About healer gems...

100 Tauren Shaman
Can you PLEASE tell your fellow healers everywhere to stop gemming Int/Stam?

Every time I see a healer with those gems, with us wiping on bosses, he definitely gets the boot.

I know there's a lot of healers smarter than that. I know most of you on these forums are probably more skilled than any healer I've pugged with.

But for every smart healer I group with, I get about 2-3 bad ones. So please, share the skill. :o

Yes: I know you'll tell me to CC better and dodge more avoidable damage. I do. I avoid all the damage I can, I even Hex when the tank isn't marking mobs (and then they act like they didn't know Shaman could Hex, WTF!), I toss out free Healing Rains to make a healer's life easier.

I just want to see more healers realize how useful Spirit is. :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Spirit is boss. I stack it whenever I can:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spirit isn't AS useful to paladins as it is to other healers so keep that in mind. At about 1500 right now I find mastery more useful. 20% of my total heal also adds a bubble (in this case that'd be ~4-4.5K shield) which is very nice. I noticed a huge increase in how much mana I have after a fight by changing -400 spirit for bumping my mastery up. I was going to 25-50% mana on regular pulls or bosses, now i'm 50% on regular pulls and not having any problems with mana on heroic bosses (unless the dps is being stupid)

tl;dr spirit is good, but once you get comfy with it you can get/reforge for other stats. Int is still king for pally.
Reply Quote
Not all gem types are available to everyone at all times. I checked the AH yesterday for a spirit gem and there were none. NONE. I have a JC too and the recipe I was interested in wasn't trained, it was a world BOE, and the 2 on the AH were going for 1200g which I won't spend.

So realize that this early in the game people might be just grabbing anything they can.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's all about gem bonuses

Red: 40 Int

Yellow: 20 Int + 20 Haste

Blue: 20 Int + 20 Spirit
Edited by Örly on 12/15/2010 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="null"]15361265270[/quote]
Obviously I am not raiding right now and 1500 is enough for heroics if it works for me. Now if i want to replace holy light with Divine Light for healing, yeah of course i'll need 2000+ spirit to maintain my mana regen.

Raiding =/= heroics. Random heroics with ignorant dps I have found for my heal style to work fine. Mastery is FAR from useless. It's not overpowered but it's not useless.

When I start raiding in a couple of weeks I'll look into changing it, by then my gear will be different. A mix of JP items and heroic gear and maybe a valor item.
Edited by Orlandu on 12/15/2010 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Posted by Hinoishi
Not all gem types are available to everyone at all times. I checked the AH yesterday for a spirit gem and there were none. NONE. I have a JC too and the recipe I was interested in wasn't trained, it was a world BOE, and the 2 on the AH were going for 1200g which I won't spend.

So realize that this early in the game people might be just grabbing anything they can.
This.

I'm a JC, server first 525 at that, and in order to qualify for my meta I need at least 1 blue gem, but until yesterday I didn't even have a blue socket available for a 30 spirit gem, meaning my only options were Int/Stam in a red socket or Crit/Stam in a yellow socket. The superior cuts take three tokens each which means that just to get the patterns I need (Int, Int/Haste, Int/Crit, Int/Spirit) will take me another ten days.

Unless they introduce a titanium dust equivalent right away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]