New arena

85 Blood Elf Rogue
The old arena system was much better. The only real incentive to arena now is to hit 2200 to earn gear. The progression to earn the gear was what was fun about arena. Tier 1 all being accessible without rating is not fun. It took me from playing seasons 5-8 to finally earn my weapons, but I honestly enjoyed it. Now there is no gear to shoot for except for the 2200 gear; everything under 2200 is just a conquest point grind. The whole new arena scheme is just silly. I am really hoping that it gets changed back, though I doubt that will happen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i agree
bump
and i hope many other will
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People complained to no end thats why this new system was put in.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i like the new system as well.

who cares if scrubs can get arena gear..they kinda need it anyway.

if your great youll have the better gear, there is still a grind
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
the way i see it on tab is that im limited to 1300 ish points and i dont think that top number ever gets higher unless i get a higher mmr. Am i right? If i am right then yes you do have to get a rating to get gear or you will be stuck at 1300ish points forever. I could be wrong but I think thats how it works
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't worry, if your skilled you'll be wearing a shiny new set before everyone else :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
i play a game for fun. did i win?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
12/16/2010 12:53 AMPosted by Kobbs
the way i see it on tab is that im limited to 1300 ish points and i dont think that top number ever gets higher unless i get a higher mmr. Am i right? If i am right then yes you do have to get a rating to get gear or you will be stuck at 1300ish points forever. I could be wrong but I think thats how it works

I think that's the weekly max your looking at
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
If your goal for playing arena is to get arena gear then you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
42 Goblin Shaman
You know PvP isn't supposed to be a gear grind. It is supposed to pit player against player and let skill decide.

I believe there still will be a T2 weapon set that will have increased stats, but not any armor. I might be wrong, I only was starting to play last night and haven't checked out the vendors yet.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Higher ratings = gearing faster.

If you just wanna do it to grind for something shoot for 2200 :/ heroic raid lvl weapon. nom nom nom.
Reply Quote
71 Undead Warlock
12/15/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Wooster
The old arena system was much better. The only real incentive to arena now is to hit 2200 to earn gear.

What about titles/achievements? New system is much better.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I actually agree. Although hitting 2.2k isn't so tough for me anymore, I remember when I first hit 1800. I was so excited to get my weapon, and now that feeling will be gone from players in a similar situation.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
bump cause Im bored?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]