On a 1-10 scale how bad was holy nerfed?

Word on the street is we were nerfed.

Is it bad enough to reroll priest?

1-10 scale just how bad as it?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
About a 7.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10 by far. It used to be holy light on tank and shocks on the dps, then LoD on everyone too top off the tank.
Reply Quote
2 Human Paladin
12/14/2010 6:14 PMPosted by Holysquid
About a 7.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
9. I honestly can't keep the tank up as well as I could any more.

This really sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
My Pally friend is still healing fine.

About a 2. You all are still the best healers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
RED
you just have to l2p like all us priests that still heal
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I dunno, 4 or 5. Doing raid now, it definitely makes a difference, but meh. I think I'm more irritated by how it changes my healing pattern than the actual effective of the nerf. Takes a bit to get used to it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I believe its a 3, depends on how much you healed before the change. I noticed it a guild member who started healing today didn't have any problems getting into it.

It's more of a pattern change then a nerf now you just have to make sure your not missing your judgments.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
at 82, I haven't had issues yet. Just sucks I was getting used to the mechanics of using HP and LoD and now they were nerfed.

Is it bad enough to go back to my priest...not yet anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Kamikun
I believe its a 3, depends on how much you healed before the change. I noticed it a guild member who started healing today didn't have any problems getting into it.

It's more of a pattern change then a nerf now you just have to make sure your not missing your judgments.

I only noticed it because prior to a boss I was trying to load up HP with HL and noticed it wasn't stacking. I didn't have problems per say, just noticed I was a little down on mana. But again, this is all pre 85 and pre heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I dunno if we were sooo much better than the other healers, we can still heal now, but compared to what we were, it was a 10.

Reply Quote
It's a needed change, not a nerf. I have an 85 holy pally, and if they didn't either buff other healers or make a change like this to my paladin, I would hands-down play on my pally if I wanted to out-preform by a large margin.

As someone pointed out already, just get used the new way of healing. All is fine. If you're having trouble acclimating to the change, read suggestions or ask for some.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Depends how you healed..

For most, 10

For me, 7
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i didn't get to try this fun strategy because all you "stay home on expansion days and roll to level 85 fast as nuts" people ruined it >.>

took me 3 days to get to 85 so meh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd put it around 4-5. I can still heal fine in what I've done. However I've not gone into heroics yet. Did Grim Batol today, all the while unsure of why it wasn't working, and just made holy shock charges work. It's lowered my overall capacity for hps though, which could be a problem.

My worry isn't so much that it will make current content impossible as it is that I may have trouble in heroics or raids later. While their kneejerk reaction made the problem of people only using holy shock and light of dawn impossible, it also made it hard for us to throw out burst healing at all without draining half of our mana. Recovering the tank now from the brink of death is costing me about half of my mana pool. If he never gets there, then that's awesome, and it's no big deal. The problem is that he will in certain spots and there's not a lot I can do to preempt it.

Here's to hoping it works out, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd much rather they have brought other healers up with us than nerfed us all back down lower.

Posted by Xphyr
i didn't get to try this fun strategy because all you "stay home on expansion days and roll to level 85 fast as nuts" people ruined it >.>

took me 3 days to get to 85 so meh.

It took me five, and I still got plenty of healing in. What'd you do for the other four days?
Edited by Toraxa on 12/14/2010 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 8:04 PMPosted by Toraxa
It took me five, and I still got plenty of healing in. What'd you do for the other four days?

I bought mine friday. So i just hit 85 yesterday. So i've only been playing for 4 days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I ran a normal random just to test it out. I was actually complimented on my heals. We can still do what we do, but we have to plan our holy light generation better and drop stats for spirit and intellect.

We provided a larger margin of error in heroics; when we oomed last week, we were carrying the party. Now, if the party fails, we keel over like the other healers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I bought mine friday. So i just hit 85 yesterday. So i've only been playing for 4 days.

Well, that's positive in a way. You don't have to worry about having been used to having some options. Now it's pretty much a decision between normal, fast mode, or big mode. There's not a lot of reason to even count on the special heals, since they're too infrequent.

EDIT: For god's sake Blizzard, just take the stupid color out of the posts when they're quoted and stop destroying our ability to properly use site functions.
Edited by Toraxa on 12/14/2010 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]