On a 1-10 scale how bad was holy nerfed?

91 Blood Elf Paladin
I used to really love healing on this gal. I still enjoy it, but it feels less fun. I actually miss my JoL heal, running up and hitting a mob and watching those little green numbers keep my whole party safe while focusing on the tank. Now I feel like my heals aren't really very efficient. It's a frustrating thing sometimes for our almost complete lack of party heals, we have DoL which really doesn't heal for much and doesn't always hit people, because they tend to be scattered around.

Noticing a lot of going oom even using divine plea as much as I possibly can. Though it is true I'm only 83. I'll have to wait and see how it ends up at max level with some decent gear. I hope it all turns out okay because I am actually semi-new to healing, but I really do love playing a holy paladin.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
oh noes now were on par with other healers nao wut r we evr guna dew
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 11:45 PMPosted by Rezneck
oh noes now were on par with other healers nao wut r we evr guna dew

It's not about being on par with other healers (At least for me). Put mana costs on WoG/LoD for all I care. I just want to be able to use the same playstyle I used before HL was taken off of Tower. It was more fun and made the spec enjoyable.
Reply Quote
75 Draenei Priest
Posted by Ryus

We provided a larger margin of error in heroics; when we oomed last week, we were carrying the party. Now, if the party fails, we keel over like the other healers.

That's one definition of balance I suppose.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Id put the actual nerf on our numbers to maybe a 5..

But the nerf on mechanics, the way we play, is easily a 10. Blizzard @!*%ed our class instead of adjusting numbers (which is what they are supposed to do when things are out of line, such as too much mana regen or too efficient of heals).

Thanks Blizzard, for breaking it instead of a deserved proper fix.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think that the nerf is a little bit extreme, To adjust for the new season they do a quick hot fix leaving us with a talent that is truly only 2/3ds effective (personally i think it should now be made just 1 point) And the fact that Divine light and Flash of light equates to around 9 % mana every time is an issue. I believe that Blizz needs to modify tower of radiance to allow holy light to generate points in a completely random way, just like ret Templar verdict procs.. and word of glory not using combo points.. As a matter of fact mana should just be removed completely from paladins and we start with 3 points and we randomly generate.

UNRELIABLE, UNSTABLE, TOO DYNAMIC.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
5-7.. Honestly we can't heal how we are intended to now but with proper timing of our cool downs we can get through each mob just fine.

Cd's are up pretty much every other pull, use them. The days of saving every cd for the perfect time are over.. its now time to use them when you think you might need to because they'll be back for the boss fight in a minute or two..

I love holy and I'll remain holy through the storm
Ret sucks anyways, play a shaman!

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10. it's not the matter of the actual nerf, it's the way the nerf was implemented. No warning, no chance to adapt of of instances... more like a oh, and btw wonder why that thing wasn't working? Yeah, here's why. Although the nerf does tick me off, it's going to be more of an annoyance than anything else. Hey guys here is this cool mechanic called hp. You need to generate it. Ok wait... let me take away this ability.... ok, now there you go. all fixed. No wait... that's wrong here... let me... ok there. No wait... alright! There we go! I give it a week before it's tweaked yet again without letting us know beforehand.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol at all of the tens, if you can't heal a heroic now, you're doing it wrong, haven't had a single problem since the patch, idk if we're playing the same game guys.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd say a 1. Because now we have to heal like the healing design was intended.

Spamming cheap holy light on beacon(tank), then LoD the party(or raid) for tons of beacon procs and lots of healing for next to NO costs at all with decent regen.

The only "nerf" was nerfing our ability to carry stupid.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by Jirachi
I'd say a 1. Because now we have to heal like the healing design was intended.

Spamming cheap holy light on beacon(tank), then LoD the party(or raid) for tons of beacon procs and lots of healing for next to NO costs at all with decent regen.

The only "nerf" was nerfing our ability to carry stupid.

I agree. While the mechanic was certainly useful and helped mana efficiency, we in no way required the use of it to be effective. Daybreak procs often enough to keep HP up as often as we need it, and we can still use CS (which is cheaper than HS) to generate HP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just cant understand why nerf the generation of HP, then nerf one of the abilities you get with HP.

Also doing it without telling us...give us a heads up dammit, I was healin away and was like "hey...wtf...no HP for HL...am I missin something?"
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
2 or 3 honestly. If you had full heroic gear and were exploiting the "bug" or were used to healing without worrying about mana as much than its a little worse, but I havent been healing and I still find it just fine when I do.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's honestly not that bad -- 2-4, maybe. You're forced to be more strategic with your Holy Power and I never liked the idea of Light of Dawn eclipsing Word of Glory all the time anyway.

However, I do think they should tweak something else just to compensate, because this pretty much made one of our top tier talents either superfluous or half as effective, depending on who you ask. What I personally would like to see is the addition of a short, one-minute cooldown not dissimilar to the old Divine Favor that grants 3HP on activation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would say a 5-6. Honestly I wouldn't care as much if they would take the -50% healing off divine plea. That way we could have a in combat mana regen like most other healing classes do.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
you know, i did hear somewhere that blizzards intent on the holy pally was to make it a little bit more challenging, learning how to conserve mana. and i could be wrong. im dual specc'd prot/holy, but i never heal anymore so im sorry if this post seems like a waste.

i do know that the pally i went in to TOT with had a difficult time keeping me topped off, and twince i had to use LOH. so...from a tank perspective, i would certainly like to see some changes with the holy tree, it certainly doesnt have the staying power like it did in WOTLK.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I feel like most of you are over reacting just a little bit. I leveled a priest to 85 the first couple of days and tried to heal. It was absolutely miserable. Then I leveled this Pally and it was literally like night and day. So while i would have rather seen them bring other people up instead of us down I guess its fair.

Ive found the nerf to be more of an inconvenience to generating HP, as opposed to crippling our heals or anything like that. Just my 2 cents. Take care
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]