New Resto Shammy - Healing Addons to use?

85 Troll Shaman
I wasn't sure if I'd get better info here, or in the UI thread, so I may post in both.

I'm new to healing - was a pure DPS class before and didn't pay much attention to other people's debuffs/health because there wasn't much I could do about it. This will be my first healer, and I'm looking at addons to try out to help me keep an eye on the entire party.

I currently use Shadowed Unit Frames, along with Clique, but am thinking maybe there's something a bit more streamlined/effective for me. I'm thinking of either VuhDo or HealBot. I've heard more about HealBot, but wasn't sure what you guys think. Any suggestions?

I currently use quite a few Addons to modify my UI, so I'm open to other suggestions, if you have any combos that you love :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I use SuF for frames, and Healbot for actualy healing.

Healbot is very powerful and coupled with gaming mice with more then 3 buttons... zomg you dont even need action bars.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
On my resto shaman, I use class timers to track my water shield stacks and forte for totem timers. Decursive for debuffing.

Having great raid frames is crucial because you have two important things to track, your earth shield stacks and riptide. Personally I use Grid and use the plug in Grid Status Hots, it was geared more towards resto druids but it will track your earth shield stacks and riptide.

I've used Grid for years, I don't know if Vuhdo or Heal bot do the same.

Whatever you go with, make sure you keep all that information pretty much where your eyes sit on your computer screen the majority of the time, putting your totem timers or water shield information off in a corner somewhere is not good, you don't want to be searching for that information.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Totem Timers! Decursive!

I've made a thread geared to new healing addons thread;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1219753280#2

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Totem Timers! Decursive!

SuF actually has an amazing totem counter inside of it.

Healbot set up for shamans is slightly better for decursing imo.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Get some type of unit frame that can track debuffs and hots. Grid works, VuhDo is better looking without the need for extra add-ons. Either will work, and others will too. The important thing is that you can see HP levels, debuffs, and hots at a glance.

Setup mouse over macros, or get something like clique.
I use macros. Example below.
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover] spell name

Toss in any add on to help you track cool downs, shields, what not, as you see fit.

Now go read on how to heal and gear. Most info will be theory on healing with hard facts about certain situations. Don't be afraid to start healing in older content so you can start to pick up on how things flow.

Good luck, and have fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]