On a 1-10 scale how bad was holy nerfed?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 8:14 PMPosted by Toraxa
EDIT: For god's sake Blizzard, just take the stupid color out of the posts when they're quoted and stop destroying our ability to properly use site functions.

Yeah i'm starting to notice these faults on this site >.> to think you actually have to have an active account to post here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I say more of a 6 than a 7. Holy light's usage has not changed much with me. I still use it even with 3 stacks of HP before I use LoD/WoG because I refuse to have them wasted on overhealing. Now I just do as I was doing before, us HL and spam HS along with it and when I need too, replace a HS with a flash directly after/before I use HL. Still use 3 HP's as much as I did before.

with that said I would give it a 5 but the +1pt is due to how weak LoD is. It heals for like 2% of a players hp bar now... AoE does 3x that in heroics............................................... ----______________----
Edited by Yehvon on 12/14/2010 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
8-9 Just because the fun of the class has been nerfed big time. They could decrease the overall healing of the class and I would have been happy as hell, but instead they messed with the rotation, and that just makes me upset. I was actually JUST starting to enjoy healing, and honestly I knew of the power of Light of Dawn but I thought it made the game less enjoyable so I mostly cast WoG anyway. I'm pretty stacked on heroics right now, only one I haven't played at all is deadmines yet.

The fact that I no longer generate holy power from holy light is the biggest disappointment to me ever, I enjoyed the "dps" feel to the healing I had. If you want my full opinions, I've posted a longer call for revision in some other posts, hopefully one of these reaches blizzards eyes fast, because right now the class just isn't FUN to play anymore.

Make spells hit for less, make light of dawn not beacon to the tank, make holy light a little more expensive, STOP MESSING WITH ROTATIONS.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/14/2010 6:18 PMPosted by Kaxig
You all are still the best healers.

lolwhat?

you mean how it was actually priest who was the best healer for an extremely long time?
right.

TANK HEALER ONLY =/= best healer

i was a pretty damn good healer on my old raiding paladin, and i always got poo'd on by holy priests on the healing meters.

i don't believe that priests suck now (i think they're just not used to the changes..)
but even if priests aren't the best healers anymore, who cares? You guys were the best for a long ass time, and are still good.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
all of you saying less than 9 are simple minded and unaware of current Hpally mechanics--or just bad. HL was our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Now we can only build holy power with our shocks or Flashes. try spamming Flash as a filler and see how fast you OOM. Its ridiculous. With heavy spike DMG and HS off Cooldown we are FORCED to OOM via flash or DL. we get globaled waiting for HS to come off!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or never ran a pug.

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So wait, Instead of helping the Priest, druids, and Shammy become good healers like Paladins, they decided to nerf the paladins?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
About a 4. Doesn't make it harder, just a lot less fun, and a lot more tedious.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Posted by Nerdstomper
all of you saying less than 9 are simple minded and unaware of current Hpally mechanics--or just bad. HL was our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Now we can only build holy power with our shocks or Flashes. try spamming Flash as a filler and see how fast you OOM. Its ridiculous. With heavy spike DMG and HS off Cooldown we are FORCED to OOM via flash or DL. we get globaled waiting for HS to come off!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or never ran a pug.

There's your problem, bud.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
for PVE I would say about a 5. For pvp i would say about a 7 or 8. you get focused and you are toast. i am disappointed in the amount i can heal for on most of the spells. overall i do fine in dungeons with little mana issues. you pull too many packs and it is lights out for the party. i really think they need to build the amount we heal for up a little.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Syn
Posted by Kirahn
<blockquote data-quote="15363457797"><div>Posted by Nerdstomper</div>all of you saying less than 9 are simple minded and unaware of current Hpally mechanics--or just bad. HL was our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or never ran a pug.</blockquote>

There's your problem, bud.

I can't help but notice that yourself, nor anyone else that posted a number below 7 show's any recent activity regarding healing through a heroic dungeon.

Give it a shot, and I'm curious as to whether your opinion changes. A nerf to healing output is one thing. Rendering a talent so far down in a tree useless, changing the style of healing necessary, and maintaining mana costs is far, far different.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
about a 3, in heroics anyway, I havent raided yet. But that said its alot more boring.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's about a five, if you don't miss any judgements you don't have any mana issues still.

The biggest thing I've noticed is that we're once again dependent on a solid group, if the group is terrible we can't carry it. That's the norm amongst healers also, Shamans/Druids/Priests are the same way.
I can really only say that it's a terrible design to have the success or failure of a group taken almost entirely out of our hands, but it's how they seem to want healers to be.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10

This pisses me off so freaking bad. How the F**K are we supposed to be effective, efficient, DESIRABLE healers if we have EVEN LESS healing throughput now? I can still heal instances, but how the hell am I supposed to gain holy power in a convenient way anymore? Crusader Strike is useful in some situations for an extra charge, but not when the group/raid is spread out so you can't LoD to heal them and the tank. And if I'm lucky I am left with 35-45% mana after trash. Way to go Blizzard. Keep it up and I'll quit this broken-ass game.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I hear priests are even worse.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Utterly aggravating.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10. And not for the overall nerf. For the fact that they took all of the fun that was healing playstyle a week ago (not the 3xHL -> LoD, but being able to holy light the tank, shock the tank/raid, while using the HP to either WoG the tank and or DPS, or throw out a LoD if everyone is taking dmg) and took it away. I hate healing now and will most likely switch specs/mains because of it.

Hopefully they will see that Holy Healing is no longer enjoyable and is more like a headache. If I wanted one of those, I'd slam my head against the wall for awhile. Oh wait...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
About a 5. You can still heal fine, you just rip through your mana; on top of that, you're encouraged to head into melee range to regen mana. It also took out every last ounce of fun out of PvE healing.

LoD just isn't even close to good enough to use. It went from a great spell to a spell that seems like a L70 Holy Paladin cast it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Posted by Cyriaa
10. it's bad enough to reroll runescape.

I'm absolutely garbage now and I worked my butt off to get where I'm at.

Shouldn't have xfer and faction change!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]