited by Lashiel on 12/15/2010 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
Yes priests are now the new mana batteries of healers. In WotLK it was paladins now with the recent buffs its disc
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
12/15/2010 11:53 PMPosted by Freehuggs
if you want to pvp, don't bother creating a "healing" priest.

You have ZERO mobility.
You will get CC'd to death.
You will get countered right when you need to cast your big heal to live.
Your shields will break after one hit.
Your heals won't keep up with warrior, feral, or DK dps.
Did I mention you'll be snared non stop with no way of breaking it?

To sum it up, once a single melee dps is in your face, there is 100% nothing you can do to escape it. Pray you got a good team that will spend the time babysitting you instead of dpsing the other team.

PvP healing priests are for masschoists.

I played a holy priest in WotLK for premade BGs... most fun I've ever had. Ever.

That being said everyone will have their say about certain classes; some might love the priest some might hate it, hell most don't play it right and thats why they don't enjoy it. Just look into it yourself and see if thats what you want to play.

But in my opinion they are very fun to play and being a good healer will open many doors for you in the game that most DPS only players never have the chance to see!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
The bottom line is your pay blizzard this money to balance the classes and despite the fact that the class you roll may get nerfed and suck. Things are always changing from every few months. It is not like vanilla and BC where classes changed but their usefulness at endgame pve & pvp stayed similarly relative. All classes are constantly being juggled I feel more than ever and it is really just a luck of the draw no matter what class you choose.

So basically try out a priest if you like the play style then continue playing it. If not try something else.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
omfg necro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What happens when a thread is twice necro'ed? Does it become immortal?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think it does.

funny, a lot of "protest" and "qq priest" threads being necro'd. Maybe it's a sign that we've been "doomed" before... but somehow survived. Like... learning from our past or something.

Nah...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]