Feral PvP, What's the consensus?

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Awesome in 2v2 (as always) but ok in 3v3 ( after everyone gets resil)

Yes my rake hits for 4k, but that's a single target spell. Moonkin for example does 2k a hit put in 3 targets you got 6k.
85 Troll Druid
Posted by Janeck
Awesome in 2v2 (as always) but ok in 3v3 ( after everyone gets resil)

Yes my rake hits for 4k, but that's a single target spell. Moonkin for example does 2k a hit put in 3 targets you got 6k.

moonkins are terrible for decent level of pvp leave them out of this
90 Tauren Druid
moonkins are terrible for decent level of pvp leave them out of this

Obv I used it as example.
85 Tauren Druid
Seasons been out for 2 days. Once people, and ferals, start getting pvp gear, the damage will decrease. Resilience WILL help. Also currently every feral druid you are playing probably has somethin like 1600 mastery, which will not happen in full pvp gear, which will probably be necessary.

So resilience (maybe 15% minimum), and less mastery (5% minimum), might be somewhere around 20% reduced damage, so my bleeds would be ticking for 8k/6k crits (rip/rake), and I'd be critting ~35% of the time.

In the end, if theres still a glaring issue once people start accumulating pvp gear, blizzard can always reduce the mastery coefficients, it wouldn't be hard.
85 Tauren Druid
Wait nvm, hotfixed. Bleeds doing something like 40% less damage, good.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/15/2010 4:27 PMPosted by Zelper
Rogue/Feral/Healer or Double Feral/Healer are very, very strong at the moment. Since you can't really snare a Druid like you can a Rogue, it's easy for the Feral to lock down a ranged long enough for the Rogue to deliver some damage and stuns not long after. Roll with a Pally healer and you're good to go. Double Feral/Healer, is more overpowered than Feral/Rogue/Healer for obvious reasons with zerg styles of play, but the Feral/Rogue/Healer comp., Rogues have useful things like Blind, Smokebomb (when it works), and such adding slightly more utility.

Arms Feral Holy Paladin, frost mage feral paladin, and DK Feral Holy Paladin also work quite well.

You can basically take your pick of any 2 of Arms/DK/Feral/Mage/Warlock, put a holy paladin behind them, and have a solid comp right now.
85 Orc Warrior
12/15/2010 3:40 PMPosted by Dogpower
Sure wish some of my Hunter's abilities hit that hard!

Hunters are in such a bad place right now :(
85 Tauren Druid
Posted by Trull
Rake jsut got nerfed, resilience will defiently help, and mind spike is critting for 20k + on 1800 resilience.

Please don't say inaccurate things like this. Feral hasn't been nerfed, a bug with doubling your mastery has been fixed however.

lol? how is this inacturate at all? Where has blizz said it was a bug? They never did, people just assumed it did, but i hate to tell u this but even in wotlk rake was doing more damage than rip... now it isn't.
85 Goblin Rogue
SG
Posted by Vladdy
<blockquote data-quote="15361870519"><div>Posted by Trull</div>
Rake jsut got nerfed, resilience will defiently help, and mind spike is critting for 20k + on 1800 resilience.

Please don't say inaccurate things like this. Feral hasn't been nerfed, a bug with doubling your mastery has been fixed however.</blockquote>

lol? how is this inacturate at all? Where has blizz said it was a bug? They never did, people just assumed it did, but i hate to tell u this but even in wotlk rake was doing more damage than rip... now it isn't.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1536474785?page=1
You know this whole LOLNORESIL thing really isn't supporting your argument

Resilience affects all dps, not just you.

Your damage is still going to be higher than everyone elses with or without resilience, stop using it as a base for your argument because you just look like an idiot.
85 Human Death Knight
Did I miss something here? Does Resil only counter druids? Does the stat say on the tool tip, "Provides damage reduction against all damage done by druids....?"
85 Human Rogue
but you know whats funny? i was fighting a feral druid today in arena, got him to 12k hp, then he pops into bear form, 10 seconds later hes at 140k hp.... wtf? no heals at all, he went from cat -> bear then he had all his hp back
85 Troll Druid
12/15/2010 10:48 PMPosted by Whoisthis
but you know whats funny? i was fighting a feral druid today in arena, got him to 12k hp, then he pops into bear form, 10 seconds later hes at 140k hp.... wtf? no heals at all, he went from cat -> bear then he had all his hp back

"no heals at all"

we have a spell that heals us and consumes our rage in bear form.
dont qq til you know your facts mate
85 Human Rogue
but the fact that you can heal 140k hp in 10 seconds is utterly ridiculous.
90 Tauren Druid

It certainly would.
85 Troll Druid
12/15/2010 10:52 PMPosted by Whoisthis

we cant, epic exaggerating is epic.
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/15/2010 2:26 PMPosted by Babypuke
Are feral druids the new s5 DK's right now?

Yes, put up full bleeds, walk away, INC unhealable damage while they top themselves off.

They're really difficult to kill, and are allowed to instant cast just about anything, + bear regen.

I'm okay with them having the amount of versatility they do, but not if blizzard isn't going to make them take advantage of their own skill cap and then instead just say to bleed something up and win.

There are some caster teams that can beat the bad fotm ferals who only rerolled b/c they're currently OP, but I guarantee you that gladiator ferals are unstoppable right now.

yeah i crit a bad feral for 40k with mind spike, spriests are fine for hte priest that complained... mind flay is useless - only use it for archangel XD then you pop archangel+mindspikes, and mind blasts and pew pew to victory!

but srsly... feral comps are so tough to beat, not impossible (im not at the glad lvl yet) but tough - mind you im only facign 2k ish druids in 2s...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]