For healing, 80 > 85

85 Blood Elf Paladin
A level 80 healer in high end level 80 gear, could heal a lvl 85 dungeon ALOT easier than a level 85 in appropriate gear could.

Discuss... Like seriously, not complaining or anything but please discuss the above statement.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Actualy that is probably true. your mana would regen quick if you were 80 and had ICC gear, heals do not heal for to much more even with full heroic 85 gear. You would most definately be a better healer as an 80 doing a 85 instance, you would be able to dish out more heals and probably keep ppl topped.

The only problem would be you would agro anything you get even close to and some of those spike boss/mob AOEs would 1 hit you with a low lvl 80 HP pool.

Aside from that your statment is most likely true.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So Tanks get better when they level up, Dps do more dps when they level up, and healers....Suck more when they level up? Did I miss something?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
nope pretty much it lol, our healing doesnt get increased by much even with gear, I have about 2k more spellpower then i did at 80 and my big heal only does 2k more healign... figures. Biggest difference is the mana cost is ~1/10 of your mana pool.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is their any way to cut experience off and STILL do the 85 dungeons? -.- I want to LEVEL UP, not down =(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/14/2010 11:04 PMPosted by Dxlumia
So Tanks get better when they level up, Dps do more dps when they level up, and healers....Suck more when they level up? Did I miss something?
Nope. You have it right. Blizzard decided to balance the game on the backs of healers. There's any number of ways they could have rebalanced the game but this is the path they chose. Considering, that most players don't like to heal, I don't see how this is supposed to encourage the existing healer base to continue or potential healers to join the healing ranks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

^^^ forum noob here, my quote died, but ur right.
Edited by Dxlumia on 12/14/2010 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
What new system? There's no new system to healing, just a big nerf to it. Healing tanks with 100k+ HP pools with heals that only hit for 15k for 1/10 mana at a time with incoming dmg of 50k is not a new system, it's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/14/2010 11:42 PMPosted by Spiritguide
First of all, no tank should ever take a 50k hit- if they do, they are doing something wrong. Second, people have huge health pools for a reason. It is not necessary to keep everyone at 100%. Keeping the group alive is a cooperative effort- if your group thinks it is the sole responsibility of the healer to make sure everyone is at 100% HP at all times, they are bad. All classes and specs have some way to heal themselves/prevent damage to themselves- they should learn when to use such abilities. You'd be surprised how fast DPS seem to find ways to heal themselves when you let them sit around at around 50% HP. If groups CC properly, pop CD's properly, and dont stand in fires/cleaves etc..., I have no problem healing them. Basically, the problem is Wrath spoiled people. Healers can no longer compensate for incompetence on the part of DPS or tanks.

This. So many times over this. It's the truth too, no doubt about it. We can't carry people with healing piggy-backs like we could in Wrath. Everyone has to be on top of their game, and I will admit on my warlock it's a little hard to get out of the" my healer will get me if I drop so it's okay" mindset that Wrath gave us. It's a change that we -all- have to get used to and till then, the challenges will be challenging, and now that we're not in top end gear, PvE will require more than spamming (lolchainheal) or standing in fire, expecting the mana-starved healer to get your back.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Priest
If this is true, I want to keep one of my healers at 80 and just have 85 friends run me through ICC and Ruby to get the best healing gear and then just go from there. :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Posted by Dxlumia
A level 80 healer in high end level 80 gear, could heal a lvl 85 dungeon ALOT easier than a level 85 in appropriate gear could.

Discuss... Like seriously, not complaining or anything but please discuss the above statement.

We know. We've been discussing it. It's not even a dead horse anymore. We're tenderizing a pile of putrefied meat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Posted by Whiteout
Actualy that is probably true. your mana would regen quick if you were 80 and had ICC gear, heals do not heal for to much more even with full heroic 85 gear. You would most definately be a better healer as an 80 doing a 85 instance, you would be able to dish out more heals and probably keep ppl topped.

The only problem would be you would agro anything you get even close to and some of those spike boss/mob AOEs would 1 hit you with a low lvl 80 HP pool.

Aside from that your statment is most likely true.

This, I told my guildies the exact same thing as the OP and they were like ":O" Rev is onto something LF 80 for 85 heroicz
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
12/15/2010 3:01 AMPosted by Popess
If this is true, I want to keep one of my healers at 80 and just have 85 friends run me through ICC and Ruby to get the best healing gear and then just go from there. :)

Go where from there? Nowhere at all?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Posted by Moradìm
heroic dreamwalker is now impossible to clear in icc.

for 85s.

Yeah, I saw some pug spamming LF 2 HEALERS FOR ICC10 HM DRAKE EZ MODE 85 CLEAR, ONLY 85S ALLOWED. I really wonder if 2 85s could even heal that place. I know people can take three times as much damage without dying, but output is SO low. I am sort of curious to try it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Posted by Moradìm
heroic dreamwalker is now impossible to clear in icc.

for 85s.

Will be possible again with better gear. Didn't the same thing happen during the transition from 70 to 80? Or did people scale better then? Cause I know all combat ratings dropped to nothing then, just like it did now.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not fun anymore.

I loved healing on my priest and now I hate it.

I don't care about the scaling and how much mana. Ive always loved healing because I felt it was more difficult.

Now that people have 100k+ life and my main priority is how well I manage my mana I'm not sure I want to continue healing. I find most everything about this game to be really easy.

I'll likely go back to hardcore pvp games that do nothing but fail because they are based on skill and most people just don't have any.
Edited by Menephta on 12/15/2010 4:20 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]