Not getting the RAF triple exp bonus...

(Locked)

94 Human Death Knight
I bought a second account through recruit a friend and used the blizzard generated link to upgrade the account. It shows that both accounts are linked and i can summon my second character in game. However, i am not receiving any experience bonus while leveling, neither from mobs nor quests. The toons are the same level, always within 100 yds of each other, and partied alone.
Blizzard Employee
12/15/2010 5:24 PMPosted by Lebqattal
The toons are the same level, always within 100 yds of each other, and partied alone.

Both characters must be part of the same group, Lebqattal.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Partied alone"l?

Additionally, can you check your combat tab and verify that you are not getting bonus experience. The combat tab should display it as (X amount RAF bonus experience)
94 Human Death Knight
I meant that they are in the same group with no other members. Just the 2 toons, and yes, i checked the combat tab and it doesn't show the (X amount RAF bonus experience). Thanks :)
Blizzard Employee
Can you provide me with the following information:

Your character's name:
Your friend's character name:
Realm:
Edited by Roraks on 12/15/2010 5:43 PM PST
53 Draenei Priest
Dont feel too bad Leb, My RAF characters werent getting RAF bonus with quests, I put 2 tickets in and all they said was "We cant do anything about it, and that I must be in the same group"

3rd time doing RAF, I know to be in a group....I posted on the forums 3x about it never getting a response.

I am curious though Leb, are you not getting RAF bonus in dungeons either?

Its a shame, I had gotten the deal for 5$ Vanilla, 5$ BC, 10$ WOTLK with the initial thought to buy cata at release, just to find out when my first set of raf toons got to level 40....all experience bonus stopped.

However.....Reputation bonuses continued, and granting levels was still able to be done.

Maybe my 4th time posting about this in a month on a post that already has a blue will get a response.

Summary:
No Raf bonus xp after lvl 43 (exact) and no raf bonus xp at all in dungeons after
No RAF bonus xp at all for dungeon quests or dungeon mobs on my second set of raf toons
**Note** This started happening the day Blizzard posted about reducing xp gains from quests in dungeons to equal non dungeon leveling.

My toons were grouped together with an 80 running us, my guy, my raf toon account, my friends 80.
Reputation gains with the bonus continued
granting levels still continued
94 Human Death Knight
Character's Name: Lebwardz
Second Character's Name: Lebmyth
Realm: Medivh

(I also tried doing it with other characters but that didn't work either)

I'm sorry to hear that prehab... at least you took advantage of the $5 vanilla lol. I didn't even hear about it (thanks finals.. lol). I hope they resolve your issue as well soon :)
Blizzard Employee
Posted by Prehab
I put 2 tickets in and all they said was "We cant do anything about it, and that I must be in the same group"

Were the tickets submitted using the account you are posting with?

From what I can see, there was only one ticket submitted and you were advised to have the party member in the same zone as you. Unfortunately, you will not get bonus experience if your party member is not with in 100 yards.

Maybe my 4th time posting about this in a month on a post that already has a blue will get a response.

Do you by any chance have the links to the previous posts you made?

As a reminder, keep in mind that if you are experiencing an issue, it's best to start a new thread rather than jumping on someones thread. It will help us better track the issue and follow up with you.
85 Tauren Druid
I did 1 ticket on my "Account toon" and one on the "RAF Toon" Both on the same issue.

Account toon = bedtimestory

RAF Toon = Plushes

They were always within 100 yards because I had plushes on follow of my warrior (Bedtimestory) While my friend leveled us.

They were ALWAYS within 100 yards of each other, and never got quest xp or mob xp...but DID get Reputation bonus.

And yes I have posts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1208030957

I did start my own post about it, it was never responded to by anybody. Sorry for jumping on the train here to hopefully get a response.
Edited by Rawrdinosaur on 12/15/2010 6:08 PM PST
94 Human Death Knight
Sorry, quick correction...
When i was leveling the two toons together i was using Lebmyth and Lebsiyyad. At the time they were the same level but when i realized that i wasn't getting the triple exp i started leveling Lebmyth on his own. However, i plan on leveling Lebwardz and Lebmyth together to 60.
Blizzard Employee
Lebqattal, it does look like you are receiving the proper amount of experience but I want to double check with you.

While Lebwardz and Lebmyth are grouped and within close proximity to one another can you complete a quest and let me know how much experience you get?
94 Human Death Knight
i am currently unable to complete a quest with both of them because lebwardz is still in gilneas and it is not allowing me to summon him (I have not yet decided the fate of gilneas). Also, when i tried to invite lebwardz to a group from lebmyth, i got a message saying that i can't send invites with a trial account. I have already upgraded the account to vanilla.
94 Human Death Knight
OK.. so i made two new characters and it shows that I AM getting the triple experience this time... Thank you for your help Roraks :). Much obliged!
Support Forum Agent
12/15/2010 6:40 PMPosted by Lebqattal
i am currently unable to complete a quest with both of them because lebwardz is still in gilneas and it is not allowing me to summon him (I have not yet decided the fate of gilneas).

That would explain why you were not gaining triple experience. Characters on Recruit a Friend accounts do not receive triple experience just for being linked through that promotion. They need to following certain criteria to receive the bonus.

If you had a Worgen and a Night Elf, they would not have been able to be together until the Worgen has completed their starting quests and joined the rest of Azeroth.

In order to receive triple experience you must be grouped, in close proximity to one another, and within 4 levels of one another. The quests that you are turning in and the mobs that you are killing must also not be considered trivial to either of you.

More information on the RAF system can be found in the following Support Article.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588

12/15/2010 6:40 PMPosted by Lebqattal
Also, when i tried to invite lebwardz to a group from lebmyth, i got a message saying that i can't send invites with a trial account. I have already upgraded the account to vanilla.

Online upgrades can usually take up to 72 hours for the purchase to process. Though the leveling restrictions are lifted immediately the other trial restrictions will remain until the purchase is completed. There are usually a few warnings while electronically upgrading but they are sometimes missed. I am sorry for the confusion that may have caused.
85 Human Paladin
my step son and i are trying to level together . i have linked out accounts VIA recruit a friend . it says that we have 2 months left on the recruit a friend but still not getting any bonus exp . i have checked the combat log and yes we are same level and standing next to each other and are in a group together but no bonus exp
90 Night Elf Druid
Hello i used the RaF during the 5$ for battlechest and wrath, and 10$ for cata promo and i created a starter account usign the RaF and then upgraded online to wrath of the lich king and still couldnt get triple exp i redid RaF using the same account and now the trial account is able to have the triple exp but the full account cant get the triple exp any help?
36 Blood Elf Hunter
09/01/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Ilgadis
Hello i used the RaF during the 5$ for battlechest and wrath, and 10$ for cata promo and i created a starter account usign the RaF and then upgraded online to wrath of the lich king and still couldnt get triple exp i redid RaF using the same account and now the trial account is able to have the triple exp but the full account cant get the triple exp any help?

You need to call Billing, or submit a ticket, and ask them to move your new full license to the RAF'd Starter Edition.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]