Why can't LoD > WoG?

1 Undead Warrior
Light of Dawn was adjusted because it was completely eclipsing Word of Glory.

LoD is our 31point talent. WoG is baseline that's accessible to every paladin. How did you come to a conclusion that using LoD over WoG was "problematic"? Isn't it common sense that a 31pt talent should be better than a baseline skill when those two skills share a common resource? Also, LoD was completely eclipsing WoG ONLY WHEN there were 2 or more targets being hit by the heal.

Sure, I agree that building up Holy Power (before the nerf) was rather easy and cheap by spamming HL on beacon'd targets. But frankly, I don't think you should've double dipped on nerfing LoD by nerfing BOTH our Holy Power generation rate AND the baseline healing of LoD. I would've been fine with either one of them, but both? come on.
Edited by Rlyboney on 12/14/2010 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
better for AoE healing yes, better for 2 target healing? That's a bit much.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ok I don't understand this, I see no way to possibly generate enough holy power to effectively keep a tank alive with WoG without going oom.

If Light of Dawn was too powerful why would you completely change the playstyle of holy paladins? To me a simple fix would putting a cooldown on Light of Dawn while still requiring it to take/consume holypower. This sounds far far more reasonable to what has already been put into effect.
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
Even with this recent nerf, LoD is still currently broken as is.

In a raid, LoD will still be superior to WoG for healing the MT, even when all of it overheals. Does blizzard not know that the problem lies with "beacon splash"?
In a heroic, LoD will be almost useless, as people don't normally bunch up.

Considering blizzard's justification of nerfing LoD for being overpowered was used in a context of raiding, I'm pretty baffled by how horribly they handled this issue.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Posted by Illumina

Considering blizzard's justification of nerfing LoD for being overpowered was used in a context of raiding, I'm pretty baffled by how horribly they handled this issue.

Are you really surprised? Blizzard has always nerfed paladins just to overcompenstate for the fact that their heads up their asses when making decisions anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 5:11 PMPosted by Rlyboney
But frankly, I don't think you should've double dipped on nerfing LoD by nerfing BOTH our Holy Power generation rate AND the baseline healing of LoD. I would've been fine with either one of them, but both? come on.

It's how Blizzard fixes Holy Pallies in 4.0

People complained about pallies being OP in BGs with 4.0. Admittedly, we were. However, instead of doing one correction and see the fall out, they swing and hit a double with PoTI and BL at the same time instead of adjusting one and see how things settled.

Why not do the same for LoD? Instead of one change and see how it settles, swing for the fences and double hit. this way, in a few weeks, they can "buff" us by giving part of it back and we'll all be super happy.

I do agree. Why shouldn't a tree top talent outshine a base pally ability. Why is PW:B better than PW:S?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
RPD
LoD and WoG aren't even in competition. They are useful in their own ways. Eternal glory makes WoG a contender against LoD beacon heals.

What beats WoG, proccing eternal glory, then LoD the whole party? Nothing, that felt awesome.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What I don't understand is if WoG was weak, why not buff it? Why nerf our aoe heal? Not to mention that dramatically reducing our Holy Power generation nerfs both of those spells right out of the gate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]