Necrotic Strike and you

85 Blood Elf Paladin
First of all, how is this DK skill balanced? It's 10 times worse than mortal strike for a healer. They can spam it in unholy presence faster than you can possibly heal. It turns holy shock into a 0 heal, 3 HP WoG into a 7k heal, and DL into a 12k heal and thus makes GotAK + DL only a 24k heal, GotAK + HS still a 0 heal, etc.

I've been dueling a lot and I can outlast the damage of any class for quite a while. If the opponent doesn't want to die, they won't because of holy's garbage DPS but I've managed to take down a few classes. That's not the point of holy anyway, I play it to survive. The most lopsided fight I've seen right now is DK vs any healer and I think that is because Necrotic Strike is broken right now. My 2 DK buddies agree with me on every level too. It's spammable and with a lot of attack power it absorbs waaaay too much healing, not to mention the 30% longer cast time of heals. It cannot be dispelled as far as I can tell, unless that is only an unholy DK thing.

Have you lived through necrotic strike? How did you do it?
Edited by Shanaynaynay on 12/16/2010 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
53 Worgen Warrior
It's been broken since beta, and Blizzard hasn't acknowledged it yet. It'll be nerfed once S9 really kicks off.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes yes and yes. Even the DKs in my guild agree with OP lol.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
Well heres my theory... I havent leveled my dk up from 80 yet but i played with necrotic strike in the beta. It only absorbs the next heal received correct? well pop Holy radiance and time your holy shock and casted heals in between holy radiance's ticks removing the debuff :)
Edited by Denial on 12/16/2010 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]