Why are shamans op healers?

85 Goblin Shaman
After the recent to pallies, there's a whole slew of player commenting on how shamans are the best healers right about now. Although I'm only 81, what's the deal?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
These forums (the class role ones especially so) have always been a continuous wheel of complaints. If a class or spec is nerfed, the masses will find something new to complain about, even if nothing has really changed between the first class being nerfed and now.
Edited by Marilzon on 12/14/2010 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I think shamans were already considered 2nd next to paladins, it's probably x class is better than me QQ. Our mana isn't any more efficient than the others don't listen to the trolls
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
No, bring the player not the class. Ive seen plenty of really bad shammies on my dps toons.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
If enough people complain, the general recourse would be to nerf X class. I've seen it happen countless times. I'm just curious what really does make shaman op at the moment ,or according to the players, in the forseable future?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Greedee do you like your shammy?

If Yes -> keep playing
In No -> stop playing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People have to have someone to blame. Now that paladins have been nerfed I guess the mob decided it's shamans turn to be the whipping boy.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I had just as much trouble as anyone when I started healing, I felt shamans were scaled worse then anyone, trust me.. if these people stopped crying long enough to learn what they need to do, they would see its not as bad as they think it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/14/2010 5:31 PMPosted by Miò
I had just as much trouble as anyone when I started healing, I felt shamans were scaled worse then anyone, trust me.. if these people stopped crying long enough to learn what they need to do, they would see its not as bad as they think it is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
@Verrez
I've played a resto shaman back when we didn't have earthshield, when our best heal was healing wave rank 3 and when chain heal was a dumb heal
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Posted by Greedee
@Verrez
I've played a resto shaman back when we didn't have earthshield, when our best heal was healing wave rank 3 and when chain heal was a dumb heal

Cool.

Greedee do you like your shammy?

If Yes -> keep playing
In No -> stop playing
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Heh we aren't. There are no shaman spells or mechanics that do what the pally's ability did, our procs have been exactly the same for ages. We do well in heroics right now because shaman have 2 decent CC abilities and can lust every boss. Those aren't exactly healing abilities or resto abilities. They are very desirable for heroics though.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I can't say that I have noticed my shaman being op vs my other healers (druid, priest, pally) though they are still in the process of being leveled so its hard to do a direct comparison. If there is something giving shamans the edge where they are being stacked, or don't suffer from the intended mechanics of a encounter mana management being one of them I would hope they correct that asap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Posted by Wishywashy
What? The priest qq I mean the healing forums said something, so it must be right?

Shamans aren't even the best, and they definitely aren't OP...bad healers should try learning to play instead of whining and pointing fingers. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.

I like the cut of your jib.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Shamans are fine where other classes had to be (or still need to be) balanced up or down. This was blizz's own statement about priests and shammies right before cata launch, except it seems it wasn't true for priests (according to them), but many shammies agreed was true for us.

At this point I feel my class is challenging without being overly complicated, and generally has both throughput and synergy to go through heroic healing if the group can play a strat.

My guess is that shammies will stay as they are, since they are clearly not OP (you have to work to get your loot), but other classes might be brought closer to our throughput and mana management.

The QQ is excessive and, as usual, just the latest class QQ fad.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
12/14/2010 5:39 PMPosted by Earthenring
Everyone knows shamans are the step child blizzard never wanted.

that's healing priests.

shaman are PROBABLY in a better place right now because they are used to longer cast heals and having to spam heals, as they don't have real mitigation. they also rely on haste to speed up their heals, so a slower spammable heal isn't going to trip them up too much.

I haven't leveled my shaman to 85 yet, I've only got experience in 80 endgame healing for resto shaman.

That, and triage healing is how it works for shaman. Other classes aren't triage healers, and blizz is trying to make them that way, but herp derp, no one wants to play four different classes, or five different specs, and feel like your spec is the exact same as everything else. It's dull.
Reply Quote
84 Human Mage
Basically, I'm noticing a trend in all the complaint threads where the majority of people saying "Healing is fine!" are shamans.

I have yet to try healing in Cata yet on any of my healing classes, so my concerns are based not on whether or not I feel my class has been nerfed, but simply from the pretty obvious trends I'm seeing on the forums.

If most shamans are saying healing is fine, then it seems likely that their healing is fine. Not necessarily OP, maybe just right where it's supposed to be, or maybe as others have said, their playstyle wasn't changed too dramatically to be less fun.

What concerns me is the number of priests and druids complaining about how healing is no longer fun. Not just harder, but no longer fun. What I loved about my priest was my wide range of situational healing spells. I'm getting a little nervous about playing her once I level her now. I really hope priest healing hasn't been reduced to large heal spams.

I don't really see the point in homogenizing healing. I'm fine with them making things more challenging, but if the other complaints are true and healing styles between classes are all pretty much the same now, then there's something wrong because it defeats the purpose of picking a class to suit your playstyle preferences.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]