Crowd Control, Interrupts, and your group.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
For the cata heroics is there a point where you become geared enough to not have to use cc anymore for every pull?
90 Human Death Knight
Great thread.

It may already have been said somewhere before, but Tauren druids can use War Stomp in forms as of 4.0.6, so you may want to update post #7.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/15/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Sadophia
For the cata heroics is there a point where you become geared enough to not have to use cc anymore for every pull?

Yes but some pulls will require CC even then. It takes very very high DPS to burn thru packs with two healers and id rather not have to tank Forces of Earth in stonecore.

But even in my gear i can aoe tank several mobs at one time if i want.

Great thread.

It may already have been said somewhere before, but Tauren druids can use War Stomp in forms as of 4.0.6, so you may want to update post #7.

He has taken some time off from wow and can't update atm.
85 Human Warrior
This is awesome. One my biggest issues with the transition to Cata from Wrath was relearning CC and I get flak from tons of players for not knowing, but now i can use this as a little cheat sheet untill i can remember everything.
85 Night Elf Druid
Read through this as it was vastly superior to the one I posted in the DPS forums on my Mage. The only thing I saw left out was a stun / silence effect that Holy Priests have. Don't remember what it's called, exactly, but it's one of their Holy Words. Chastise, maybe?

EDIT: Yes, I do realize Holy is a healing spec, but as it turns out for my experiences EVERYONE may need to help with interrupts due to people that don't know their class or spec as well. I find that I use Wind Shear way too much on my Resto Shaman because I'm starting to run OOM on pulls containing healer mobs while in a group that seems to have skipped the "interrupts" lecture in class mechanics. If you can and are comfortable with interrupting while healing, do it simply to help your group out.

Same with CC. Resto Shamans have a VERY useful CC ability (Hex) and should only really need to cast it once, given a group with competent DPS, at the start of the pull so it's no real concern.
Edited by Dryarae on 4/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT
62 Gnome Rogue
What is GCD?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/18/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Raemona
What is GCD?

Global cooldown.

Whenever you push a button all your other abilties become unusable for 1-1.5seconds. To see for yourself watch your spells you will see it shade out then rotate. When its usable it will complete the rotation and be lit up again.
85 Tauren Warrior
Check out my video for more help

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mfpwnage?feature=mhee#p/u/3/m1PEezOvWGE
85 Draenei Paladin
One quick note, I know you said in your guide that you didn't include single-target snares, however, if spec'd into it, Enhance Shaman's can actually turn their Frost Shock into a short duration Root. Quite effective for when you get healer aggro off an unexpected pat or for when you get an unexpected runner going for the drums in ZA on trash before Dragonhawk boss. It's situational, but it can save lives and hassle if used right.

Here's the link for the talent: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63374
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome back!!!
85 Orc Warrior
Very nice!
50 Blood Elf Paladin
thats a REALLY long list
55 Night Elf Druid
AHHHH! It burns i don't like reading that much i read it and it was useful. I'm not a big reader so for other ones please make them shorter, please!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]