Should I see a diffrence from five levels?

This isn't a QQ thread as much as a curiosity thread. I noticed that as I leveled the only thing to get higher were the mana cost. I have higher mana pool and an extremely higher health pool, but I feel my healing hasn't got a bit stronger since I was 80. I understand the mana cost and I have been dealing with it. I am slowly making my way to Heroics (nerve and gear wise.)

My question is why haven't my heals strengthen with my leveling. My Spell power sure has jumped, but I might as well kept the same spell power I had in ICC because I truly don't see a difference with more spell power.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
My spammable heal as of now does about 8.1k non crit, my big heal is around 24k, I feel blizzard scaled everything at 85 for higher end gear and that's why people don't see much effectiveness when they first start healing.
Reply Quote
It can be understandable if not a little unnerving to anyone who wants to start healing. I mean as when ever someone level (before cat) they usually feel stronger, but in Cat I felt progressively weaker.

For instance, I can barely do ICC heroic anymore because of my low mana regen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Posted by Delisse
I have higher mana pool and an extremely higher health pool, but I feel my healing hasn't got a bit stronger since I was 80. ...

My question is why haven't my heals strengthen with my leveling. My Spell power sure has jumped, but I might as well kept the same spell power I had in ICC because I truly don't see a difference with more spell power.

OK so. Two things might explain this:

- Spell cost is a % of your base mana (that's the mana you would have running naked). Your base mana goes up by a huge amount between 80-85, so the cost of spells goes up a ton. That means that in new-85 gear, your spells cost a lot more relative to how much total mana you have right now.

- Think of spellpower like crit, haste, or any other rating system. It's a "coefficient," so having say 2k spellpower at 80 will increase the effectiveness of your heals by ~%, but the same 2k spellpower at 85 will increase healing by a much smaller percent. So while the number you see on the screen for spellpower has gone up in absolute terms, it has probably even gone down a bit relative to your level, since you probably had really great gear at 80.

Right now, at level 85, every ~93sp will increase your healing by 1%. That's a LOT more than it was at 80. As an aside, this is also a factor in why dps hasn't gone up by huge amounts either (along with the same style reductions to haste, crit, and hit).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]