Tower of Radiance Suggestion

85 Blood Elf Paladin
After today's nerf we cannot use Holy Light on the beaconed target to generate Holy Power.

From my understanding Holy Power was supposed to be generated by using spells that use mana.

Holy Light use approximately one third the mana of Flash of Light and Divine Light.

Please give Holy Light 33% chance to generate Holy Power when you heal the beaconed target.

In case another procs is a problem then we could have Holy Light to always generates Holy Power when it heals the beaconed target but that drains twice(or more?) as much mana as usual.
Edited by Iracundus on 12/15/2010 3:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard won't change back something they just implemented. Maybe in a week after they have more data, and if the data suggests a reversal is needed.

Eternal Glory works nice for me. Not sure why you don't like it.

Getting a charge of Holy Power every now and then is better than not.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If the problem is efficiency nerf judgments and the amount word of glory heals for. If the problem is light of dawn v word of glory they need to fix light of dawn transferring through beacon.

We already have infusion of light, daybreak and eternal glory (and blessed life) filling our random proc quota.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you don't like procs so much, they could change it so that if you heal the beaconed target with Holy Light, it always generates a charge of Holy Power but drains twice as much mana.
Edited by Iracundus on 12/15/2010 3:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="null"]15361861356[/quote]

That would defeat the purpose of generating holy power and would be the same as casting flash of light/ divine light for holy power but you would do less healing.
Edited by Wasselin on 12/15/2010 3:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That would defeat the purpose of generating holy power and would be the same as casting flash of light/ divine light for holy power but you would do less healing.

If the mana is increased just twice, it is still more efficient than FoL or DL and at the same time you lose mana quicker than before. This fixes the problem of being a too efficient healer and ending a fight with 90% of your mana. If you spam HL on the beacon you will lose a lot of mana and do less actual heaing now that LoD is nerfed.
Edited by Iracundus on 12/15/2010 3:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You haven't been playing this game very long, have you? This is how it works: SEVERE NERF handed out based on not enough data, followed by months passing until readjustments are made.

This has happened to every class I've played since WotLK. Fortunately, most of those classes were DPS and you can just hop to the next FotM spec...for example when my Beast Mastery Hunter was neutered out the gates in WotLK, I just jumped to Survival which the terrible dev team made even more OP than BM ever was.

However there is no alternative healing spec. So we've got a really boring few months ahead of us using 3 Holy Power spells a minute and spending the rest of the time spamming Holy Light with Shocks and Divine Light mixed in here and there.

You have no idea how long I have played. Bet longer than you. Anyway...

I am just trying to suggest something that may fix the problem. From Nethaera explanation, LoD healing for too much and HL generating too much HP without consuming much mana is what the problem is. They decided to solve the problem by the nerfs. LoDs nerf is ok, I guess (I am not sure about the numbers, maybe it does heal for too much compared to other AoE healing spells. Maybe it is just the excessive amount of HP that was the problem).

They could have gone another way. Making LoD consume mana and being on CD like before. Nerfing the HP generation like they did now. Or we could still have high HP generation but we have to pay for it with much more mana. I just don't think that HL shouldn't generate any HP when I heal the beaconed target.
Edited by Iracundus on 12/15/2010 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you don't like procs so much, they could change it so that if you heal the beaconed target with Holy Light, it always generates a charge of Holy Power but drains twice as much mana.

I can not believe that in this expansion with healing the way it is, that any healer outside of one that just smoked about 6 pounds of crack cocaine would suggest that ANYTHING cost more mana. Sober up bro
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I can not believe that in this expansion with healing the way it is, that any healer outside of one that just smoked about 6 pounds of crack cocaine would suggest that ANYTHING cost more mana. Sober up bro

You are making me laugh. Maybe you are who is on crack...

The problem is that we were too efficient healers. We ended up fights with almost all our mana. This required a nerf. I prefer HL to expend more mana when healing the beaconed target only which will counteract the blatant spam of it to generate HP. You cannot expect to get something for nearly free. One HS and 2 HL on the beacon, which take around 5.5 seconds generates 3 HP which you can use with LoD or WoG. You spend around 6k mana on that and do a lot of healing. It is definitely a problem, especially in a raid. Paying 10k mana or more for this kind of scenario is preferable in my opinion.

Increasing the mana only when healing the beaconed player with HL solves the problem without changing anything else. Maybe an increase of more than twice will be needed (but the mana needs to be less than the mana you spend on FoL or it will be pointless (Maybe that's why Blizzard went and removed the HL from ToR altogether)).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem of reliable HP generation is not going to be improved by a random chance to generate HP.

If they felt like LoD healed for too much, they might want to check why it transfers healing through Beacon.

If they felt like paladins had too much mana, they might want to look at the 15% return on Judgement.

Touching the HP/HL synergy is just fail.

The problem was too much of HP being generated without much mana being spent. Random proc will be consistent with the idea that spending mana generates HP (if you heal the beaconed target). We didn't spend much mana on HL but we get HP. A rotation of 1 HS and 2 HL plus a LoD on the raid which heals for a lot on its own without even considering the supposed bug with it procing BoL lead to boring healing without any regard for mana efficiency.

Judging is not much of a problem as it returns only 15% of your base mana which after subtracting the mana cost of the judgement itself amounts to 2k mana back every 8 seconds if you can spare the GCD.

I don't know which is the best solution. Increase of the mana of HL on the beacon is maybe not smart as you can just do better with FoL (faster heal, healing more and generating HP for just a bit more mana). The other option is for it to be left as it is right now (HL doesn't generate any HP) which is unsatisfactory. Or we can have a proc consistent with the mana cost of HL.
Edited by Iracundus on 12/15/2010 6:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]